Windows 10: Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??

Discus and support Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Temporary files is eating up 20gb+ of storage on my device but when I go to it, it doesn't let me free up the space, can someone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shannon Heineman, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??

Temporary files is eating up 20gb+ of storage on my device but when I go to it, it doesn't let me free up the space, can someone help?

Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space?? a3188796-da06-4a9c-922b-171970765566?upload=true.png Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space?? 9f09ba13-2b33-4b35-8c91-df4004e1741c?upload=true.png

I'm not low on storage or anything but I'd like to know why that suddenly took up so much space on my hard drive.

:)

Shannon Heineman, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Konty_J Win User

Temporary Files Continuously Eating Disc Space

Recently I got an error that kept popping up on my screen saying that windows could not install an update due to low disc space. When I clicked on the link attached to the notification it took me to a page that listed the types of storage that where occupying
    my disc and gave me cleanup options. Temporary files was taking up much of my disc space with roughly 42 GB dedicated to it. So I ran the cleanup tools on that and the other storage folders, this only freed up a few hundred MB. Since this was not enough I
    deleted some applications to free up space. This worked temporarily and I was able to use my computer. However, when I got on the next day I was out of space again, I took the same steps I had taken previously to make my laptop usable. When I got on today
    storage was full again and temporary files are now taking up over 78 GB of my 117 GB hard drive.

I have tried diagnosing the problem by looking through this forum. I tried searching for viruses but found no foreign files, I tried using all of Microsoft's build in disc cleaning programs but they are only a temporary fix that free up less that a Gigabyte,
    and I've tried direct commands to delete the temporary files on my computer. My recycling bin is empty.

I wish I could attach pictures but I cant take a screen shot with no place to store the image. If anyone thinks they know what to do and needs a specific picture I can try to free up some space to get one.

Konty_J, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Temporary files are eating away my storage!!

Unfortunately this video doesn't help. The issue is that some malfunction within windows itself is constantly eating up space. Even if I use clean up apps, the storage is filled up again within hours.

JoeSimpson6, Dec 21, 2020
  4. DuaneMi Win User

Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??

Something is eating my free storage space

Something is eating my free storage space. I almost ran our of space on the drive where Windows 10 is installed. So I compressed that whole drive. That freed up 9 GB. However, over the next couple days that free space became, 7 the 6 then 5 then 4
    and now 2.5 GB. I have installed no new apps or software and clean out all system files such as temporary files, recycle bin, etc. every day. Any idea what can be causing this and what can I do before the whole computer locks up?

DuaneMi, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??

1. Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space?? - Similar Threads - Temporary files eating

2. Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up: Hello,I'm experiencing annoying problem for a few months now. When I go to Settings>System>Storage app shows I have over 18.8GB of Temporary files, but when I click option Temporary files it shows nearly no files mostly few hundred megabytes.Is there option to find these...
  3. Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up: Hello,I'm experiencing annoying problem for a few months now. When I go to Settings>System>Storage app shows I have over 18.8GB of Temporary files, but when I click option Temporary files it shows nearly no files mostly few hundred megabytes.Is there option to find these...
  4. Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space: Hi there, I have a question about my brand newly bought HP stream laptop. I bought this about a week ago and around two days ago I got a notification that I was low on storage. This alarmed me because I hadn't downloaded anything onto here. ANYTHING. So, I checked it out and...
  6. Temporary files are eating away my storage!!

Temporary files are eating away my storage!!: Hi there, I have recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and with it a major problem has developed on my laptop. I have looked around and found it is not an uncommon issue however none of the fixes I've tried thus far have worked for me. The issue is that...
  7. temporary files storage

temporary files storage: temporary files is taking up 82GB of my storage and I want to find a way to get rid of the stuff I don't need or delete the stuff I wont use anymore. does anyone know what to do?...
  8. Something is eating my free storage space

Something is eating my free storage space: Something is eating my free storage space. I almost ran our of space on the drive where Windows 10 is installed. So I compressed that whole drive. That freed up 9 GB. However, over the next couple days that free space became, 7 the 6 then 5 then 4 and now 2.5 GB. I have...
  9. Temporary Files Continuously Eating Disc Space

Temporary Files Continuously Eating Disc Space: Recently I got an error that kept popping up on my screen saying that windows could not install an update due to low disc space. When I clicked on the link attached to the notification it took me to a page that listed the types of storage that where occupying my disc and gave...
  10. Storage Temporary Files taking up much more space than individual files

Storage Temporary Files taking up much more space than individual files: In my "Storage usage" setting, it states I have 55.4 GB of "Temporary files." When I open "Temporary files" it allows me to only remove 702 MB of files. I would like to remove all 55.4 GB and I don't see how I can do it. Is there a way to manually delete this massive amount...