Windows 10: Teredo and NAT type

Discus and support Teredo and NAT type in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having issues with the Teredo Tunneling Adapter for a couple of months now. It is missing from Device Manager and I cannot use Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by somepcnerd01, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Teredo and NAT type

Hi,

I have been having issues with the Teredo Tunneling Adapter for a couple of months now.
    It is missing from Device Manager and I cannot use Xbox party chat.
    In the Xbox Networking section in Settings, it says Teredo is unable to qualify and that server connectivity is blocked. I have tried 'Fix it' but alas, to no avail.
    I tried everything in https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat but it didn't work.

I have now reset Windows and it is still not working, neither is it in Device Manager.

Please help, I am extremely frustrated with this issue!

Thanks

:)

somepcnerd01, Oct 31, 2019

2. My NAT type says "Teredo is unable to qualify"

Hi Kole,

You may receive the error message Teredo is unable to qualify
    if your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address. Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network
    address translation (NAT). To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link

If you have already done those steps as you mentioned in your description, you may proceed to open the network ports and setting a static Teredo port by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 31, 2019
  3. NAT Type Problems

Thank you for your response. We would like to know if you were able to open the network ports on your router settings and set a Teredo Static Port to set the NAT to Open.

If you have already tried all the solutions on the link that was provided by
    Wilfred Mac
    above, we suggest that you uninstall and re-install the Teredo Adapter to update it manually on your PC.

To uninstall the Teredo adapter:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command: netsh interface Teredo set state disable
    • Hit Enter.
    • Press Windows + X on your keyboard again and select
      Device Manager.
    • Select View > Show Hidden Devices.
    • Clink on Network Adapters.
    • Look for the adapters that contain Teredo such as Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface or
      Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.
    • Right-click on the adapter name and click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

To re-enable the Teredo adapter:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Note The Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter will reinstall automatically. It is not recommended to install the
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface adapter in the Device Manager because it may cause issues with the Teredo functionality.

If the issue persists, refresh the IP Helper service by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Services
      in the search box.
    • Hit Enter and look for IP Helper in the
      Services
      window.
    • If it is set to Automatic, right-click on it and click on
      Refresh
    • If it is not set to Automatic, you may right-click and select
      Properties.
    • On the Startup type, select Stop.
    • Click OK and restart your computer.
    • Once the computer restarted, open the Services window again and select
      IP Helper.
    • Right-click and select Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Start.
    • Click OK to save the changes.

If you need further assistance on configuring your router settings, you may contact your router manufacturer.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

4. Teredo and NAT type

nat type

Hi,

If your NAT type shows Moderate, this is a good state. However, you may still have issues communicating or playing with other people who have Moderate or Strict NAT settings. To open your NAT settings, you may follow the steps
    under Open network ports using port forwarding on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Thema:

Teredo and NAT type

1. Teredo and NAT type - Similar Threads - Teredo NAT type

2. Teredo adapter unable to qualify in xbox networking NAt type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo adapter unable to qualify in xbox networking NAt type: I have tried absolutely everything I have found on the internet. Everything. I am losing my mind. Registry edit did nothing. IP helper is working. It does not appear in device manager with show hidden devices. The add legacy hardware in device manager does not show a teredo...
  3. Teredo adapter unable to qualify in xbox networking NAt type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo adapter unable to qualify in xbox networking NAt type: I have tried absolutely everything I have found on the internet. Everything. I am losing my mind. Registry edit did nothing. IP helper is working. It does not appear in device manager with show hidden devices. The add legacy hardware in device manager does not show a teredo...
  4. Teredo Nat problem on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo Nat problem on windows 11: Hi, When I tried playing Minecraft online it took a long time to find a server when contacted Minecraft support they told me that my network is strict and there is a problem with Nat...
  5. Teredo Nat problem on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo Nat problem on windows 11: Hi, When I tried playing Minecraft online it took a long time to find a server when contacted Minecraft support they told me that my network is strict and there is a problem with Nat...
  6. PORTS NAT TYPE MODERATED.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PORTS NAT TYPE MODERATED.: hello, im having issues with my windows 10 and firewalls, tryign to do some gaming with it seems my windows doesnt let me to open my nat type, im trying to open some PORT already place em in the router and in the firewall, did everything i can and still nothing, i even...
  7. NAT Type always to "OPEN"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAT Type always to "OPEN": Hello, I am having to constantly check my Windows 10 PC settings and also having to "Fix it" the NAT Type to where it says "Moderate". Is there a way to NOT have to check the settings and not to not have to deal with the NAT Type ever again?...
  8. My NAT Type says Teredo is unable to qualify

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My NAT Type says Teredo is unable to qualify: On my PC that is connected with a Ethernet cable it says under Xbox Live Multiplayer, NAT Type is Teredo is unable to qualify and my Server connectivity says Blocked and I have checked the NAT type and Server connectivity on another PC and it all worked the NAT Type says...
  9. Xbox App Teredo Issues - NAT Type: Teredo is unable to quality - Server connectivity:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Teredo Issues - NAT Type: Teredo is unable to quality - Server connectivity:...: Hi, I've been trying for hours to fix this issue to no avail. I cannot get Xbox party chat to work with friends. I can join the part, but no voice. When showing the Teredo state via CMD, the state is "offline" and the error is "failed to resolve server name". Teredo...
  10. Xbox App Teredo Issues - NAT Type: Teredo is unable to quality - Server connectivity:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App Teredo Issues - NAT Type: Teredo is unable to quality - Server connectivity:...: Hi, I've been trying for hours to fix this issue to no avail. I cannot get Xbox party chat to work with friends. I can join the part, but no voice. When showing the Teredo state via CMD, the state is "offline" and the error is "failed to resolve server name". Teredo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox networking nat type moderate

2. windows 10 xbox app ports