Windows 10: Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

Discus and support Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesCurran_903, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time. Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage. I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything. It said it could not find anything wrong. I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.

James Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte a439db50-b1f3-48b1-8fa7-dcbeac238070?upload=true.png Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte 33e4e8e8-1271-4629-974a-4eb9f6c9f621?upload=true.png

:)

JamesCurran_903, Apr 5, 2019
  2. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Aimanbd Win User
    Temporary files increasing day by day

I have Nokia Lumia 620, its increases temp files day by day. I tried by Storage Check's Clear option but unable to delete these. I also tried by clearing every apps cached file. But every time increasing temp files size.

My phone have latest version Amber Update.

Please inform me how to remove it.

Thanks

Aimanbd, Apr 5, 2019
  4. mcw1260 Win User

Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

Increasing Temorary File Storage

I went to the link in Francis 96 reply. I had already been there and done that. The increase in storage, as Francis noted, has occurred since this summer. I have no photos on the phone. I deleted all the games and most of the apps that came with the phone.
    Aside from the app from the Carrier, I've not downloaded any other apps. I have Word and Excel files. But, these are not temporary files and are accounted for in storage sense in another classification. I keep Data Sense setting on High.

So, should I assume that the Temporary Files (wouldn't it be great if I could get a list of these!) will keep expanding?

Prior to the last update the Temporary Files would decrease in real numbers, not just the rate of increase. Buying more storage as the link suggests does not make sense. Why can't the Temporary Files be deleted and I delete them?

mcw1260, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

1. Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte - Similar Threads - Temporary files increasing

2. Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files: The Temp directory on Windows 11 has to be cleaned out periodically, but there is one sub directory with one file that keeps reappearing.4DBA83A8-E8B8-48C5-BB0D-CDF3268407E1eventhubprofile.xmlWhat is this file used for and why does it keep reactivating.J.A. Coutts...
  3. Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens: The past few times like 7 I have booted into Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1586 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0, a prompt appears asking me what application I would like to use to open the file probably no file extension. Most of the time I ignore it, and when I...
  4. Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens: The past few times like 7 I have booted into Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1586 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0, a prompt appears asking me what application I would like to use to open the file probably no file extension. Most of the time I ignore it, and when I...
  5. Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Temporary Files

Temporary Files: Hello im just wondering if the downloads on the temporary files below are safe to delete. will this delete just the temporary files or my actual downloaded files? because its too big to be just the temporary files, right? or is it normal and i can delete that safely without...
  7. Temporary files

Temporary files: Can I delete the files in temp and %temp% folders to speed up my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-files/bb857d90-4499-4aaa-b6db-d278f320c422
  8. Temporary files

Temporary files: I keep getting the error message stating that my disc space on my computer is almost full. The file manager states that 184 of my 235 GB are in temporary files, but when I go into the section to clean it up it only shows 5 gigs of data. Secondly, when I clean those 5 gigs,...
  9. Temporary files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary files: Previous Windows installations, if these are deleted does it impact on restore points? Need to free up space on C drive which is the windows drive, drive D is for Data etc....
  10. Temporary files

Temporary files: Is there a place in the Windows 10 settings to delete temporary internet files and cookies when I clear my browsing history? If so, can you tell me how? If not, what do I need to do so all temporary internet files and cookies will be deleted at the same time I clear my...