Windows 10: Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware"

Discus and support Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a Windows 10 PC and have been trying to use the Xbox app, but it says "teredo unable to qualify." I clicked the help link below and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_lost_in_thoughts_, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware"

I just got a Windows 10 PC and have been trying to use the Xbox app, but it says "teredo unable to qualify." I clicked the help link below and tried everything there, nothing worked.

So I tried to go in to manually install Teredo but it doesn't appear when I go to device manager/action/add legacy hardware. And I can't find any solutions for this online. I've found several threads of people having the same problem, but no solutions.

I've tried every possible solution I can find and nothing helps. Mostly because the solutions people give tend to be along the lines of "uninstall and reinstall teredo" or "did you click 'show hidden devices." Teredo is nowhere on my computer, at all, so that's not helpful. I've tried running several command prompts, resetting my network, basically everything that shows up on the front page of Google. Nothing. And I'm beyond frustrated with it.

Has anyone had this issue, and how did you resolve it?

submitted by /u/_lost_in_thoughts_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_lost_in_thoughts_, Jun 15, 2020

2. Teredo Adapter missing in Device Manager and I can't install via Add Legacy Hardware

Title ^^

I'm trying to plays Gears of War 4 but I can't hear any voice chat or see chat text. I looked into this problem and it is because of the Teredo Adapter is missing or not active.

I've went through all the steps in CMD to try to get it running....didn't work. Then I went to device hardware to see if it was there...it was not. So I continued onto add the adapter through the legacy hardware....went through all the steps till the last
    part....the teredo adapter was not in the legacy hardware.

From what it looks like there is no other way to download the Teredo adapter....so how do I fix this problem?

justind500, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Themurloc Win User
    Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu

I've been having a ton of trouble with the microsoft store today, which I have never had before, and have spent all day trying to fix it. My latest possible theory as to the cause is the Teredo adapter. It doesn't seem to be installed when i look through
    the device manager, and it is not listed in the legacy hardware, as the title suggests. I have already tried showing hidden devices, and when i have searched for others having the same issue, they always ended up finding out that it was there when viewing
    hidden devices.

For me, however, it is still absent.

So if it is not there while viewing hidden devices, and it is also not listed in the add legacy hardware menu, then how the heck can I get Teredo installed? every single guide I can find on how to install teredo says to go through the device manager, but
    it just isn't there for me.

Themurloc, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Richo4 Win User

Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware"

Teredo is not showing in legacy hardware

hello, ive tried using cmd to disable the teredo driver, run it again looking in dev manager when its disabled, enabled i get nothing! it doesent show in dev manager, also tried to add it trough "add legacy hardware" option and it just does not show there,
    any help please!

Richo4, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware"

1. Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware" - Similar Threads - Teredo missing add

2. Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware, Regedit and Command Console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware, Regedit and Command Console: I dont have the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter at all on my pc, after following multiple guides I still cannot follow them as they have steps I cannot complete or if I can complete them the end result is still that the Teredo Adapter still does not show.Tunneling adapter...
  3. Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware, Regedit and Command Console

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware, Regedit and Command Console: I dont have the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter at all on my pc, after following multiple guides I still cannot follow them as they have steps I cannot complete or if I can complete them the end result is still that the Teredo Adapter still does not show.Tunneling adapter...
  4. Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware, Regedit and Command Console

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Having problems with Teredo and can't install it from "Add Legacy Hardware".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having problems with Teredo and can't install it from "Add Legacy Hardware".: Hello guys! So, I've been going through some problems with Teredo and some games in Windows Store and, the most common solution for my problems is reinstall Teredo Adapter on device manager. The problem is that I can't do this process, I'll explain why. [ATTACH] Teredo...
  6. Xbox for PC Missing Teredo Tunneling Driver, not on Legacy Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox for PC Missing Teredo Tunneling Driver, not on Legacy Hardware: I have been trying to play a game with a friend that has the xbox. I either don't appear online to him / vice-versa, or we do appear online but the option to invite him to a game is grayed out. Whenever he tries to invite me, I never get the invitation notice. When I...
  7. Teredo adapter not showing in "add legacy hardware"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo adapter not showing in "add legacy hardware": I was having issues with the xbox app so i tried to check to see if i had the teredo adapter, which I didn't. When I went to add legacy hardware and clicked on Microsoft, the teredo adapter just wasn't there. I've looked at a ton of guides and really would appreciate some...
  8. Teredo Adapter missing in Device Manager and I can't install via Add Legacy Hardware

Teredo Adapter missing in Device Manager and I can't install via Add Legacy Hardware: Title ^^ I'm trying to plays Gears of War 4 but I can't hear any voice chat or see chat text. I looked into this problem and it is because of the Teredo Adapter is missing or not active. I've went through all the steps in CMD to try to get it running....didn't work. Then...
  9. Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware

Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware: Hello, As the title says I'm missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. This means without it I cannot use the party chat feature on the Xbox App or other features that use it. When entering into Device Manager/View/Show Hidden Devices/Expand Network adapters it's not...
  10. Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu

Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu: I've been having a ton of trouble with the microsoft store today, which I have never had before, and have spent all day trying to fix it. My latest possible theory as to the cause is the Teredo adapter. It doesn't seem to be installed when i look through the device manager,...