Windows 10: Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working.

Discus and support Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! As in title my pc started acting weird i can't open any microsoft apps neihter microsoft store. My pc is freezing from time ot time speacially... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RafaBD, Mar 7, 2019.

1. RafaBD Win User

Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working.

Hello!

As in title my pc started acting weird i can't open any microsoft apps neihter microsoft store. My pc is freezing from time ot time speacially when i try to look up settings on my pc. Then i checked my storage and temporary files are taking 124 gb of space and when i open it i see and can only clear about 3 gb of space. I tried to look for forums to find out watch going on and now I'm out of ideas so I came here. Anybody got ideas to what i should do.

-RafaBD

:)

RafaBD, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Drillling Win User

Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary Files

Hello,

I have Windows 10 version 1803 on HP Spectre x360 laptop with a SSD drive, 232 GB.

I have 170 GB of free space. There are no saved documents, pictures or videos.

I have only installed apps and software installed when I purchased the laptop.

My question is:

When I go to Windows Setting, select System, select Storage, select Local Storage/This PC, Storage Usage displays, select Temporary Files showing 423 MB from the selections offered.

Upon selection for Temporary Files, it opens - shows listings for the Remove Temporary Files.

Two particular selections/options to remove files concern me.

These are:

Deletes all system restore points - 4.28 GB

Compress your OD drive - 13.7 GB

These two are not checked for removal, rather they are highlighted in White.

Why are these particular two items are being displayed?

Will these eventually disappear or remain forever?

Any suggestions, recommendations or advice to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Drillling, Mar 7, 2019
  3. AllyT30 Win User
    24.2 GB of Temporary Files safe to delete?

Hello! I seem to have 24.2 GB of temporary files and I was wondering if it was safe to delete them. I've looked it up but I'm not quite sure what these files are or why they are using so much space. 24 GB seems rather absurd for temporary files and I didn't
    want to delete anything important. Is there a way to view what these files are? Thanks!

AllyT30, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working.

Storage Check - Not able to clear temporary files worth 1.3 GB from lumia 820

I was quite impressed with storage check since the time I installed it (immediately after its release). Until recently when a week back I saw that my lumia 820 displayed a message "your phone memory is full".

Generally the free space used to vary between 1.6GB to 2GB. But suddenly the free space was reduced to only 567 MB. I tried using the clear button and it marginally improved to 834 MB. I don't know which update of Nokia has affected it???????
    Could anyone please advise action to increase the free space. Before that
    let me list the apps on my phone
    -

AccuWeather, Alarms, Angry Birds Roost, App Highlights

Blink, Box

Calculator, Calender, Camera, Cinemagraph, Creative studio

Facebook

Games, Google Mail

Here+Tips, Here City Lens, Here Drive + Beta, Here Maps, Hotels.Com

Internet Explorer

Kids TV

Live Mail

Messaging, Music + Videos

Nokia Care, Nokia Music

Office, One Note, Outlook

Panorama, PDF Reader, People, Phone, PhotoBeamer, Photos, Priority Club Rewards

Settings, Sky Drive, Skype, Smart Shoot, SophieLens for Nokia, Store

The Times of India, Transfer my Data, Trip Advisor

Unit Convertor

Wallet, Weather, WhatsApp

I don't know what has happened but I was regularly using the storage check at least twice/thrice in a week to clear the temporary memory which used to vary between 230 KB to 450 KB. After running the clear button the Temporary Files used
    to stabilize at around 230 KB on the bottom side. But now I notice that the temporary file is 1.3 GB which is far more than it was. I try to clear the temporary Files but it is still the same as if no action is taking place. Could anyone
    please suggest ways to clear the Temporary Files????????????

I have also notice that The Overview of storage check shows the following

Apps 1.5 GB

Media and Files 3.3 GB

System 1.8 GB

Free space 834 MB

The point I would like to highlight is that I do not have anything of Media and files on the phone memory. I have installed the memory card of 32 GB and it is the default option to save the photos and videos. Could someone please
    suggest ways to reduce the Media and Files.

I would request the experts to please help me clear maximum memory as free space through step by step guide (I'm a novices).

Thanking you in anticipation

Regards

sabirafrin, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working.

1. Temporary files taking up to 124 gb of space and pc is'nt working. - Similar Threads - Temporary files taking

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Temporary files and Apps + Games taking up 11.1 GB in storage Settings

Temporary files and Apps + Games taking up 11.1 GB in storage Settings: For some reason, both my Temporary Files and the Apps and games section on my Storage settings are each taking up 5 gigabytes of storage.I've cleared my Temp and %Temp% folders,used Disk Cleanup,Defragmented my C: drive,and cleaned using Storage Space and nothing seems to...
  6. Temporary Files is taking up 12gb of space but not really

Temporary Files is taking up 12gb of space but not really: So if I go to my storage settings, it says that Temporary Files are taking up 12gb of space. However when I click on 'Temporary Files', it shows that my downloads take up 6gb of space and the rest take up about 500mb of space. What is taking up the remaining 4.5gb? I...
  7. Temporary Files taking up 72 GB

Temporary Files taking up 72 GB: Hey, My temp files in storage says it takes up 72GB. I can only delete 4 GB of them, how do I delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-files-taking-up-72-gb/3729e2d0-f5d1-4463-a224-f7ec9f65ea55
  8. Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space: So my "temporary files" was taking up over 60 gb of storage. When I looked to see what i could delete, I could only delete like 10 gb, and that was almost entirely from my downloads folder which has indie games and sound clips. There was 50 gigabytes i couldnt delete. So I...
  9. Can temporary files produce issues besides taking up space?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can temporary files produce issues besides taking up space?: I heard clearing the temp folders (c:\Windows\temp and the appdata temp folder) can fix issues such as a computer running slow, a printer not working properly and other software issues. I'd like to hear opinions on this. How can temp files do anything more than take up...
  10. 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?: Sorry if this isn't the appropriate sub for this. So I have a 32 GB USB that had a locked .bat folder in it that contained data worth of 20GB. One day I plug in the USB, enter the password for the .bat but it says the folder is empty. Considering that I didn't need that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temporary working space

2. Temporary files still display 50GB but Temp its now empty