Windows 10: Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

Discus and support Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Teredo Tunneling Adapter; It's gone on my PC! (2018) Hello, there already are many discussions on this topic and some of them are more than two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AleixoAlonso, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

Teredo Tunneling Adapter; It's gone on my PC! (2018)

Hello,

there already are many discussions on this topic and some of them are more than two years old. It's about the Teredo Tunneling Adapter. I am posting this to reach out to Microsoft and people who experience the same issue, which I will explain now.

Issue

The Teredo Tunneling Adapter (Teredo Pseudo Interface) is required to join Xbox Parties and play online in games such as the Forza series. For me, it was in September when the problem occurred and I've been trying to resolve it ever since.

"Teredo Unable To Qualify" is what the Xbox App tells you after running a network check. Sadly, none of the suggested solutions on this website https://support.xbox.comed help. In my case, and, judging by what I've read in the last couple of days, many cases, the Teredo Tunneling Adapter cannot be found in the Device Manager. After toggling hidden items, the list of Network Adapters is missing the Teredo Tunneling Adapter. A reinstallation of said virtual adapter could potentially fix the issue, but since it's not showing the option to update or reinstall is out of the picture. The next problem is that, in my case, I was unable to add the network adapter manually using the Add Legacy Hardware option. Same as before, the network adapter isn't in the list of MS Network Adapters.

What I have found out myself is that the desired driver is present in C:\Windows\System32\drivers. I found this out after checking whether my dad's laptop (running Windows 7) has the adapter installed. I then learned the name of the driver which is simply tunnel.sys. Now, why is the driver there but it's not in the device manager?

That question, as of now, could not be answered by five regular MS Technicians or a Tier 2 Technician. After multiple chats, remote sessions, Twitter DMs and calls, I was told that Microsoft's Tech-Team will look into the issue. I will receive a call when a solution has been found. After weeks of waiting, I did receive a call and the caller told me that "We haven't heard from our Tech-Team yet, sorry."

I've since reset my PC, which, as you know, is a pain, especially when you have to reinstall all your programs, but the problem still occurs. Is it a compatibility issue? Why would that be? Did the network adapter randomly decide to become incompatible with my HP Omen 870-033ng Desktop PC?

Microsoft, please fix this, I'm begging you. I'm attaching images to show you the missing network adapter.

Sincerely,

Aleixo Alonso

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 91e959c9-261e-4239-ae6e-ff4d8cfa5d63?upload=true.png

Above: Absence of "Teredo Network Adapter"

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 11e37b17-55bd-48ba-8c56-e677f30373f1?upload=true.png Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 78da335c-3e2c-4727-9795-a840411fd9e9?upload=true.png

Two above: Absence of Network Adapter in "Add Legacy Hardware"

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! 51ddd687-26ca-48a3-92fd-3d06503c47a7?upload=true.png

Above: Presence of Teredo driver

:)

AleixoAlonso, Oct 11, 2018

2. Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter not Found

Hi,

It started off from teredo unable to qualify for Xbox connection.

Then, I tried following tons of suggestions through showing hidden drivers in Device manager, changing DisabledComponents value to 0.

However, I still cannot find Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.

I tried to install it by adding legacy hardware with all ways, but there was no Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter in the list of the Microsoft Network Adapter .

Lumiere_EZH, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

Andre Da Costa, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished!

1. Teredo Tunneling Adapter gone/ missing/ vanished! - Similar Threads - Teredo Tunneling Adapter

2. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing: The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager and it is not there. I did select show hidden devices but it still does not show up. I then tried to install it from the device manager via add legacy hardware, but it does not...
  3. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing: The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager and it is not there. I did select show hidden devices but it still does not show up. I then tried to install it from the device manager via add legacy hardware, but it does not...
  4. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Missing: Can't open Xbox Support site and can't join party chat for Xbox social Searched on device manager>Network Adapter>Microsoft and it wasn't there Ran the following: netsh interface teredo show state >> Teredo Parameters see below for results Help Please Windows...
  6. teredo tunneling adapter missing

teredo tunneling adapter missing: I know this is a problem and ive already tried everyone solution I can get my hands on but no matter what I do teredo tunneling adapter just isn't there, doesn't appear when hidden devices is selected and doesn't show up in legacy hardware. ive tried powershell, services,...
  7. Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing!

Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing!: So for the longest time I've been having issues on the Xbox app with getting continuously disconnected due to Teredo not being able to qualify. I have searched through forums high and low to try and fix it; which only made me discover that the Teredo driver isn't even...
  8. Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Teredo Tunneling Adapter: After combing through "How To" guides and sites, I cannot download the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Network Adapter. I've tried using the Device Manager too. Please help?...
  9. Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter Missing

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter Missing: Teredo Tunneling Adapter is simply not on my computer - I've tried every suggestion I could find online with no luck -> type netsh : press enter type int teredo : press enter type set state disabled : press enter type int ipv6 : press enter type set teredo client : press...
  10. teredo tunneling adapter completely missing!

teredo tunneling adapter completely missing!: I'm trying to play Forza Horizon 3 and the xbox app says TEREDO is unable to qualify. Server connectivity: Blocked. I have gone through all the official steps through CMD, Services, and Device manager. There's no trace of anything Teredo on my rig. Is there a driver I...