Windows 10: Temporary User Profile Made me delete files

Discus and support Temporary User Profile Made me delete files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently booted my PC after the battery went down. Everything was normal until i reached my dekstop where I realised it had been cleaned. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M13Groendaels, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Temporary User Profile Made me delete files

Hi,

I recently booted my PC after the battery went down. Everything was normal until i reached my dekstop where I realised it had been cleaned. All my folders had disappeared. I did not know at the time that Windows logged me up in a temporary profile (without telling me anything). I searched through my files and ended up finding my User Profile back, i moved my old documents, downloads and pictures folders to the new Profile (I did not copied them unfortunately) to have an easier access to them while working on fixing my User problem.

After moving them I restarted the PC, which this time started with the normal profile. I realised the temporary profile had been deleted with my old folders in it without my consent. I then tried to do a recuperation of these folders but only got a small part of it.

I'm now trying to know if there is a way to get my folders that I have not deleted myself, but have been deleted anyway, back.

Thanks,

Martin

:)

M13Groendaels, Nov 26, 2018

2. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I came home today and had to log in to my desktop. When I did it said it was preparing Windows and I was taken to the temporary profile. I followed the tutorial to delete the profile folder path (step 9). At some point in the process, I confirmed that I could see my old files in C: \Users\BriggsDesktop. When I restarted, it went through the "We're glad you're here" screens. However it took me back to the desktop that looks just like the temporary profile one. I can no longer find all of my files. I tried doing a restore, but it did not complete successfully. Suggestions?

Justinbriggs, Nov 26, 2018
  3. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Temporary User Profile Made me delete files

PC switched me to a temporary user profile

Thanks for the welcome! I am able to get to the corrupted file, but when following through with the steps to delete or rename the file, the error message occurs. The only thing I haven't tried doing is a system restore. I really don't want to do that because it will delete a lot of apps and security that I spent hours downloading into my pc.

buonafortuna, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Temporary User Profile Made me delete files

1. Temporary User Profile Made me delete files - Similar Threads - Temporary User Profile

2. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover deleted Temporary profile.: Hey.I need help if someone is willing to help me. Yesterday my laptop opened up a temporary profile. And because I dont know alot about tech, I mistakenly moved my work into a temporary profile because I just thought I had a system reset. Today, it has gone back to its usual...
  3. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover deleted Temporary profile.: Hey.I need help if someone is willing to help me. Yesterday my laptop opened up a temporary profile. And because I dont know alot about tech, I mistakenly moved my work into a temporary profile because I just thought I had a system reset. Today, it has gone back to its usual...
  4. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary user profile: How do I change a temporary profile to a permanent one so that I don't lose settings and data every time I close down? I tried A. User's instruction but I got stuck at the net user administrator /active:yes command. This started when I tried to block certain websites by...
  6. KB5003173 made me go into a Temporary User Profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003173 made me go into a Temporary User Profile: So I've updated windows 10 to KB5003173 yesterday and uninstalled the update yesterday after I learned that I got sent into a temporary user profile and I can't get back in!...
  7. Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile: Windows technical advisor recovered my documents and files. All on my desktop. I had lost access to them as i was logged into a temporary user profile. Anyways i have take computer to a shop, the guy checked whole hard drive, nothing is there. He thinks the advisor cut all...
  8. file deletion/temporary user/sfc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file deletion/temporary user/sfc: I've been having a problem with windows 10 deleting my downloads, programs and saved files after updates and occasionally after restarts so I went looking and found this post:...
  9. Modify the temporary user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify the temporary user profile: Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account. I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so...
  10. PC switched me to a temporary user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC switched me to a temporary user profile: I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and everything has been fine up to now. However, last night when I turned on my pc, everything froze completely and I had to manually power off. After I started the pc back up, I was switched over to a temporary user profile. I have no...