Windows 10: Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one.

Discus and support Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, When I try to delete the temporary files that is show in the storage usage window, it says that the temporary files is 5GB, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Samahi21, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Samahi21 Win User

Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one.

Hello guys, When I try to delete the temporary files that is show in the storage usage window, it says that the temporary files is 5GB, but when I click on it and try to delete them, it says only 55 MB is available to delete, so what about the rest of the 5GB why I can't delete them?
    Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one. 10b8006b-2273-4d6d-8bd3-3053df3d14c5?upload=true.png
    Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one. 80c86a8f-0449-4507-b22c-6b9a81244944?upload=true.png

:)

Samahi21, Nov 10, 2018

2. Temporary files on my Lumia 720

Installed Black Update and got the option of deleting temporary files. But it is not working i tried many times - it says "deleting...." but nothing is getting deleted actually - temporary storage size remains the same.

Any suggestions/solution?

manish.mandal, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Richmny Win User
    Temporary Files Storage Usage Runtime Error

I recently installed the April 2018 feature update. In Settings, Storage Usage I get a Runtime Error message when I drill into Temporary files. After I dismiss the message and the page is displayed, the folders shown don't have any where near the 14.5GB
    shown on the storage usage page.

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.48

Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one. c193fa9c-d0ff-4927-9384-18172c88482d?upload=true.png

Richmny, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one.

Temporary file

Hello Grishma,

To further assist you, please provide us the information below:

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting step have you tried so far?

Regarding on how to delete temporary files, go to Settings > System > Storage > This Device > Temporary Files > Delete temporary files (Windows phone 8: In
    Storage Sense
    Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one. 12507_en-us_1.png
    , go to
    Temporary files, and then tap Delete). Then, perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold
    Volume Down + Power button until phone vibrates and restarts.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one.

1. Temporary files in storage usage says different number than the actual one. - Similar Threads - Temporary files storage

2. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.: I am currently moving data off storage spaces onto another drive because of the 63TB limit and I cannot remove the drive because it says it's still using that amount of space. It says it's using 44.4TB but both WizTree and Explorer add up to 33.3TBhttps://imgur.com/JaiXl1E...
  3. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.: I am currently moving data off storage spaces onto another drive because of the 63TB limit and I cannot remove the drive because it says it's still using that amount of space. It says it's using 44.4TB but both WizTree and Explorer add up to 33.3TBhttps://imgur.com/JaiXl1E...
  4. Storage Spaces says it uses 11TB more than it actually does.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.: Bought a - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 3000MHz which has this part number on the box: HX430C15PB3/8 The sticker on the RAM indicates the same part number. The store from which I bought is a really big one in my country(emag.ro). However: Both CPU-Z and command prompt...
  6. RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM chip part number appears different than the one ordered.: Bought a - Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 3000MHz which has this part number on the box: HX430C15PB3/8 The sticker on the RAM indicates the same part number. The store from which I bought is a really big one in my country and have serious service. However: Both CPU-Z and...
  7. Storage usage different than Storage in explorer

Storage usage different than Storage in explorer: I really need help with this problem I am having that I cannot find anyone else that has the same problem. So on the Storage free in the Settings. it says I have a lot less, this actually effects windows 10 stores downloads and updates. On the storage on the Windows explorer...
  8. temporary files storage

temporary files storage: temporary files is taking up 82GB of my storage and I want to find a way to get rid of the stuff I don't need or delete the stuff I wont use anymore. does anyone know what to do?...
  9. Storage Usage summary shown 3.62GB of Temporary Files, but removal temporary files is only...

Storage Usage summary shown 3.62GB of Temporary Files, but removal temporary files is only...: Hi all, I'm having storage run low issue, but when I check, Storage Usage summary shown 3.62GB of Temporary Files, but removal temporary files is only 14.5KB. Can anyone share how do I locate this hidden 3.62GB? I really need to delete these files to free up more space....
  10. The difference between Temporary files

The difference between Temporary files: Hello, Temporary Files recognized that C drive has 1.05 GB files. When I'm going to delete these files, Show these files are only 150MB. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...