Windows 10: Temporary files in settings not deleting

Discus and support Temporary files in settings not deleting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In settings I have a large temporary files allocation which says I can delete, I click and it says "We're cleaning up your temporary files.Come back In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TamiW, Oct 18, 2015.

1. TamiW Win User

Temporary files in settings not deleting

In settings I have a large temporary files allocation which says I can delete, I click and it says "We're cleaning up your temporary files.Come back In a bit to checkout the results." I have left it for hours and there is no change. They are taking up a lot of room.

:)

TamiW, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Chiji2000 Win User

Deleting Temporary Files from Storage in Settings - Windows 10

If you haven't found out how to delete the temp files in Windows 10 here's what I found out and it works for me.

Right click on the start icon (Windows symbol left side of taskbar). Click on run, type %temp% and push enter. You can select all items by pushing cntrl A on keyboard and right click, select delete files. You will then have to empty recycle bin. If some
    files can't be deleted because they are being used by another program i.e. AOL just go to task manager and end process for apps that are preventing your deletion attempts and try again.

That's the only way to get the job done so not why Microsoft won't admit that.

Chiji2000, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Chiji2000 Win User
    Deleting Temporary Files from Storage in Settings - Windows 10

Disk Cleanup won't help you. After years of following answers here that dont work, I settled on simply finding the Temp folder and periodically deleting everything inside it. Brutal and crude but it works without affecting my system adversely.

Chiji2000, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Post the full path to these temporary files please? Is this in your AppData\Local\Temp folder?

Ztruker, Oct 19, 2015
  5. TamiW Win User
    But I have a problem in file manager deleting the AppData\Local\Temp. I have tried other ways to delete the temp files since I upgraded to Win 10 because it's been longer than 30 days and either Win 8.1 is still on my computer or Win 10 is growing at an alarming rate so my space is getting eaten up. Any help is appreciated.

TamiW, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Temporary files in settings not deleting - Similar Threads - Temporary files settings

2. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  3. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  4. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  5. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to delete temporary files

How to delete temporary files: Hello, how to delete windows update files that are in temporary files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-temporary-files/e62f9ff0-866a-4c4b-a355-75ce20eb4eee
  7. DELETE TEMPORARY FILES

DELETE TEMPORARY FILES: HI I am trying to delete my temporary internet files but cant find them. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-files/58af60d4-6999-408a-bb1d-66b7301a6d83
  8. Temporary files not deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary files not deleting: So I was watching some Netflix when I received a pop-up message from chrome stating that I should delete the temporary cache files from Netflix, so I closed it and headed over to my storage settings and noticed that it was full, I remember having around 50GB free on my m.2...
  9. Temporary Files won’t delete

Temporary Files won’t delete: Problem solved [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-files-wont-delete/ce3dad67-ee42-42b1-b5d3-352f7a2998b9"
  10. Deleting temporary files

Deleting temporary files: I have been trying to clear drive space so I can update. I have moved everything I can to a mass storage device and I have only been able to remove a small amount of temp files. I am left with 5GB. I have deleted all my excess mail and now I am stuck. Is there a way to view...