Windows 10: Teredo problems

Discus and support Teredo problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all. I bought Modern Warfare (2019) back in October when it released and was able to play it with no problems. Back in December, I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwawayz456, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Teredo problems

Hey all. I bought Modern Warfare (2019) back in October when it released and was able to play it with no problems. Back in December, I started receiving all kinds of strange connection errors when trying to play multiplayer. This has persisted until recently. I think I've finally narrowed down the problem. The game uses crossplay to play against people on Playstation and Xbox even if you are on PC. Well, it seems the Teredo interface on my computer is somehow messed up. I have no idea how, seeing as I haven't changed anything related to it. Although I did subscribe to Xbox Game Pass and installed the Xbox App on my PC on December 12th, which is right around when all of this started happening. Did the app mess with the settings somehow? After trying every fix I've found through Google, it seems to work now to some extent. I can play most matches with crossplay enabled, but not the Ground War mode for some reason. That mode requires crossplay enabled and still gives me connection errors every single time.

When I look at network properties in the control panel, it shows Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface at the bottom and then lists Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6) as disconnected. Should this say connected instead? The weird thing is when I go to Control Panel -> Gaming -> Xbox Networking, it no longer says its blocked or any of the other errors I was receiving before. Using an elevated command prompt and checking Teredo's state, it seems to indicate there are no problems. On top of this, it is nowhere to be found in the device manager and I can't reinstall it using the legacy hardware installer. What in the hell is going on?

submitted by /u/throwawayz456
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwawayz456, Feb 13, 2020

2. Can You Please fix the teredo adapter problem already?

Hi Mr Overshield,

Teredo being disabled is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to fix the Teredo problem as well as can't find it under hidden devices. To re-enable your Teredo on your device, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Type in cmd in to the search bar on your desktop and right click on Command Prompt and run it as admin.
    2. Type in netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
    3. Kindly restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Note: No need to reinstall the Teredo as it will install itself.

For additional information and troubleshooting steps, you may visit the link below:

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Teredo unable to qualify

Hi JayKay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling
    Teredo functionality. If you haven’t tried the methods listed in the following articles yet, I would suggest you to try them first and see if it works:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to
    uninstall
    and re-install the Xbox app to see if you can get it to work.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Reboot the computer once the command is executed.
    • Once the machine restarts, launch Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

After reinstalling the Xbox app, open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    again and copy paste the following command to enable Teredo.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Teredo problems

Teredo General System Failure

I've Managed to fix this problem and get the party chat to work in the Xbox app . Deleting the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter n only need the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface.

if you don't have the pseudo interface you can add it by opening the command prompt as an administrator and doing the following steps.

• type netsh : press enter
    • type int teredo : press enter
    • type set state disabled : press enter
    • type int ipv6 : press enter
    • type set teredo client : press enter
    this will add the pseudo interface in the device manager.

it seems having the other teredo adapter makes trying to connect to a party in the xbox app a problem, or so it did for me.

Err0r Head, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Teredo problems

1. Teredo problems - Similar Threads - Teredo problems

2. Teredo Nat problem on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo Nat problem on windows 11: Hi, When I tried playing Minecraft online it took a long time to find a server when contacted Minecraft support they told me that my network is strict and there is a problem with Nat...
  3. Teredo Nat problem on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo Nat problem on windows 11: Hi, When I tried playing Minecraft online it took a long time to find a server when contacted Minecraft support they told me that my network is strict and there is a problem with Nat...
  4. Teredo problem in Xbox live

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo problem in Xbox live: I am currently unable to connect to any game server in FH4 on my pc, i checked in the settings and its telling me that teredo is unable to qualify (french to english translation). Even after trying to fix it with the microsoft support page its still not working. Has any of...
  5. Strange Problems with Teredo

Strange Problems with Teredo: Hi, at first im a german Windows user so maybe i dont know the correct transaltions of the terms i aks about. The problem wit my Teredo is that sometimes in the Xbox Network setting it shows as can not qualify and not connected and when i press the check again button it...
  6. Problem with Teredo tunneling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Teredo tunneling: Hi I have a big problem with teredo tunneling adapter I can't seem to uninstall it or to reinstall it the device manager and for Xbox it says it's off windows 10 pc btw. I tried every single fix I could find I can't seem to get it fixed so I'm Gonna put CMD commands that show...
  7. Having problems with Teredo and can't install it from "Add Legacy Hardware".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having problems with Teredo and can't install it from "Add Legacy Hardware".: Hello guys! So, I've been going through some problems with Teredo and some games in Windows Store and, the most common solution for my problems is reinstall Teredo Adapter on device manager. The problem is that I can't do this process, I'll explain why. [ATTACH] Teredo...
  8. Problem with Teredo. (Teredo is unable to qualify)

Problem with Teredo. (Teredo is unable to qualify): Keep in mind I'm german so my language on my PC is german too. So everything might be roughly translated and not accurate. So I bought Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 with my friends. When I tried connecting to an online session nothing really...
  9. Teredo Problem Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo Problem Pc: Hey you guys im having some problems with the teredo. i can not play forza horizon 3 or 4 online because it gives me a unable to join session error. I've been trying many methods and couldnt find one that can work for me. I dont get errors when testing my internet in the...
  10. Teredo NAT problem - State of Decay 2 multi doesn't work!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo NAT problem - State of Decay 2 multi doesn't work!!!: I can't join to my friend in state of decay 2. Firewalls ON, Windows defender ON, i have public ip, NATs are open but in Teredo UPNP is "no". I haven't permission to configure router and open ports. Teredo Parameters --------------------------------------------- Type...