Windows 10: Teredo type disabled in comand prompt

Discus and support Teredo type disabled in comand prompt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; im trying to fix teredo so i can play on xboxlive but it says its disables in the comand prompt ive gone into the device manager to try and find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LoonyMarlin, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Teredo type disabled in comand prompt

im trying to fix teredo so i can play on xboxlive but it says its disables in the comand prompt
    ive gone into the device manager to try and find it but i literally cant find it on my system
    and its not in my registry form either so i dont know what else to do
    ive also checked services but nothing

:)

LoonyMarlin, Apr 24, 2020

2. Can You Please fix the teredo adapter problem already?

Hi Mr Overshield,

Teredo being disabled is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to fix the Teredo problem as well as can't find it under hidden devices. To re-enable your Teredo on your device, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Type in cmd in to the search bar on your desktop and right click on Command Prompt and run it as admin.
    2. Type in netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
    3. Kindly restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Note: No need to reinstall the Teredo as it will install itself.

For additional information and troubleshooting steps, you may visit the link below:

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Teredo General System Failure

I've Managed to fix this problem and get the party chat to work in the Xbox app . Deleting the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter n only need the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface.

if you don't have the pseudo interface you can add it by opening the command prompt as an administrator and doing the following steps.

• type netsh : press enter
    • type int teredo : press enter
    • type set state disabled : press enter
    • type int ipv6 : press enter
    • type set teredo client : press enter
    this will add the pseudo interface in the device manager.

it seems having the other teredo adapter makes trying to connect to a party in the xbox app a problem, or so it did for me.

Err0r Head, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Teredo type disabled in comand prompt

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter Missing

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to know the reason you are trying to install the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter, so that we can suggest you alternatives. If you are trying to install it for Xbox app on Windows Computer then we can have the dedicated team look
    into it.

However here are some steps that you can try. To enable Teredo adapter:

• Right-click the Start icon, and then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run the following command from the Admin command prompt:
      • netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

**The Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter will reinstall automatically. Don’t install the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface adapter manually in Device Manager, as this may cause issues with Teredo functionality**

Also check to see if Teredo is disabled in the registry by a program or by a manually configured registry value.

Command Prompt (Admin).
      • reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
      • If the output includes the following line, Teredo has been disabled:
      • Type REG_DWORD 0x4
    • You can re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt:
      • netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

Command Prompt (Admin).
      • reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
      • If the output includes the following line, and the value displayed is not
        0x0, Teredo may have been disabled:
      • DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    • You can re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt:
      • reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Important: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information
    in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

**Please take a backup of the registry. To take back up, follow the steps mentioned in article:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Teredo type disabled in comand prompt

1. Teredo type disabled in comand prompt - Similar Threads - Teredo type disabled

2. Teredo disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo disabled?: I am currently experiencing an issue with Teredo on my Windows 10. The state of teredo is:Type : disabled Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com. Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds Client Port : 3544 State : offline Error : noneWhen I change the type to enterprise, it...
  3. Teredo disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo disabled?: I am currently experiencing an issue with Teredo on my Windows 10. The state of teredo is:Type : disabled Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com. Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds Client Port : 3544 State : offline Error : noneWhen I change the type to enterprise, it...
  4. Teredo disabled?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. comand prompt search on desktop is gone

in Cortana
    comand prompt search on desktop is gone: where is the search bar that is usually next to the windows icon, has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comand-prompt-search-on-desktop-is-gone/daa2d050-a5fb-4818-9511-d0f7bdc00fb7"
  6. Teredo and NAT type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teredo and NAT type: Hi, I have been having issues with the Teredo Tunneling Adapter for a couple of months now. It is missing from Device Manager and I cannot use Xbox party chat. In the Xbox Networking section in Settings, it says Teredo is unable to qualify and that server connectivity is...
  7. Diffrent colors in comand prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Diffrent colors in comand prompt: I have make a menu in comand prompt, is there a way to make each line in the menu a diffrent color. line 1 red line 3 blue eg. 133660
  8. Teredo Disabled

Teredo Disabled: I have tried every solution there is to try and resolve this problem, I am on a windows 10 64 bit, and teredo is completely disabled, and I dont know how to fix it. It is not in legacy add-on (YES I ENABLED HIDDEN PROGRAMS). And it says it is completely disabled ----- Teredo...
  9. Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box: Earlier today I opened the Comand Prompt box and I noticed there is a command C:\Users\Users. Before this I have never seen anything written in this. Does it need to be removed?...
  10. Teredo Adapter Disabled and Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teredo Adapter Disabled and Missing: I've been trying to play multiplayer of Forza 7 with my friend for the last couple of weeks, but just can't connect to the server. After consulting online, I pretty much determined that it's because my teredo is disabled. There is no Teredo Tunnelling Adapter or Teredo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. ‘netsh int teredo set state disabled

3. teredo type disabled