Windows 10: Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives

Discus and support Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue we have with random folders being created in network directories when outputting files from a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartiGMD, Feb 14, 2020.

1. MartiGMD Win User

Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives

Hello,

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue we have with random folders being created in network directories when outputting files from a specific application. They seem like filesystem folders to me, or work folders for the application that should normally be invisible and deleted but aren't.

Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives 11295caf-c992-4fbc-ac14-3d681103136c?upload=true.png

The folders appear only when that application is about to export/save a file. Setting the target folder is enough for the app to create a folder. Like it is reserving space for itself?

Any insights into this? These folders are clogging up our file directories.

The Application in question is DavinciResolve and the network storage is an Avid Nexis Pro array, I've already gone through the support with both of them with no conclusive ideas.

It happens on all our windows all windows 10 pro workstations systems. Mac systems are not affected.

:)

MartiGMD, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives :)

Frogger, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives

Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives

1. Temporary Folders Created on Network Drives - Similar Threads - Temporary Folders Created

2. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  3. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  4. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$: I have recently checked my C and D drive and found that there have been few folders appearing on them starting with "$". I have tried to delete them but can't and due to these I have almost lost all my C drive space 2.65gb free of 110gb even though I have mainly got windows...
  6. Creating a Private Network Shared Folder

Creating a Private Network Shared Folder: I am wondering how to create a private network folder. My organisation has some open to everyone on the network, but i am wanting to create a folder on the network where only certain people can see it. I am hoping to get this done ASAP preferably today. Thanks Pilot640 -...
  7. Create network drive?

Create network drive?: Hey guys I had once created a network drive from Mega.nz like a hard drive. Only I don't know how to do that anymore? There are other providers like Files.im who offer 1TB free cloud storage, but how do I do that as a network drive? What do I have to enter there for the...
  8. Create a network drive

Create a network drive: How do I create a network drive where everyone in the office can share files? Some do not want to use One Drive or SharePoint, etc. Thanks for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-network-drive/8346c25a-c44d-498f-a0b1-f2eecec93dba
  9. temporary user created

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temporary user created: Latest upgrade created a temporary user so now it appears all my files have disappeared. I signed on as I usually do. How do I figure this out. I'm under a deadline and am anxious to get back to work! Thanks....
  10. The mapped network drive could not be created...

The mapped network drive could not be created...: We have 4 networked computers, 3 Windows 10 and an Ubuntu. After one of the last updates the only way I could get on my wife's computer was to use this format: \\JIMS-PC\Users\Suzy, when I used to browse to her computer through the Map Network Drive her drive didn't show up....