Windows 10: Temporary Windows Profile

Discus and support Temporary Windows Profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I started my Acer laptop (Windows 10 64bit) yesterday it said there was an issue and I should log in again. I logged in to find I had a new... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fullcircle, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Temporary Windows Profile

When I started my Acer laptop (Windows 10 64bit) yesterday it said there was an issue and I should log in again. I logged in to find I had a new profile which I have subsequently realised is a temporary one. This means I have no admin rights and cannot save anything.

I can see in C drive, that my original profile data is still there but I cannot get the computer to log in to it. Each time I restart, it logs into the temporary profile.

I tried copying the files from my main profile into the temporary one but that doesn't do anything and I have looked on line for advice but am confused as many solutions seem to involve working with the registry which I am loath to do.

I seem to remember hearing that if I create another new profile and transfer files to that, then delete the temporary one, this solves the issue but I am a bit worried I might make a mess of it. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to get my files and settings back and also restore my admin rights?

Thanks for any advice

Ian

:)

Fullcircle, Apr 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I came home today and had to log in to my desktop. When I did it said it was preparing Windows and I was taken to the temporary profile. I followed the tutorial to delete the profile folder path (step 9). At some point in the process, I confirmed that I could see my old files in C: \Users\BriggsDesktop. When I restarted, it went through the "We're glad you're here" screens. However it took me back to the desktop that looks just like the temporary profile one. I can no longer find all of my files. I tried doing a restore, but it did not complete successfully. Suggestions?

Justinbriggs, Apr 19, 2021
  4. dgootee Win User

Temporary Windows Profile

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Temporary Windows Profile

1. Temporary Windows Profile - Similar Threads - Temporary Profile

2. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  3. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  4. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  5. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

Login into Windows Temporary profile.: Dear Forum, When I login to my laptop it is going to windows temporary profile. I am unable to follow the steps as mentioned in the below link as SETTINGS and Windows button were not opening. I even tried Windows + L or Windows + F but no result. Please assist how to resolve...
  6. Login into Windows Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load: Hello,We are running Windows 11 22H2 on our Azure-joined laptops in our environment. We are having an issue where user profiles are not loading correctly and going into a backup state. It then tries to load a temporary user profile but that also fails to load. The user just...
  8. Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load

Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load: Hello,We are running Windows 11 22H2 on our Azure-joined laptops in our environment. We are having an issue where user profiles are not loading correctly and going into a backup state. It then tries to load a temporary user profile but that also fails to load. The user just...
  9. Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile: Ok i dont know what the heck happended to my pc it was normally running windows 10 but all of a sudden chdsk ran while booting up and I get a temporary user message saying we cant sign you into this pc weve signed you in with a temporary account i am angry it deleted all of...
  10. Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile

Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile: Ok i dont know what the heck happended to my pc it was normally running windows 10 but all of a sudden chdsk ran while booting up and I get a temporary user message saying we cant sign you into this pc weve signed you in with a temporary account i am angry it deleted all of...