Windows 10: Temporary files

Discus and support Temporary files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a place in the Windows 10 settings to delete temporary internet files and cookies when I clear my browsing history? If so, can you tell me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarieGray3, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Temporary files

Is there a place in the Windows 10 settings to delete temporary internet files and cookies when I clear my browsing history? If so, can you tell me how?

If not, what do I need to do so all temporary internet files and cookies will be deleted at the same time I clear my browsing history? Edge, IE11

:)

MarieGray3, Jun 12, 2019

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Jun 12, 2019
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Temporary files

Temporary file

Hello Grishma,

To further assist you, please provide us the information below:

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting step have you tried so far?

Regarding on how to delete temporary files, go to Settings > System > Storage > This Device > Temporary Files > Delete temporary files (Windows phone 8: In
    Storage Sense
    Temporary files 12507_en-us_1.png
    , go to
    Temporary files, and then tap Delete). Then, perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold
    Volume Down + Power button until phone vibrates and restarts.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Temporary files

1. Temporary files - Similar Threads - Temporary files

2. Previous Installation Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous Installation Temporary Files: I just update my windows 10 to 11 and found out that there's a temporary file of previous windows installation that take up 35,4 GB. If i decide to just ignore it and let it delete itself after 10 days of update would that mean i'll get that 35,4 GB free space back or i only...
  3. Previous Installation Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previous Installation Temporary Files: I just update my windows 10 to 11 and found out that there's a temporary file of previous windows installation that take up 35,4 GB. If i decide to just ignore it and let it delete itself after 10 days of update would that mean i'll get that 35,4 GB free space back or i only...
  4. Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working: I am trying to install the Windows 11 update on my HP laptop. I need to clear space. System Storage says I have 5.33G in Temporary Files. But when I click to delete those, there's only 10kb. I have updated, refreshed, rebooted, cleared every folder manually, emptied trash. On...
  5. Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working

Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working: I am trying to install the Windows 11 update on my HP laptop. I need to clear space. System Storage says I have 5.33G in Temporary Files. But when I click to delete those, there's only 10kb. I have updated, refreshed, rebooted, cleared every folder manually, emptied trash. On...
  6. 56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.: Looking at the storage settings earlier today, i found that my temporary files folder was huge. Most of it is taken up by "Temporary Internet Files", 56.4GBI have tried deleting it several times, and nothing seems to work. It still shows up as 56.4GBHere's what ive tried so...
  7. 56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.: Looking at the storage settings earlier today, i found that my temporary files folder was huge. Most of it is taken up by "Temporary Internet Files", 56.4GBI have tried deleting it several times, and nothing seems to work. It still shows up as 56.4GBHere's what ive tried so...
  8. 56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.

9. How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB: I have tried all measures listed on the internet but the temporary files still occupy nearly 87.6 GB of storage space. I have so far1. Tried using Disk cleanup to purge the 87.6 GB large temporary files2. Tried using Storage sense to clear it outHowever the 87.6 GB file never...
  10. How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB

How to get rid of temporary files to the tune of 90 GB: I have tried all measures listed on the internet but the temporary files still occupy nearly 87.6 GB of storage space. I have so far1. Tried using Disk cleanup to purge the 87.6 GB large temporary files2. Tried using Storage sense to clear it outHowever the 87.6 GB file never...