Windows 10: Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...

Discus and support Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time my PC boots, my Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK and disk space to use is 0... which causes all kinds of issues... so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mitchjs, Nov 8, 2018.

1. mitchjs Win User

Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...

Every time my PC boots, my Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK and disk space to use is 0...

which causes all kinds of issues...

so what I do, is log off, and log right back on

and bingo... all good

here is picture just after a reboot

Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot... 04eb8be4-bd11-43a3-987d-3de06c79910f?upload=true.jpg

and after sign out, log in (which I do with ctrl-alt-del)

Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot... f4187fb6-79d4-4858-9f01-a0ddd93c37a2?upload=true.jpg

I did inplace upgrade, no change...

anyone got an idea?

:)

mitchjs, Nov 8, 2018

2. Temporary Internet Files' Current Location is Blank?!

Hi!

I've noticed that when I go to Internet Options > Browsing History Settings, the "Current Location" of the "Temporary Internet Files" is blank. When I click on the View Files button, it does take to me to the right place, which is the INetCache folder. I
    tried using the Move Folder button and reassigning INetCache, but unfortunately it doesn't want to be reassigned to that folder, because it says that the folder I have chosen cannot be added any items. I suspect that this problem is the cause and the reason
    why I can't access my downloads list (Ctrl + J) in IE and why choosing to open my downloads folder in Microsoft Edge crashes the app.

Please help!!!

Thank you!!!

mario62746, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Tom T NH Win User
    Windows clears 'Temporary Internet Files' location setting at each bootup.

Hi.

I wasn't sure which community topic to submit this under because it actually crossed over a few of them. Although my problem manifests itself in Outlook, I believe this may be more of a general Windows related issue.

A number of weeks ago, I noticed that my Outlook 365 was suddenly no longer downloading images. After reading many threads (and trying many solutions to remedy the situation), I've finally narrowed the problem down to being related to my Temporary Internet
    Files location, or so it seems. Simply, each time I start Windows, if I open up >>> Control Panel / Internet Options / General / (Browsing history) Settings <<< , I see that the Temporary Internet Files "Current location" entry is blank, and "disk space
    to use" is set to zero. I then click "Move folder...", select the location (c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache), set the disk space, and then allow the system to log off. Upon logging back in, everything is fine for the entire
    session .... Outlook once again downloads images. However, after I've shut down my computer, the next time I start Windows, the Temporary Internet Files Location setting is once again blanked-out, the disk space is set back to zero, and I must repeat the
    process.

Here are some of the things I've already tried:

• I've tried setting the folder location to places other than INetCache (including other drives). The behavior is the same regardless of the location I set. It works for the current session, but is cleared out after reboot.
    • I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling IE 11 (via the Windows Features section in the Control Panel). No difference.
    • Before resetting the location, I've checked the 'Cache' entry in following two registry keys ... both seem to be populated correctly:
      • HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders.
    • I've run SFC / Scannow (No problems reported).
    • I've run both Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware scans. No infections reported.

A couple of other things that may be of interest:

• Whenever the Temporary Internet Files Location setting is blank, I'm also unable to navigate anywhere using IE 11. I can launch it, but it immediately locks up. (I assume that's because there's no temp file location specified.) That's not an issue for
      me because I no longer use IE 11 as my primary browser, but I thought I'd mention it.
    • Occasionally, I'm able to restart Windows without losing the setting, but that behavior is not consistent. Most of the time, the setting is blanked out.
    • Prior to discovering the relationship between the temp file location and the Outlook image problem, I had also tried a number of other recommended solutions, such as unchecking the "Don't download pictures automatically ...." setting in the Outlook Trust
      Center, and unchecking "Do not save encrypted files to disk" (in Internet Options Security). Neither made any difference.

Any help in determining why my Temporary Internet Files location setting keeps getting blanked out would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - All available updates applied.

Tom T NH, Nov 8, 2018
  4. 42gration Win User

How to view temporary internet files in Windows 10

Follow the steps below for locating temporary files:

- Open either Microsoft Internet Explorer or the Windows Control Panel.

- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu and choose the Internet Options.

- In the Temporary Internet Files section of the Internet Properties window, click the "Settings..." button. A new "Settings" window appears.

- In the "Settings" window, click the "View Files." This will launch a list of all websites you’ve visited, also known as your Temporary Internet Files or Browser Cache.

42gration, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot... - Similar Threads - Temporary Internet files

2. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  3. temporary internet files will not clear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary internet files will not clear: I tried to clear the temporary internet files via the disk cleanup, but cannot get it to say 0 bytes. I went to the folder and deleted the file. I even deleted the folder but issue still persist. How can I fix not able to clearing the temporary internet files?...
  4. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Internet Files: Disk cleanup says that I have currently 104MB of diskspace used by Temporary Internet Files when I 1st noticed it some Win 10 versions ago files took 64.5MB and even running Disk Cleanup it still says that 104MB is used by TIFs, ccleaner doesn't clear it either and View Files...
  5. Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default

Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default: I have been getting error messages on my newly installed Win10 64 bit machine regarding the location of temporary files, on one of my logins. If I go to Internet Options -> General -> Browsing history -> Settings, the location of temporary internet files is reported as:...
  6. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Internet Files: I routinely do a 'Disk Clean Up' for my C: This time, I see that the Temporary Internet Files is at 16.4 GB disk space. If I click on view files, the Temporary Internet Files folder is empty. But in the Disk Cleanup utility, the space has increased from 15.7 GB to 16.4 GB in...
  7. Can't locate Temporary files

Can't locate Temporary files: Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show. Kindly help me on this matter. Regards, John Rodrigues...
  8. windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender health report and temporary internet files location: so as the title says, i got this message, now before i do the recommended action, which is resetting the location, i would like to know how it changed, by which program, and where it was and where is it now (the location of temp files). and what is the difference when...
  9. Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0: Since upgrading to windows 10 from 7 a few months ago I have been unable to use edge or cortana. Edge will sometimes load a website but VERY slowly - about 10 mins. Chrome works fine. All other aspects of the upgrade work fine. The only strange thing I have noticed is that...
  10. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temp. internet files

2. temporary internet files current location is blank

3. temporary files is blank

4. ie11 temporary internet files location is empty,
  5. Server 2019 temporary internet files blank,
  6. temporary internet files current locatoin blank