Windows 10: Tenforums - Search and then search within results

Discus and support Tenforums - Search and then search within results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tfwul, Nov 19, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

Tenforums - Search and then search within results

Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible.
    IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..'

Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of need, do a 3rd search) within each search results?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Honestly, my best results searching for stuff here is to go to googlebing, search for "xxxxxx TPU" with xxxx being replaced by your keywords.

I did find some Steam discussions on it:
    How do I enable either 5.1 or 7.1 audio in "Wolfenstein: The New Order"?. :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

Audio on 5.1 sound system :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

Audio Fix for Voices :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

I got these with: Wolfenstein new order 5.1 audio

rtwjunkie, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Tenforums - Search and then search within results - Similar Threads - Tenforums Search search

2. Editing folder names from within Explorer search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing folder names from within Explorer search results: I wanted to remove a character string from the names of all subfolders of a given folder. In an Explorer window, I entered the character string in the search box and set it running. Immediately, I got a list of all folder names containing that string. The problem: The folder...
  3. Editing folder names from within Explorer search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing folder names from within Explorer search results: I wanted to remove a character string from the names of all subfolders of a given folder. In an Explorer window, I entered the character string in the search box and set it running. Immediately, I got a list of all folder names containing that string. The problem: The folder...
  4. Search in Windows 11 not searching within files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search in Windows 11 not searching within files: Since updating to Windows 11 have ongoing problem with search in file manager only searching document name, not contents. All search properties are set for searching content and I have done all recommended troubleshooting. At one point I managed to get it working after...
  5. How to include OneNote for windows 10 search results within Windows Search

in Cortana
    How to include OneNote for windows 10 search results within Windows Search: How can I configure the windows search index so it will find match results within the OneNote for windows notebooks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-include-onenote-for-windows-10-search/7b031e40-90a5-4d57-95c8-1faf772b9964
  6. Searching within a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within a folder: My latest update has changed the way the search function works. Now after entering the data I want found I have to click a blue arrow as if to say "go". That's an improvement over the previous way of having to backspace to let the app know to search now. However, now when I...
  7. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  8. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  9. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  10. tenforums search engine?

in Browsers and Email
    tenforums search engine?: OK, I recently noticed that tenforums.com is now my default search engine when using the omnibox in Chrome. This is a huge problem for me. How on earth do I change back to Google? Before you ask, yes of course I already tried to change it in Chrome settings and EVERY search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com