Windows 10: Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to...

Discus and support Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have not noticed any problems with any apps but I noticed the yellow caution icon and thereby investigated further. I ran the Troubleshooter and a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Frost King, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to...

I have not noticed any problems with any apps but I noticed the yellow caution icon and thereby investigated further. I ran the Troubleshooter and a message states that the "Temporary Internet files location has changed".

I have two questions:

- What would cause this to occur?

- Should I reset to the default location or is that not necessary?

Thank you for your time.

:)

Frost King, Apr 11, 2019
  2. 42gration Win User

How to view temporary internet files in Windows 10

Follow the steps below for locating temporary files:

- Open either Microsoft Internet Explorer or the Windows Control Panel.

- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu and choose the Internet Options.

- In the Temporary Internet Files section of the Internet Properties window, click the "Settings..." button. A new "Settings" window appears.

- In the "Settings" window, click the "View Files." This will launch a list of all websites you’ve visited, also known as your Temporary Internet Files or Browser Cache.

42gration, Apr 11, 2019
  3. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Apr 11, 2019
  4. NShafkat Win User

Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to...

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to...

1. Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to... - Similar Threads - Temporary Internet files

2. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Internet Files: Disk cleanup says that I have currently 104MB of diskspace used by Temporary Internet Files when I 1st noticed it some Win 10 versions ago files took 64.5MB and even running Disk Cleanup it still says that 104MB is used by TIFs, ccleaner doesn't clear it either and View Files...
  3. Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default

Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default: I have been getting error messages on my newly installed Win10 64 bit machine regarding the location of temporary files, on one of my logins. If I go to Internet Options -> General -> Browsing history -> Settings, the location of temporary internet files is reported as:...
  4. Temporary Internet files location had changed, which I then reseted, and then my laptop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Internet files location had changed, which I then reseted, and then my laptop...: I hadn't noticed any changes but then I noticed the yellow caution icon at the bottom right. Then Device Performance and Health prompted me to run the troubleshooter as it displayed the message 'Some apps stopped working'. After running the troubleshooter, the result was...
  5. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Internet Files: I routinely do a 'Disk Clean Up' for my C: This time, I see that the Temporary Internet Files is at 16.4 GB disk space. If I click on view files, the Temporary Internet Files folder is empty. But in the Disk Cleanup utility, the space has increased from 15.7 GB to 16.4 GB in...
  6. Can't locate Temporary files

Can't locate Temporary files: Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show. Kindly help me on this matter. Regards, John Rodrigues...
  7. Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...

Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...: Every time my PC boots, my Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK and disk space to use is 0... which causes all kinds of issues... so what I do, is log off, and log right back on and bingo... all good here is picture just after a reboot [ATTACH] and after...
  8. windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender health report and temporary internet files location: so as the title says, i got this message, now before i do the recommended action, which is resetting the location, i would like to know how it changed, by which program, and where it was and where is it now (the location of temp files). and what is the difference when...
  9. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384
  10. Temporary internet files has padlock, can not delate

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary internet files has padlock, can not delate: Hi all I have spent hours trying to solve this problem, when doing a disc clean up my temporary internet files stay at 648kb with padlock...and temporary files 3.09kb . I noticed this about a week ago, i have had this Dell desktop for about five years and Mcfee two years, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temporary internet files location has changed

2. temporary internet files location

3. temporary internet files default location changed

4. temporary internet files,
  5. my Temporary Internet Files location has changed,
  6. change the temporary internet files location windows 10,
  7. reset temporary internet file location,
  8. temporary internet files location has changed windows 10,
  9. reset temporary internet folder,
  10. temporary internet files has changed,
  11. trouble shooter says temporary files relocated should I go back to default?,
  12. windows temporary internet files location,
  13. location temporary internet files windows 10,
  14. windows 10 temporary internet files location,
  15. location where temporary internet files are stored has changed