Windows 10: Teredo Blocked

Discus and support Teredo Blocked in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Employees, I have currently got an issue with Teredo. My Computer is currently registering the Teredo as blocked except i cannot fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Isaac M 05, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Teredo Blocked

Hello Microsoft Employees,

I have currently got an issue with Teredo.

My Computer is currently registering the Teredo as blocked except i cannot fix this issue without administrator privellages, which i do not have could you please help me with this as i am struggling to find an answer.

:)

Isaac M 05, Nov 2, 2019

2. teredo tunneling adapter completely missing!

I'm trying to play Forza Horizon 3 and the xbox app says TEREDO is unable to qualify. Server connectivity: Blocked.

I have gone through all the official steps through CMD, Services, and Device manager. There's no trace of anything Teredo on my rig.

Is there a driver I can manually download?

gettheclicker, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Teredo unable to qualify

Hi JayKay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling
    Teredo functionality. If you haven’t tried the methods listed in the following articles yet, I would suggest you to try them first and see if it works:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to
    uninstall
    and re-install the Xbox app to see if you can get it to work.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Reboot the computer once the command is executed.
    • Once the machine restarts, launch Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

After reinstalling the Xbox app, open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    again and copy paste the following command to enable Teredo.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Teredo Blocked

No Teredo installed

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. The make and model of your system?
    2. The Windows 10 Build you are using?

Systems communicate with one another using a certain predefined set of protocols, when systems within a network are using different protocols but are trying to communicate with one another it may require a translator to enable
    this communication. This is where the Teredo Tunneling comes in. It facilitates the connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT) and thus enable this communication.

Given that you have already tried to enable the Teredo through the device manager and the netsh command through the command prompt, we have a few more steps that we could try to resolve this issue.

Check and make sure that no VPN client is blocking the Teredo connectivity.

Steps:

Manually enable the Teredo through the registry.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

To take a backup or restore the registry click
    here

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
    3. If you find this output: Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
    3. If you find the output, and the value displayed is not 0x0. Example: DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    4. You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Teredo Blocked

1. Teredo Blocked - Similar Threads - Teredo Blocked

2. Teredo nat restricted how to un restrict and solve server connectivity blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo nat restricted how to un restrict and solve server connectivity blocked: I have tried alot of answers and commands nothing works please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teredo-nat-restricted-how-to-un-restrict-and-solve/19de3b5f-fe1e-433c-a028-8fd82415e77d
  3. Teredo nat restricted how to un restrict and solve server connectivity blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo nat restricted how to un restrict and solve server connectivity blocked: I have tried alot of answers and commands nothing works please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teredo-nat-restricted-how-to-un-restrict-and-solve/19de3b5f-fe1e-433c-a028-8fd82415e77d
  4. I am trying to get teredo to work to play Phantom Dust, Xbox Network ALWAYS shows "blocked"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to get teredo to work to play Phantom Dust, Xbox Network ALWAYS shows "blocked": I have a windows 11 laptop, xfiinity router.the xbox multiplayer ALWAYS shows the server connectivity as blocked.Here is everything I triedPhantom Dust Onlinehttps://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/troubleshoot-party-chatchanged DNS, made a DMZ on...
  5. I am trying to get teredo to work to play Phantom Dust, Xbox Network ALWAYS shows "blocked"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to get teredo to work to play Phantom Dust, Xbox Network ALWAYS shows "blocked": I have a windows 11 laptop, xfiinity router.the xbox multiplayer ALWAYS shows the server connectivity as blocked.Here is everything I triedPhantom Dust Onlinehttps://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/troubleshoot-party-chatchanged DNS, made a DMZ on...
  6. Teredo not qualified and server connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo not qualified and server connectivity blocked.: I've been having this problem with the Xbox networking that Teredo is unable to qualify and that the server connectivity is blocked. I've had this problem for a few months now and I've tried a lot to fix it. I Have checked services for IP helper and xbox live networking...
  7. NAT-type / Teredo and banned/blocked from join friends Minecraft world on windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAT-type / Teredo and banned/blocked from join friends Minecraft world on windows 10...: NAT-type / Teredo and banned/blocked from join friends Minecraft world on windows 10 edition. Xbox Networking not working and not allow me to join friends. Fix so i can join my friends NOW!!!...
  8. Teredo Blocked or Unable to qualify.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teredo Blocked or Unable to qualify.: I keep getting this when I try to connect to Xbox services, this prevents me from playing Xbox live games with my friends, which I really want to do. [ATTACH]T...
  9. teredo/server connectivity blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    teredo/server connectivity blocked: 1.Teredo is unable to qualify/Sever connectivity blocked ive had this issue for months it used to be fine but then randomly i started having this issue ive tried port fowarding and all the steps microsoft said to do but no help the issue will usually either be an open nat...
  10. Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked")

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked"): Today, for some reason, I started having issues downloading and playing online multiplayer games from the Microsoft Store (launched directly from it or via the Xbox app). Checked Xbox Networking, under Settings > Gaming: "NAT Type" had the message "Teredo is unable to...