Windows 10: TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016

Discus and support TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat Come and meet your fellow Ten Forums members, Windows Insiders and enthusiasts: next TF Saturday Live Chat will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Kari Win User

TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016

Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat

Come and meet your fellow Ten Forums members, Windows Insiders and enthusiasts: next TF Saturday Live Chat will be on Saturday 3rd of September 2016.

TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016 [​IMG]
    Information TF Saturday Live Chat will be held in three parts to allow as many members from various time zones as possible to join.You can of course participate in all sessions if you so wish.

The TF Saturday ive Chat will be recorded, remember it when participating in chat, showing webcam or presenting your desktop. Extracts of recording might be posted on Ten Forums.

• TF Saturday Live Chat - Part 1

• TF Saturday Live Chat - Part 2
      • Start 20:00 (8 PM) UTC
      • End 22:00 (10 PM) UTC
      • Part 2 Start & End times in your local time zone: Part 2 Start & End
      • Countdown to the start of the Part 2: Part 2 Countdown

• TF Saturday Live Chat - Part 3
      • Start 23:59 (11:59 PM) UTC
      • End 02:00 (2 AM) UTC on September 4th
      • Part 3 Start & End times in your local time zone: Part 3 Start & End
      • Countdown to the start of the Part 3: Part 3 Countdown

The chat will be online 30 minutes before the start time of each part for you to test the connection and join, and will remain online as long as there are attendees, at least two hours.

A link to each live chat session will be posted here in this thread 30 minutes before the start of each part. The TF Saturday Live Chat is a group video meeting but to participate with audio and webcam video is optional; if you so decide, you can just listen and participate with text chat.

See this tutorial for instructions in joining the live chat using the Lync Windows App as a guest if joining from Windows 8 or later: Lync App - Join an Online Meeting as Guest - Windows 10 Forums

If you will join using Windows 7 or older or any other OS or do not want to install the Lync App you need a small browser plugin. See this Microsoft support article for instructions in joining using the Skype for Business Web App plugin: Join a Skype Meeting with Skype for Business Web App - Skype for Business

Tip Easy to follow illustrated instructions to join using a browser and Skype for Business Web App plugin​ in less than a minute, see this post: Solved TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

You can of course join using Skype for Business app if you have an organisational Skype for Business Account. Please remember that in that case your personal information will be available for and seen by all participants. I recommend to at least disable your contact card showing the phone numbers. As far as I know there's no way to disable showing your account name, avatar and email address when joining with your Skype for Business account.

Notice that whichever of the above mentioned methods you use to join the chat you will not need any Ten Forums, Skype, Skype for Business, email or MS Account. Simply select a screen name for you and join as a guest. It would be nice if everyone would use their forums username.

All TF Saturday Live Chat participants can share their desktop and show whatever their want to in live session. If you have a neat Windows 10 trick, tip, workaround or anything else you would like to show to your fellow members, please send me a PM about it latest by Friday evening (July 29th) and we'll make it happen.

See you geeks on Saturday the 3rd! Please post all your questions, ideas and such about the Live Chat in this thread.

Information Winners for two Macrium Reflect Home licenses will be drawn in Part 2 half an hour after its start, at 20:30 (8:30) UTC.

Read more: Tell your backup software, win Macrium Free Home license! - Windows 10 Forums

:)

2. having trouble with apps and windows live ID

since Saturday i havent been able to use my facebook chat. the msg that comes up says "cant connect to IM" I can go on facebook and i can do everything else except chat.

since saturday I haven't been able to tweet. the msg that comes up says "we're having trouble posting"

since Saturday I haven't been able to download games from marketplace. the msg that comes up says "windows live ID service is unavailable"

I have called Tmobile they said they did all they could do and that I had to contact Microsoft next.

Please Help

DominiqueHarrison, Aug 24, 2016
  3. E90: physical design flaws (but good features)

This is application dependent for sure. IM+, MSN Live and others simply go into the background and are brought forward by pressing and holding the application button. Maps, Fring and others terminate.

Back button will do this.

I agree 10000000000000000000000%

sapporobaby, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

The TF Saturday Live Chat this time will include Macrium Software live presentations:

See this thread to win Macrium Reflect Home license: Tell your backup software, win Macrium Home license! - Windows 10 Forums

5. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 25, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Cliff you have wrong time or rather wrong date set in your reminder *Smile

The sessions start on 3rd at 16:00, 20:00 and 23:59 (4 PM, 8 PM & 11:59 PM) UTC, your CEST time at 18:00, 22:00 and 01:59 (6 PM, 10 PM and 1:59 AM).

It means that the last part is for you and me (Central European Summer time) early AM hours on Sunday the 4th, your reminder is set to early AM hours on Saturday, 24 hours too early *Smile

7. Cliff S New Member
    I know, it defaulted to the time, when I createrd it. C'mon Kari, I just got home from a very hot & sweaty day/evening at work, my brain doesn't catch that stuff any more, right now*Sleep

Cliff S, Aug 25, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

Just wanted to be sure you will be there *Smile

9. Cliff S New Member
    I'm positive you won't let me forget, my friend*chuckle

Cliff S, Aug 25, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    A reminder, don't forget to take the poll for a chance to win a Macrium Home license, then join TF Live Chat to see if you won:

(From Tell your backup software, win Macrium Reflect Home license! - Windows 10 Forums)

11. Kari Win User
    Judging by the interest @Cliff S it's just you and me online on Saturday *Smile. Good to know there's at least one witness for the Macrium Draw!

12. Cliff S New Member
    @Kari maybe you need to make it clear, using the SfB addon or Lync app also lets them join anonymous if they wish(you know, the shy ones
    and the TFH(Tin Foil Hat) ones

Cliff S, Aug 31, 2016
  13. Kari Win User

I have tried to make that clear. This extract from the first post:

14. Odos270 Win User
    OK, I'm having brainfarts. What would be those times be in US Pacific time zone?

Odos270, Sep 1, 2016
  15. Kari Win User
    @Odos270 you are not only one with those brainfarts *Smile

A global site as we are with members from almost all countries and regions around the globe quite a many members must be wondering the same.

UTC, previously known as GMT is the Coordinated Universal Time. From Wikipedia:

Time zones around the world are given as difference to UTC, in your case your time zone seems to be EST (normal time) or EDT (daylight saving time). EST is UTC -8 hours, EDT UTC - 7.

To make things easier to members we usually post links to check what given UTC times are in any member's local time. This screenshot from first post:

If you click the link in first post highlighted yellow in above screenshot, you will get this:

It shows you the start time of that specific part of TF Live Chat in UTC time (#1), and the member's local time (#2). In this case now it shows start for Part 2 in tomorrow's chat in my local CEST time (Central European Summer Time) using 24 hour clock because that's default for my time zone. If you click the same link #2 shows the start of Part 2 in your local time using 12 hour clock.

Clicking the link highlighted green in first screenshot above you get a simple countdown to start of that specific part of the chat:

The schedule in first post has links to check start time of any of three parts in your time zone, as well as countdown links.

Thema:

1. TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016 - Similar Threads - TenForums Saturday Live

2. Live chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live chat: Hi I need live chat for help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/3a2e29c9-8bca-447a-bd2c-30ecbca9f887
  3. live chat

live chat: I am looking for a copy of the lenovo dial assistant application the down load button seesm to not be working on Microsoft site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/a874b6c8-cd14-451d-b690-100a7a8c9846
  4. live chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live chat: My computer is throwing an error this happened after your tech worked on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/6f24b040-584b-4aea-a1ad-7edf50b8b626
  5. live chat

live chat: how do I go back to Windows 10 from windows 11 after 10 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/a0c09358-0d3e-4ddc-8f6f-1c93c1a666a1
  6. Live chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live chat: How do I get to chat live with someone I forgot my pin password for my laptop so it says it will send me a code but to an old email so I have sent them a new one and it says it.will take.30 days.So I followed on the website for someone and it told me to click o. Speak to...
  7. live chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    live chat: Is Live chat gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/6c6b50f7-2321-481d-88c9-15750d13bf95
  8. Live Chat

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Live Chat: When does live Chat surface? I live on the East Coast, and Chat does not show up in Help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-chat/1ec51c0b-b26c-4923-b7b5-6117dc25f6cc"
  9. View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary 30-JULY-2016 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary on Saturday 30th of July 2016. Windows 10 will have its first...
  10. Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018

in Windows 10 Support
    Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat on March 24th, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 24th of March 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows Insiders in a live...