Windows 10: Temporary Files taking up 72 GB

Discus and support Temporary Files taking up 72 GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, My temp files in storage says it takes up 72GB. I can only delete 4 GB of them, how do I delete them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patia4nid, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Patia4nid Win User

Temporary Files taking up 72 GB

Hey,

My temp files in storage says it takes up 72GB. I can only delete 4 GB of them, how do I delete them?

:)

Patia4nid, Sep 25, 2020

2. Can't delete temporary files in Windows 10

Windows 10 says my temporary files have 5.16 GB of temporary files. Using this recommended method

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete
    Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK
    Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK
    the files don't get deleted and looking at the size of the files I find that I have less than 30 Mbytes of temporary files

My computer (a tablet with keyboard) has only 32 GB of storage

What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Ken and MagsMay, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Temporary files showing 1.95 GB

Temporary files is showing 1.95 GB after I opened up the OneDrive app in the Photos hub. It showed me all the photos but the Temporary files is showing 1.95 GB.

Hari_poojary, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Temporary Files taking up 72 GB

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Temporary Files taking up 72 GB

1. Temporary Files taking up 72 GB - Similar Threads - Temporary Files taking

2. Temporary files takes up 225GB out of 915GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary files takes up 225GB out of 915GB: Hi therei have 225gb Temporary files, and i do not know how to remove it. its in my E data files.And so far i've tried to do a disk cleanup, and done the run --> Temp --> delete all. but nothing have helped, is it because ive done it on a my C drive? and if so, how do i do it...
  3. Temporary files and Apps + Games taking up 11.1 GB in storage Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary files and Apps + Games taking up 11.1 GB in storage Settings: For some reason, both my Temporary Files and the Apps and games section on my Storage settings are each taking up 5 gigabytes of storage.I've cleared my Temp and %Temp% folders,used Disk Cleanup,Defragmented my C: drive,and cleaned using Storage Space and nothing seems to...
  4. Temporary files taking up 419gb of D drive

Temporary files taking up 419gb of D drive: So I noticed that my D drive was slowly filling up without me downloading anything. I decided to check what is causing this and I went to Settings -> Storage Settings -> More Storage Settings -> View storage usage on other devices -> D: Here I saw that my apps take up 300gb...
  5. Temporary Files is taking up 12gb of space but not really

Temporary Files is taking up 12gb of space but not really: So if I go to my storage settings, it says that Temporary Files are taking up 12gb of space. However when I click on 'Temporary Files', it shows that my downloads take up 6gb of space and the rest take up about 500mb of space. What is taking up the remaining 4.5gb? I...
  6. Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space: So my "temporary files" was taking up over 60 gb of storage. When I looked to see what i could delete, I could only delete like 10 gb, and that was almost entirely from my downloads folder which has indie games and sound clips. There was 50 gigabytes i couldnt delete. So I...
  7. Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working.: Hello! As in title my pc started acting weird i can't open any microsoft apps neihter microsoft store. My pc is freezing from time ot time speacially when i try to look up settings on my pc. Then i checked my storage and temporary files are taking 124 gb of space and when i...
  8. System Files taking up 424 GB

System Files taking up 424 GB: I created a 50GB Windows partition on my MacBook, but the "necessary" system files are somehow taking up over 400GB. I can't download anything and it's very frustrating, because none of my attempts to free up space have helped! [ATTACH]...
  9. 706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!: Can someone please help me *Sad i just bought a new laptop and it hasn't been a month since i used it. Now, i was wondering why my OS said that i only have 155gb free but my files are not even that big. And i searched what is the problem and found out that my temporary files...
  10. 706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!: Can someone please help me *Sad i just bought a new laptop and it hasn't been a month since i used it. Now, i was wondering why my OS said that i only have 155gb free but my files are not even that big. And i searched what is the problem and found out that my temporary files...