Windows 10: Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

Discus and support Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erez, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Erez Win User

Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe, Tenebrae_launch.exe and a folder called "tenebrae".

Next to "tenebrae" folder, I created "id1" folder and then I put both pak0.pak and pak1.pak of vanilla quake inside the "id1" folder and then I ran tenebrae.exe directly through Windows File Explorer first time as normal user (not administrator) and second time as administrator.

In both times a black window appeared.

I remember that I saw the word "tenebrae" written on the title/caption bar of the window, but few seconds after launch the window disappeared.

Also I did not see tenebrae in the task bar too.

Then I ran tenebrae.exe directly again with Windows File Explorer but now in all compatibility modes starting from Windows 8.1 to Windows 95, but the result is the same (saw a black tenebrae window for a few seconds and then disappeared).

I also used the Tenebrae_launch.exe again without and with all possible compatibility modes without and with "Run as administrator", but in all runs, Tenebrae_launch.exe shows me a window with graphical user interface that allows me to configure tenebrae.

I used it to configure tenebrae to the settings that I wanted to and then clicked the button to start tenebrae and again I saw a black tenebrae window for a few seconds and then that window disappeared.

Then tried all other possible configurations but to no avail!

I don't succeed to run tenebrae properly on my system and my machine and I don't know why tenebrae is not just playing!

Please help me!

I surfaced some websites in the internet and saw a few amazing screenshots of tenebrae.

From all the screenshots that I saw I have gotten the impression that tenebrae is even more nicer than both darkplaces and FTE QuakeWorld!

I read that tenebrae is based on the new Doom engine graphics.

:)

Erez, Nov 5, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Artas1984 Win User
    Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

windows 10 photo app crashes after approx 10 seconds

Hi Dave,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Do you receive any error message before crashing?

I suggest you to try the steps below if you have not yet tried.

I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.

• In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    If the Photos app is the only one crashing, it could be a problem with the Photos app database. To reset the database, perform the following:

1. Press windows button + R

2. Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

3. Delete all the contents of that folder.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

1. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started - Similar Threads - Tenebrae crashes few

2. Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds: Iv tried everything I have tried:Turning my anti virus offDeleting temp fileClicking the Repair and Reset buttonUninstalling and ReinstallingI tried services.mscWSreset.exe and lastly Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds: Iv tried everything I have tried:Turning my anti virus offDeleting temp fileClicking the Repair and Reset buttonUninstalling and ReinstallingI tried services.mscWSreset.exe and lastly Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.: After trying to open roblox it just stays at the "ROBLOX" screen for a few second then closes itself. On processes I saw windows problem reporting with the Roblox process. There were no error codes until I opened file location and tried running the Windows10Universal and it...
  6. Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.

Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.: After trying to open roblox it just stays at the "ROBLOX" screen for a few second then closes itself. On processes I saw windows problem reporting with the Roblox process. There were no error codes until I opened file location and tried running the Windows10Universal and it...
  7. PC crashed for a few seconds and then rebooted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed for a few seconds and then rebooted: Specs:MSI Z690 PRO A WIFIINTEL i7 12700KNVIDIA RTX 3080 12GBLIAN LI 360 GALAHAD AIOT-FORCE 32GB RAM 3200MHZKINGSTON KC2500 2TBEvent viewer states this "A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event."...
  8. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  9. File explorer crash after few seconds

File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  10. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...