Windows 10: temporary profile

Discus and support temporary profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by collieman, Dec 15, 2017.

1. collieman Win User

temporary profile

I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted several times with no problems. The next day when I booted up it goes to a temporary account. Can't access anything. Restarting like it says to do doesn't help. Got online with my old trusty XP laptop to find an answer. There were quite a few but none work. The only solution is to reinstall the OS. Then it happens again and again and again etc. I tried making a backup of my OS with Macrium Reflect after I get the OS installed and running good. Then when I get the temp account, I use my backup image to restore the OS, but it still boots to the temp account. Tried altering the registry using command prompt (admin) to change users and a few other solutions but no go. I give up. I've been trying to find an answer for the past two months. I have to reinstall the OS every time I want to use the computer with win 10. Why does the computer with a new OS installed boot to a temporary account AFTER a shutdown? Rebooting with the new OS is not a problem, it's after a complete shutdown that the problem exists. Thanks guys for any help.

:)

collieman, Dec 15, 2017

2. Temporary Profile

Original Title : janetannh

I'm now using windows 10 upgraded from windows 7. I am being signed in on a temporary profile and cannot access my files of programs. Why is this happening and what can I do about it please.

JanetHamnett, Dec 15, 2017
  3. AislinC Win User
    Temporary Profile

Same here. I've tried all of these solutions step by step, but nothing worked for me. Ever since I first rebooted my computer two days ago, I can only sign in with a temporary profile no matter what I do. I run both scans, I even talked to someone from Microsoft
    Online Desk Support, but the problem is still an issue.

Please help, I can't use my computer like this - I need to access my files and programs!

AislinC, Dec 15, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

temporary profile

Turn off Fast Startup in the power options, it uses a hybrid form of hibernation that affects cold boots but has no effects on restarts. *Nerd
    Look in accounts, do you have a Microsoft account that needs to be verified?

dmholt57, Dec 15, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Dec 15, 2017
  6. collieman Win User
    I've seen that tutorial and have done that but it won't work. But how does the user account get corrupted after a fresh install of the OS. Shutting down with NOTHING installed. The starting back up again? I can see that software or driver updates might cause the problem but I don't install anything. I just shutdown and restart and there it is the temp account. I will try turning off Fast Startup. I'll get back to ya. Thanks for your thoughts on my problem.

collieman, Dec 16, 2017
  7. collieman Win User
    That was it!! Turned off fast startup and now win 10 doesn't boot to the temp profile account. I should have known that. Thank you so much for your solution.

collieman, Dec 16, 2017
  8. dmholt57 Win User

temporary profile

You are welcome, hopefully M$ gets some of this straightened out soon... *Cool

dmholt57, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

temporary profile

1. temporary profile - Similar Threads - temporary profile

2. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  3. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  4. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  5. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  6. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load: Hello,We are running Windows 11 22H2 on our Azure-joined laptops in our environment. We are having an issue where user profiles are not loading correctly and going into a backup state. It then tries to load a temporary user profile but that also fails to load. The user just...
  8. Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load

Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load: Hello,We are running Windows 11 22H2 on our Azure-joined laptops in our environment. We are having an issue where user profiles are not loading correctly and going into a backup state. It then tries to load a temporary user profile but that also fails to load. The user just...
  9. Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile: Ok i dont know what the heck happended to my pc it was normally running windows 10 but all of a sudden chdsk ran while booting up and I get a temporary user message saying we cant sign you into this pc weve signed you in with a temporary account i am angry it deleted all of...
  10. Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile

Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile: Ok i dont know what the heck happended to my pc it was normally running windows 10 but all of a sudden chdsk ran while booting up and I get a temporary user message saying we cant sign you into this pc weve signed you in with a temporary account i am angry it deleted all of...