Windows 10: Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware

Discus and support Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to fix my Teredo so I can play online with Forza Horizon 4 but it's not showing up in my device manager even with show hidden devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NoahAlbright, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware

I'm trying to fix my Teredo so I can play online with Forza Horizon 4 but it's not showing up in my device manager even with show hidden devices enabled and it's not showing up in my install legacy hardware option. Ive tried different solutions that people have posted in the past but none seem to work. Thanks to anyone who can help out.

:)

NoahAlbright, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Themurloc Win User

Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu

I've been having a ton of trouble with the microsoft store today, which I have never had before, and have spent all day trying to fix it. My latest possible theory as to the cause is the Teredo adapter. It doesn't seem to be installed when i look through
    the device manager, and it is not listed in the legacy hardware, as the title suggests. I have already tried showing hidden devices, and when i have searched for others having the same issue, they always ended up finding out that it was there when viewing
    hidden devices.

For me, however, it is still absent.

So if it is not there while viewing hidden devices, and it is also not listed in the add legacy hardware menu, then how the heck can I get Teredo installed? every single guide I can find on how to install teredo says to go through the device manager, but
    it just isn't there for me.

Themurloc, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Richo4 Win User
    Teredo is not showing in legacy hardware

hello, ive tried using cmd to disable the teredo driver, run it again looking in dev manager when its disabled, enabled i get nothing! it doesent show in dev manager, also tried to add it trough "add legacy hardware" option and it just does not show there,
    any help please!

Richo4, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware

Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware

Hello,

Please try these suggestions:

Method 1:

Step 1: Modify TCPIPv6 Parameters through Windows Registry

1. Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.Type “regedit” and press Enter.
    2. Inside Windows Registry, navigate (from the left pane) and highlight this key.
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters
    4. At the right pane, double-click to modify the DisabledComponents key.
    5. Set the DisabledComponents Value data to 0 (Zero) and select OK.
    6. Close Registry Editor.
    7. Restart your computer.
    8. Navigate to device management.
    9. Check if the Teredo tunneling adapter exists and working in device manager. To do that:
    • From the View menu choose Show hidden devices.
    • If the device manager's screen doesn't show any errors (and is without an exclamation mark) next to MS Teredo Tunneling Adapter then your problem is solved and the Teredo tunneling should work without problems.

If you face a screen with a yellow exclamation mark next to Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter.

Step 2: Uninstall all Teredo Tunneling Adapters & Interfaces.

1. Right-Click and Uninstall the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.
    2. Uninstall also all Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapters (e.g. Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter #2 or #3 or #4, etc.)
    3. Re-install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter by following the steps from this tutorial: How to install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
    4. If after re-installing teredo tunneling, you still have problems then proceed to Step 3.

Step 3. Enable Teredo Client using NETSH command

1. Right click at Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    2. At command prompt window type the following commands in this order and press Enter after typing each one of them.
    netsh

int teredo

set state disabled

int ipv6

set teredo client

3. Close command prompt.

4. Open Device manager.

5. Select View > Show Hidden Devices. The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface reappears and should be working without problems now.

Method 2 (not work in Windows 10 Home):

Open Group Policy Editor by running gpedit.msc command. Under Computer Configuration in the tree view, expand Administrative Templates then click All Settings. Look for "Set Teredo State", then double-click that. You will then enable the
    policy and set the state below to "Enterprise Client" from what it was before in the dropdown menu under "Select from the following states".

Hope this helps!

References:

1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-install-teredo-tunneling-pseudo-interface/62790531-c342-4c5b-b367-542784ae768f

2. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware

1. Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware - Similar Threads - Teredo installed showing

2. teredo not showing up in the add legacy software tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    teredo not showing up in the add legacy software tab: I know that this question has been answered multible times but never they seem to understand the real issue. Its that i cant install the Microsoft teredo thing because its not showing up in that install list. [ATTACH] btw i dont want to be unfriendly or anything THX for...
  3. Teredo tunneling application not visible in legacy hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo tunneling application not visible in legacy hardware: I am unable to locate the Teredo Legacy hardware from the device manager or anywhere in the Network adapters. I have been trying to play Grounded and the troubleshooting via steam brought me to here for Teredo Legacy Hardware. I turned off both my firewall and antivirus to...
  4. Teredo pseudo-interface Tunneling Adapter not in device manager or legacy hardware installer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo pseudo-interface Tunneling Adapter not in device manager or legacy hardware installer.: I have been at this problem for so long now it is really starting to annoy me. The Adapter is not on my device manager list and does not show up on my legacy hardware installer Yes, I have show hidden devices on. The main reason why I want to fix this is because I want to be...
  5. Having problems with Teredo and can't install it from "Add Legacy Hardware".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having problems with Teredo and can't install it from "Add Legacy Hardware".: Hello guys! So, I've been going through some problems with Teredo and some games in Windows Store and, the most common solution for my problems is reinstall Teredo Adapter on device manager. The problem is that I can't do this process, I'll explain why. [ATTACH] Teredo...
  6. Xbox for PC Missing Teredo Tunneling Driver, not on Legacy Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox for PC Missing Teredo Tunneling Driver, not on Legacy Hardware: I have been trying to play a game with a friend that has the xbox. I either don't appear online to him / vice-versa, or we do appear online but the option to invite him to a game is grayed out. Whenever he tries to invite me, I never get the invitation notice. When I...
  7. Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo missing from "add legacy hardware": I just got a Windows 10 PC and have been trying to use the Xbox app, but it says "teredo unable to qualify." I clicked the help link below and tried everything there, nothing worked. So I tried to go in to manually install Teredo but it doesn't appear when I go to device...
  8. Teredo adapter not showing in "add legacy hardware"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo adapter not showing in "add legacy hardware": I was having issues with the xbox app so i tried to check to see if i had the teredo adapter, which I didn't. When I went to add legacy hardware and clicked on Microsoft, the teredo adapter just wasn't there. I've looked at a ton of guides and really would appreciate some...
  9. Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu

Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu: I've been having a ton of trouble with the microsoft store today, which I have never had before, and have spent all day trying to fix it. My latest possible theory as to the cause is the Teredo adapter. It doesn't seem to be installed when i look through the device manager,...
  10. Teredo is not in my device manager and legacy hardware

Teredo is not in my device manager and legacy hardware: I tried a lot of methods, none of them worked. Please help someone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teredo-is-not-in-my-device-manager-and-legacy/3598d7a8-5324-4c5c-9f7d-97cce040fe2b