Windows 10: Teredo issue

Discus and support Teredo issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there! Hopefully someone can be my saviour here, i've tried everything, contacting xbox support, they went through their steps with me, nothing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Draxexo, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Teredo issue

Hey there! Hopefully someone can be my saviour here, i've tried everything, contacting xbox support, they went through their steps with me, nothing, i've read many things about the services, trying to turn off fast boot, restart your router, portforwarding, putting your pc into the DMZ, the only thing i could do is put my NAT type to open, and my server connectivity blocked, and thats after a restart checking again reverts it to both being blocked.

I honestly don't know what to do, my ISP is virgin media, and i'm on the superhub 3

I'm getting the info through Settings > Gaming > Xbox networking

submitted by /u/Draxexo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Draxexo, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Teredo unable to qualify

Hi JayKay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling
    Teredo functionality. If you haven’t tried the methods listed in the following articles yet, I would suggest you to try them first and see if it works:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to
    uninstall
    and re-install the Xbox app to see if you can get it to work.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Reboot the computer once the command is executed.
    • Once the machine restarts, launch Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

After reinstalling the Xbox app, open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    again and copy paste the following command to enable Teredo.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Can You Please fix the teredo adapter problem already?

Hi Mr Overshield,

Teredo being disabled is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to fix the Teredo problem as well as can't find it under hidden devices. To re-enable your Teredo on your device, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Type in cmd in to the search bar on your desktop and right click on Command Prompt and run it as admin.
    2. Type in netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
    3. Kindly restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Note: No need to reinstall the Teredo as it will install itself.

For additional information and troubleshooting steps, you may visit the link below:

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Teredo issue

No Teredo installed

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. The make and model of your system?
    2. The Windows 10 Build you are using?

Systems communicate with one another using a certain predefined set of protocols, when systems within a network are using different protocols but are trying to communicate with one another it may require a translator to enable
    this communication. This is where the Teredo Tunneling comes in. It facilitates the connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT) and thus enable this communication.

Given that you have already tried to enable the Teredo through the device manager and the netsh command through the command prompt, we have a few more steps that we could try to resolve this issue.

Check and make sure that no VPN client is blocking the Teredo connectivity.

Steps:

Manually enable the Teredo through the registry.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

To take a backup or restore the registry click
    here

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
    3. If you find this output: Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
    3. If you find the output, and the value displayed is not 0x0. Example: DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    4. You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Teredo issue

1. Teredo issue - Similar Threads - Teredo issue

2. I'm having issues with teredo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having issues with teredo: Okay so, I'm trying to join parties or invite friends to a party. I cant do either. I went onto xbox console companion and went to networks and it says I'm connect to the internet and xbox live services. But It says that teredo is unable to qualify and that server...
  3. I'm having issues with teredo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having issues with teredo: Okay so, I'm trying to join parties or invite friends to a party. I cant do either. I went onto xbox console companion and went to networks and it says I'm connect to the internet and xbox live services. But It says that teredo is unable to qualify and that server...
  4. Issues with Teredo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Teredo: So, I went ahead and viewed my xbox live multiplayer settings and it says "Teredo is unable to qualify." Ive attempted what I could understand from the "click here for more information" link. Then I typed netsh interface Teredo show state in the command prompt and got:type :...
  5. Issues with Teredo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Teredo: So, I went ahead and viewed my xbox live multiplayer settings and it says "Teredo is unable to qualify." Ive attempted what I could understand from the "click here for more information" link. Then I typed netsh interface Teredo show state in the command prompt and got:type :...
  6. Issues with Teredo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Microsoft should pay attention to the Teredo Tunneling Adapter issue

Microsoft should pay attention to the Teredo Tunneling Adapter issue: I find myself extremely frustrated trying to solve the online connectivity issues in Forza Horizon 4 and many other people experience the same troubles and feel the same way. I can scroll through pages of help boards with questions and answers and get a working answer I bet...
  8. How to Port Forward to fix Teredo Issues??

How to Port Forward to fix Teredo Issues??: I had the problem yestarday and that nice guy sent me a link and tried to help me, it was helpful but nothing worked...this is the link for it My FH4 Game is not working online and i cannot connect to online - Microsoft CommunityHowever, i got to the conclusion after trying...
  9. How to Port Forward to fix Teredo Issues??

How to Port Forward to fix Teredo Issues??: I had the problem yestarday and that nice guy sent me a link and tried to help me, it was helpful but nothing worked...this is the link for it My FH4 Game is not working online and i cannot connect to online - Microsoft CommunityHowever, i got to the conclusion after trying...
  10. How to fix Teredo is unable to qualify issue in Xbox App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix Teredo is unable to qualify issue in Xbox App?: I was trying to play Forza horizon 4 multiplayer and I cannot connect to the server. I tried some fixes watching some youtube video but that didn't work. When I type this in cmd >Netsh Int Teredo Show State This is what comes up: Type : client Server Name :...