Windows 10: temporary user created

Discus and support temporary user created in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Latest upgrade created a temporary user so now it appears all my files have disappeared. I signed on as I usually do. How do I figure this out. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaranH, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MaranH Win User

temporary user created

Latest upgrade created a temporary user so now it appears all my files have disappeared. I signed on as I usually do. How do I figure this out. I'm under a deadline and am anxious to get back to work! Thanks.

:)

MaranH, Nov 3, 2019

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 3, 2019
  3. User Lost. Temporary profile Win10

Hi Antonio,

I realize that the Temporary profile is gone from Windows 10 pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Did you create that Temporary user profile?

• Was that Temporary profile a standard account or the Microsoft account?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 3, 2019
  4. temporary user created

Creating Windows 10 Temporary User

Hi Burak,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Have you logged in to a Microsoft account?
    I would like to inform you that the command which you entered is to
    enable the built-in administrator account.

So, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article on how to
    create a local user account
    from the link given below and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

For additional information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

temporary user created

1. temporary user created - Similar Threads - temporary user created

2. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  3. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  4. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary user profile: How do I change a temporary profile to a permanent one so that I don't lose settings and data every time I close down? I tried A. User's instruction but I got stuck at the net user administrator /active:yes command. This started when I tried to block certain websites by...
  6. Signing me in as a temporary user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Signing me in as a temporary user: Windows keeps signing me on as a temporary user even though I am the administrator thus returning to default settings every time the computer restarts. How can I fix this?...
  7. my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in: hey, for some reason, every time I log into my user in my PC, a new temporary user is created. i cant think of anything that triggered it. [ATTACH] so my questions are: 1) does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? [yes, i tried restarting] 2) is there a...
  8. How to stop Windows creating a temporary User.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop Windows creating a temporary User.: I've been messing with netplwiz and now Windows 10 creates a temporary User for 1 of my 3 User Names I have 3 User Names: INTU1; INTU2 and EDUCATION. What I mean, is that when I select INTU2, a new, temporary set of files is made in the Users folder on C drive, so I...
  9. Modify the temporary user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify the temporary user profile: Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account. I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so...
  10. Logging back in as temporary user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging back in as temporary user: I understand others have had problems logging in as a temporary user when updating to windows 10 and a reboot or update sorts this out. But does anyone know how I can log back in as that temporary user again?? I moved some documents and pictures (in the folder...