Windows 10: Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

Discus and support Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erez, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Erez Win User

Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe, Tenebrae_launch.exe and a folder called "tenebrae".

Next to "tenebrae" folder, I created "id1" folder and then I put both pak0.pak and pak1.pak of vanilla quake inside the "id1" folder and then I ran tenebrae.exe directly through Windows File Explorer first time as normal user (not administrator) and second time as administrator.

In both times a black window appeared.

I remember that I saw the word "tenebrae" written on the title/caption bar of the window, but few seconds after launch the window disappeared.

Also I did not see tenebrae in the task bar too.

Then I ran tenebrae.exe directly again with Windows File Explorer but now in all compatibility modes starting from Windows 8.1 to Windows 95, but the result is the same (saw a black tenebrae window for a few seconds and then disappeared).

I also used the Tenebrae_launch.exe again without and with all possible compatibility modes without and with "Run as administrator", but in all runs, Tenebrae_launch.exe shows me a window with graphical user interface that allows me to configure tenebrae.

I used it to configure tenebrae to the settings that I wanted to and then clicked the button to start tenebrae and again I saw a black tenebrae window for a few seconds and then that window disappeared.

Then tried all other possible configurations but to no avail!

I don't succeed to run tenebrae properly on my system and my machine and I don't know why tenebrae is not just playing!

Please help me!

I surfaced some websites in the internet and saw a few amazing screenshots of tenebrae.

From all the screenshots that I saw I have gotten the impression that tenebrae is even more nicer than both darkplaces and FTE QuakeWorld!

I read that tenebrae is based on the new Doom engine graphics.

:)

Erez, Nov 5, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Artas1984 Win User
    Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

windows 10 photo app crashes after approx 10 seconds

Hi Dave,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Do you receive any error message before crashing?

I suggest you to try the steps below if you have not yet tried.

I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.

• In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    If the Photos app is the only one crashing, it could be a problem with the Photos app database. To reset the database, perform the following:

1. Press windows button + R

2. Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

3. Delete all the contents of that folder.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

1. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started - Similar Threads - Tenebrae crashes few

2. Display automatically turns warm after a few seconds on starting laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display automatically turns warm after a few seconds on starting laptop: I bought a new Asus Vivobook 15, with windows 10. Everytime i start the laptop, the display turns warm automatically after a few seconds. It is fully updated. I had switched on night light once but have now switched it off and the problem persists....
  3. Can't click on anything a few seconds after starting computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on anything a few seconds after starting computer.: When I turn on my computer at first everything works fine, then it plays the sound when you plug in a usb drive and then I can't click on anything. The mouse still moves like normal, and the keyboard isn't affected. I can sign out and sign back in for it to let me click...
  4. Mail and Calendar icon is blank, and the app crashes a few seconds after running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar icon is blank, and the app crashes a few seconds after running.: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home 64-bit, in a Dell Inspiron, with Kaspersky Total Security antivirus. A few days ago, the Mail and Calendar app icons became blank, and now the applet crashes a few seconds after running it. I have tried uninstalling the antivirus, resetting...
  5. Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened

Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened: Title says it all, I just wanted to try paint3d, sketch book and mixed reality and they all seem to crash after few seconds. Even the Microsoft Store crashes like this sometimes 112042
  6. Edge showing blank space and address bars, crash after few seconds

in Browsers and Email
    Edge showing blank space and address bars, crash after few seconds: Hi, I've got this weird problem with my Edge browser which is driving me crazy. So in the place where websites are supposed to show up I see nothing rather than a flat blank space while address bar and toolbar are visible and clickable. No matter what I do the browser...
  7. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening: Greetings, I'm somewhat attached to the old Windows Photo Viewer and prefer to keep using it on Win 10. Nevertheless, just today it started freezing after a few seconds. So I manage to view image 1, then "next" image 2, and then it won't move. If I just open the first...
  8. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...
  9. Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start

Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start: Over the past few weeks I've noticed that when I launch programs (no matter what it is) it takes about 5 seconds to appear. For example, I use VLC media player for videos; music; etc. If I launch it (whether just the program or directly via a file) it won't appear for a few...
  10. Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters: I just recently got a desktop from CyberPowerPC, gua2400bst model, and I noticed that whenever I go to use the start menu, it will open normally and I can still click on settings or tiles, but when I go to type to search, it will let me type for about 1 second, no matter how...