Windows 10: Temporary files are eating away my storage!!

Discus and support Temporary files are eating away my storage!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and with it a major problem has developed on my laptop. I have looked around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeSimpson6, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Temporary files are eating away my storage!!

Hi there,

I have recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and with it a major problem has developed on my laptop. I have looked around and found it is not an uncommon issue however none of the fixes I've tried thus far have worked for me.

The issue is that my temporary folder is filling up with a massive amount of files that are taking all the space up on my SSD. I can go from 119GB following a clean using ccleaner to 94GB in a matter of minutes and if left unchecked have no storage left within hours.

My research seems to suggest that this is a problem with the AppXService and my first attempt was to stop it using command prompt, however my access to do such a thing was denied. I have scanned for malware and nothing has come up.

Please help me

:)

JoeSimpson6, Jun 8, 2020
  2. azPaul52 Win User

Temporary Files on C: slowly eating entire disk

"Temporary files" on drive C: keeps growing without apparent cause. Like some temp file is created but when done is never deleted. After a week or so my entire 2 TB drive shows (Settings, System, Storage) as used by "Temporary files" but the detail shows
    nothing over 1.2 GB.

How can I determine what app/process is eating my drive?

azPaul52, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Temporary file

Hello Grishma,

To further assist you, please provide us the information below:

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting step have you tried so far?

Regarding on how to delete temporary files, go to Settings > System > Storage > This Device > Temporary Files > Delete temporary files (Windows phone 8: In
    Storage Sense
    Temporary files are eating away my storage!! 12507_en-us_1.png
    , go to
    Temporary files, and then tap Delete). Then, perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold
    Volume Down + Power button until phone vibrates and restarts.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Temporary files are eating away my storage!!

Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Looks like you are on version 1803. I have just checked on an 1803 system and can confirm that the contents of your Downloads folder are included in the total size of 'Temporary files' even though they do not appear in the list of locations you can clear. So it looks like your 'missing' 3.7xGB will be found in your Downloads folder.

Starting with version 1809, the populated list when you left click on Temporary files now includes your Downloads folder.

Temporary files are eating away my storage!! [​IMG]

Bree, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Temporary files are eating away my storage!!

1. Temporary files are eating away my storage!! - Similar Threads - Temporary files are

2. W11 temporary files storage problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 temporary files storage problem?: I can't seem to be able to post any pictures here for some reason, so I'll just try to describe it:i go to settings system then storage then i see all of my storage, there is this section "temporary files" it says it takes up 31.3gb of my storage i went in there cleaned...
  3. a file named content.bin is eating away alot of my storage. How can I delete it ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a file named content.bin is eating away alot of my storage. How can I delete it ?: Another Problem is that this file called content.bin is using a lot of my memory in standby, as I found out in the Software RamMap. This file is located here : [ATTACH] Can u please help me get rid of this file ?...
  4. Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??: Temporary files is eating up 20gb+ of storage on my device but when I go to it, it doesn't let me free up the space, can someone help? [ATTACH][ATTACH] I'm not low on storage or anything but I'd like to know why that suddenly took up so much space on my hard drive....
  5. a file named content.bin is eating away 20% of my storage. about 77gb. how do i delete this?

a file named content.bin is eating away 20% of my storage. about 77gb. how do i delete this?: [ATTACH]how can i delete this massive file on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-file-named-contentbin-is-eating-away-20-of-my/31b6ce11-a6b4-4b79-bc05-392afed1db14
  6. What is eating away my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is eating away my RAM?: So I have a 8 GB RAM on my laptop and I noticed that 3.7 GB were already used and only a little over 4 GB was free to use. I wasn't also getting good performance in video games. And I also noticed my battery wasn't holding up for more that a few hours and it was declining...
  7. temporary files storage

temporary files storage: temporary files is taking up 82GB of my storage and I want to find a way to get rid of the stuff I don't need or delete the stuff I wont use anymore. does anyone know what to do?...
  8. Temporary Files on C: slowly eating entire disk

Temporary Files on C: slowly eating entire disk: "Temporary files" on drive C: keeps growing without apparent cause. Like some temp file is created but when done is never deleted. After a week or so my entire 2 TB drive shows Settings, System, Storage as used by "Temporary files" but the detail shows nothing over 1.2 GB....
  9. Temporary Files Continuously Eating Disc Space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Files Continuously Eating Disc Space: Recently I got an error that kept popping up on my screen saying that windows could not install an update due to low disc space. When I clicked on the link attached to the notification it took me to a page that listed the types of storage that where occupying my disc and gave...
  10. Temporary Internet FIles Storage question

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary Internet FIles Storage question: Greetings, I have my Temporary Internet Files storage set to 250MB, but when I recently analysed TIF storage with CCleaner it said the storage was 654MB. Is Windows 10 not doing its job or does it take time to reduce automatically? 80070