Windows 10: Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

Discus and support Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Teredo Tunneling Adapter; It's gone on my PC! (2018) Hello, there already are many discussions on this topic and some of them are more than two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AleixoAlonso, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

Teredo Tunneling Adapter; It's gone on my PC! (2018)

Hello,

there already are many discussions on this topic and some of them are more than two years old. It's about the Teredo Tunneling Adapter. I am posting this to reach out to Microsoft and people who experience the same issue, which I will explain now.

Issue

The Teredo Tunneling Adapter (Teredo Pseudo Interface) is required to join Xbox Parties and play online in games such as the Forza series. For me, it was in September when the problem occurred and I've been trying to resolve it ever since.

"Teredo Unable To Qualify" is what the Xbox App tells you after running a network check. Sadly, none of the suggested solutions on this website https://support.xbox.comed help. In my case, and, judging by what I've read in the last couple of days, many cases, the Teredo Tunneling Adapter cannot be found in the Device Manager. After toggling hidden items, the list of Network Adapters is missing the Teredo Tunneling Adapter. A reinstallation of said virtual adapter could potentially fix the issue, but since it's not showing the option to update or reinstall is out of the picture. The next problem is that, in my case, I was unable to add the network adapter manually using the Add Legacy Hardware option. Same as before, the network adapter isn't in the list of MS Network Adapters.

What I have found out myself is that the desired driver is present in C:\Windows\System32\drivers. I found this out after checking whether my dad's laptop (running Windows 7) has the adapter installed. I then learned the name of the driver which is simply tunnel.sys. Now, why is the driver there but it's not in the device manager?

That question, as of now, could not be answered by five regular MS Technicians or a Tier 2 Technician. After multiple chats, remote sessions, Twitter DMs and calls, I was told that Microsoft's Tech-Team will look into the issue. I will receive a call when a solution has been found. After weeks of waiting, I did receive a call and the caller told me that "We haven't heard from our Tech-Team yet, sorry."

I've since reset my PC, which, as you know, is a pain, especially when you have to reinstall all your programs, but the problem still occurs. Is it a compatibility issue? Why would that be? Did the network adapter randomly decide to become incompatible with my HP Omen 870-033ng Desktop PC?

Microsoft, please fix this, I'm begging you. I'm attaching images to show you the missing network adapter.

Sincerely,

Aleixo Alonso

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 91e959c9-261e-4239-ae6e-ff4d8cfa5d63?upload=true.png

Above: Absence of "Teredo Network Adapter"

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 11e37b17-55bd-48ba-8c56-e677f30373f1?upload=true.png Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 78da335c-3e2c-4727-9795-a840411fd9e9?upload=true.png

Two above: Absence of Network Adapter in "Add Legacy Hardware"

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 51ddd687-26ca-48a3-92fd-3d06503c47a7?upload=true.png

Above: Presence of Teredo driver

:)

AleixoAlonso, Oct 11, 2018

2. Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter not Found

Hi,

It started off from teredo unable to qualify for Xbox connection.

Then, I tried following tons of suggestions through showing hidden drivers in Device manager, changing DisabledComponents value to 0.

However, I still cannot find Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.

I tried to install it by adding legacy hardware with all ways, but there was no Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter in the list of the Microsoft Network Adapter .

Lumiere_EZH, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

Andre Da Costa, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

1. Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! - Similar Threads - Teredo Tunneling Adapter

2. No network adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface (Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No network adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface (Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter): The Xbox app says that Teredo could not be determined. I clicked on the link and began to understand. As a result, I went into network adapters and found that such an adapter, Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface or Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, simply does not. I tried to...
  3. Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter Missing

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter Missing: Teredo Tunneling Adapter is simply not on my computer - I've tried every suggestion I could find online with no luck -> type netsh : press enter type int teredo : press enter type set state disabled : press enter type int ipv6 : press enter type set teredo client : press...
  4. I can't find Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter or Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface in...

I can't find Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter or Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface in...: Please tell what to do i cant use xbox chat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-cant-find-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-or/3150506a-dd16-482c-81c1-4fe5872df0e4
  5. microsoft teredo tunneling adapter not showing up in the device manager

microsoft teredo tunneling adapter not showing up in the device manager: Hi, I'm trying to install the Teredo Tunneling Adapter and it's not showing up in my Device Manager tab under Network Adapters. I've checked under show hidden devices as well and it's still not there. When I go to add legacy device and navigate to network drivers and then to...
  6. Teredo Tunneling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo Tunneling: What is Teredo Tunneling? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/teredo-tunneling/ed34f2c5-5ff0-41cf-8f97-b45e5ebbe16d
  7. Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface - Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Uninstalled cant get...

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface - Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Uninstalled cant get...: Hello to everyone i need some help, i think in the past i accidently uninstalled the Toredo tunneling Adapter and i cant get it back, i have try'd going into device manager selecting action and looking in there to see if the adapter driver is there, but it doesnt appear to...
  8. Teredo Adapter Disabled and Missing

Teredo Adapter Disabled and Missing: I've been trying to play multiplayer of Forza 7 with my friend for the last couple of weeks, but just can't connect to the server. After consulting online, I pretty much determined that it's because my teredo is disabled. There is no Teredo Tunnelling Adapter or Teredo...
  9. I am missing my microsoft teredo tunneling adapter

I am missing my microsoft teredo tunneling adapter: I was wonder is there a way I can manually install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-am-missing-my-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter/e5506319-e604-4fbd-88cf-00d00c875c8b
  10. teredo tunneling adapter completely missing!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    teredo tunneling adapter completely missing!: I'm trying to play Forza Horizon 3 and the xbox app says TEREDO is unable to qualify. Server connectivity: Blocked. I have gone through all the official steps through CMD, Services, and Device manager. There's no trace of anything Teredo on my rig. Is there a driver I...