Windows 10: TenForums Live Webcast - How to join

Discus and support TenForums Live Webcast - How to join in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: TenForums Live Webcast - How to join [info]Microsoft is slowly deprecating Skype for Business, the application we used earlier for TenForums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by rbmisc, Jul 23, 2016.

1. rbmisc Win User

TenForums Live Webcast - How to join

How to: TenForums Live Webcast - How to join

[info]Microsoft is slowly deprecating Skype for Business, the application we used earlier for TenForums Live online meetings. It will be replaced with Microsoft Teams.

This tutorial will show how you can join TenForums Live team using Microsoft Teams web app or free desktop app to participate in our online meetings and webcasts, or to just chat with your fellow Ten Forums members.

Please notice that you will remain totally anonymous, to join we will grant you temporary L: [email protected] credentials which reveal nothing about your true identity.

When signing in first time, you will need a minute or two to set up your account, but this will only be a one time "waste of time" *Wink

If you want to, you can download the free Microsoft Teams app. However, this is not necessary. All features are also available in web app (Edge and Chrome only).

TenForums Live Webcast - How to join [​IMG]
    Note Please notice that all future Ten Forums Live Webcasts can also be joined without joining our TF Live team, even if you are a not registered here as a forums member. Guest users will have full access to shared content, audio and video but can't participate in IM chat. Link to each TF Live Webcast will be posted on forums usually half an hour before start,

For full features, joining the TF Live team is necessary.

Part 1: Get team credentials
    1.1) To join the TenForums Live team, post in this tutorial thread "I want to get TF Live team credentials, please". You can also PM me to request credentials. I will then PM you your L: [email protected] credentials with a temporary password. Please notice that it might take up to 48 hours before you will get the PM.

The YourSelectedUsername part in credentials will be replaced with your Ten Forums username.
    Part 2: First time sign-in (Teams app)
    2.1) In Teams app, sign out from your current Teams account, and sign in using your new L: [email protected] credentials.

2.2) You will be asked to change your password, the temporary password you got in PM is only valid for first sign-in and must be changed:

2.3) Microsoft Teams has quite tight security settings. This might cause that your first sign-in does not work, and you will be shown an error. If this happens, just sign out from link shown in screenshot, and sign in again using the new password you set in step 2.2:

2.4) You will be asked to add and verify security information. Click Next:

You can now choose if you want to add security recovery phone number and email address, or remain completely anonymous:

Note The “Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC” — in short, the General Data Protection Regulation of European Union, short GDPR, says that you as a user should know what data about you is collected, how it is stored, and how it is used.

The fact is, if you choose to add security information here, the phone number and email address you enter can and will be seen by TenForums Live team admins. However, there's no need for you to add this information. In case you need to reset password or want your account deleted, we need no personal information from you. All we need is your chosen forums username. We can simply delete your anonymous TF Live account, and create a new one.

Warning We strongly recommend not to add any security phone numbers or email addresses shown in previous screenshot. This data is not needed for you to join TenForums Live webcasts, nor can your anonymous L: [email protected] account be misused.

To help us to comply with GDPR, please select Cancel when security information is asked. Do not add any phone number or email addresses.
    2.5) OK, security set up, you are almost done. Enter the name you prefer and upload an avatar (not required), and you are ready to go:

2.6) Start by checking the team Wiki, it will be constantly updated showing tips and tricks in using Teams:

2.7) In General channel, sign in to Ten Forums to be able to browse forums in Teams:

2.8) A Team in Microsoft Teams can have multiple channels. For each TenForums Live Webcast, we will create a new channel. Outside our scheduled webcasts, please use the Off topic channel to chat / talk with your fellow members:

2.9) When you want to, you can also switch to TF on Twitter and Insider on Twitter channels to see their respective live Twitter feed:

Part 3: First time sign-in (web app in Edge or Chrome browser)
    3.1) Using Edge or Chrome browser, go to Office Portal, and sign in using the TenForums Live team credentials you got in a PM.

3.2) Go through steps 2.2 to 2.4 as told above in Part 2.

3.3) When signed in to Office Portal, select Teams web app:

3.4) Go through steps 2.5 to 2.9 as told above in Part 2.

That's it! Welcome to Ten Forums Live *Smile

Kari

:)

rbmisc, Jul 23, 2016
  2. Kari Win User

OK, the TenForums Live team is now GDPR compliant. See tutorial step 2.4 for more information.

Regarding GDPR, fellow TenForums Live team member asked about why not use Skype instead of Microsoft Teams for our live webcasts and meetings:

European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) must be taken seriously. Using Skype for these meetings, we would need at least member's Skype account email. By using Teams, everything remains totally anonymous, GDPR compliant. Any TenForums member or guest can join webcasts and meetings as guest simply by clicking the link to meeting and selecting any temporary username:

Anonymous guests can only use browser to join meetings. They can see and hear everything in meetings, but might not be able to use webcam and participate in chat.

Those members who want full Teams features need to sign up for Teams Free and download the app. When done, post in this thread telling that you want an anonymous L: [email protected] account, and what username you want to use. For this account, no personal data is required, your identity is safe and not revealed even to team admins. I will then PM the temporary, anonymous credentials to you.

Short: Using Microsoft Teams for TenForums Live allows us to remain GDPR compliant, protecting your identity and personal data.

Another concern posted this weekend on TenForums live team:

The thing is, signing up to Teams Free, you need to create so called organization. This can of course be any imaginary organization ("company") you'd prefer:

Teams app has a minor bug that resets for instance the theme to default when you sign out from your own organization and sign in to another, like TenForums Live. Only way around this is to use same MS account email for both organizations. When sign in credentials to all organizations you have joined are the same, all settings will be preserved when switching teams.

This brings us back to GDPR.

In case you want to use your original Teams Free MS account also to sign in to TenForums Live team, please PM me. After receiving your PM, GDPR requires I ask you to confirm it. When confirmed, we will change your TenForums Live credentials to use your email.

When doing this, you must accept the fact that your real email will then be shown to all other team members.

3. cereberus Win User

I was only kidding

So what is 'please' in Danish. I always added 'tak' as it is hardwired into my brain as a Brit to use the P word!

cereberus, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

5. XTL
    xTL Win User

Thank you Kari TenForums Live Webcast - How to join :)

Haha ur funny ^^ the magic word of P does exist in both denmark and Sweden, it's just not used in Denmark!
    Swedish people use this word on a regular basis.

I just did exactly as the tutorial told me !
    Just didn't use the quotations marks

6. Kari Win User
    Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018

@pigpenz, @Ita1, @storageman

I will create TF Live team credentials to you three within half an hour and PM them to you. If joining Part 2 in one hour, please use these credentials instead.

Instructions: TenForums Live Webcast - How to join | Tutorials

Thema:

1. TenForums Live Webcast - How to join - Similar Threads - TenForums Live Webcast

2. Welcome to TenForums

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to TenForums: Hello to allGiorgio from Italy, self-taught enthusiast for all the new technologies and innovations, for my work I use computers since 1982 with my first PC Digital 300 professional complete with Lotus 123 software withdrawn from the United States. Used various operating...
  3. How to access tenforums on android?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to access tenforums on android?: I could not find the app on play store. 123697
  4. TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial September 1st, 2018

in Windows 10 Support
    TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial September 1st, 2018: Welcome to Ten Forums Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial on September 1st, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial on September 1st, 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF...
  5. VMWARE webcast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWARE webcast: https://vts.inxpo.com/scripts/Server...=1422009193203 3642
  6. TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016

in Windows 10 Support
    TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat Come and meet your fellow Ten Forums members, Windows Insiders and enthusiasts: next TF Saturday Live Chat will be on Saturday 3rd of September 2016. [img] Information TF Saturday Live Chat will be held in three parts to allow as...
  7. Crash and Burn - my very short-lived membership of Tenforums!

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash and Burn - my very short-lived membership of Tenforums!: My three or four year old Laptop has been running Win8.1 (plus Classic Shell) for ages. It has been a wee bit slow but otherwise fine. My desktop is on Win 7 and will remain so! Probably against my better judgement, I installed Windows 10 on Day 1 or 2. (Never buy version...
  8. Watch Live Windows Insider Mixer Webcast December 12th, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Live Windows Insider Mixer Webcast December 12th, 2017: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  9. Welcome to TenForums

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to TenForums: Welcome to TenForums! Take a couple minutes to introduce yourself, so we can say hello. 14728
  10. Live webcast details for Jan. Windows 10 media briefing

in Windows 10 News
    Live webcast details for Jan. Windows 10 media briefing: We’re getting close to our Windows 10 media briefing next week and as promised – I’ve got the details for you on where to watch the live webcast. The live webcast will start once the event starts at 9am (Pacific) on January 21st 2015 and you’ll be able to watch it here:...