Windows 10: Temporary Profile - Windows 10 BUG

Discus and support Temporary Profile - Windows 10 BUG in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Commuity Developers and Users today i was performing a maintenance on a Notebook Dell when i find a curious BUG about ''Temporary Profile''... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dev HijaZi, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Temporary Profile - Windows 10 BUG

Hello, Commuity Developers and Users today i was performing a maintenance on a Notebook Dell when i find a curious BUG about ''Temporary Profile'' basically the system starting in a temp account everytime after restart or shutdown.

So... after 1 hour searching and try solve this problem i find how to fix that.

Let's go to tutorial.

• Step 1: Press Win + R and write ''Regedit''
    • Step 2: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/Windows NT/Current Version/Profile List
    • Step 3: Look inside the folders for ''ProfileImagePath'' and see which directory path goes to your profile for example C:/Users/YourAccount
    • Step 4: After that use Win + I for windows configuration and go toAccounts > Family and other people
    • Step 5:Click on ''Add other people to this Computer'' and create a new account thereOBS you can create a microsoft account or log in with a unlinked account i recommended creating an offline account.

Don't forget to give this new account the priority''ADMINSTRATOR''

After all this press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and change the Account for a New one, when the new account login is done, go to''My Computer > Disk C > Users ''and make sure the new account and Public folder are there!!.​

If everything is correct and the 2 folders are there, Delete the folders with TEMP in your name use SHIFT + DEL to permanently delete.​

Take and save the old user folder, because if your have saved any files inside it everything will be lost!!.

Finally go back to REGEDIT/Profile List and delete folders with ending ''.BAK'' and all other where ProfileImagePath is not the current new account directory!!​

Hope this help!.​

Kind Regards : Dev HijaZi​

:)

Dev HijaZi, Feb 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 21, 2020
  3. dgootee Win User
    Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Temporary Profile - Windows 10 BUG

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I came home today and had to log in to my desktop. When I did it said it was preparing Windows and I was taken to the temporary profile. I followed the tutorial to delete the profile folder path (step 9). At some point in the process, I confirmed that I could see my old files in C: \Users\BriggsDesktop. When I restarted, it went through the "We're glad you're here" screens. However it took me back to the desktop that looks just like the temporary profile one. I can no longer find all of my files. I tried doing a restore, but it did not complete successfully. Suggestions?

Justinbriggs, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Temporary Profile - Windows 10 BUG

1. Temporary Profile - Windows 10 BUG - Similar Threads - Temporary Profile BUG

2. Windows 11 Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Temporary Profile: a user is on windows 11, locks her machine to walk away and when she unlocks it to enter her password it creates a temp profile, there are about 150 temp profiles on here now, the temp solution has been to choose other user which requires her to enter the user name and...
  3. Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.: I have accidentally deleted ntuser.dat file today. After this incident my laptop is running strangely. At first it said "temporary profile error" which I tried to solve from "regedit" also tried to use local administrator by signing out of my account but didn't succeed. My...
  4. Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.: I have accidentally deleted ntuser.dat file today. After this incident my laptop is running strangely. At first it said "temporary profile error" which I tried to solve from "regedit" also tried to use local administrator by signing out of my account but didn't succeed. My...
  5. Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Temporary Windows Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary Windows Profile: When I started my Acer laptop (Windows 10 64bit) yesterday it said there was an issue and I should log in again. I logged in to find I had a new profile which I have subsequently realised is a temporary one. This means I have no admin rights and cannot save anything. I can...
  7. Temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  8. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  9. Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile: Windows 10 has decided to sign me in with a temporary profile. I can't get out of this by doing a shut down, starting up and signing in with username, PW or pin or biometrics. How do I get my real profile back?...
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...