Windows 10: Teredo was working and stopped for unknown reasons

Discus and support Teredo was working and stopped for unknown reasons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Several weeks ago, I was hunting for a solution to fixing Teredo and server connectivity because I just bought Forza Horizon 4. I had tried every fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NemoTag, May 11, 2020.

1. Teredo was working and stopped for unknown reasons

Several weeks ago, I was hunting for a solution to fixing Teredo and server connectivity because I just bought Forza Horizon 4. I had tried every fix that was applicable to me, and eventually the only thing that worked was some obscure fix with changing Peer networking settings.

I am now having that problem again.

If anyone out there knows how to help me, please do.

To clarify- I have tried everything you can find on the internet. What is LEAST relevant to me is the [add legacy hardware] as teredo is completely missing from that. I do not have teredo in my device manager or legacy hardware. I have tried the netsh command prompt fixes, the setip to default fixes, i have tried restarting ipHelper, winHTTP proxy finder, all of the PNR and peer networking fixes... I have also changed the disabled components properties in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry. How poorly optimized Teredo is should be a total embarrassment to the developers.

Windows 10 latest build. Running on an intel core and msi graphics card. If my system information is actually relevant I'll reply in the thread.

Please help me, I'm pulling my hair out at how ineffective all of these internet thread solutions are for my problem Teredo was working and stopped for unknown reasons :(

Update- It worked again for a few minutes and stopped again

submitted by /u/NemoTag
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NemoTag, May 11, 2020

2. Can You Please fix the teredo adapter problem already?

Hi Mr Overshield,

Teredo being disabled is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to fix the Teredo problem as well as can't find it under hidden devices. To re-enable your Teredo on your device, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Type in cmd in to the search bar on your desktop and right click on Command Prompt and run it as admin.
    2. Type in netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
    3. Kindly restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Note: No need to reinstall the Teredo as it will install itself.

For additional information and troubleshooting steps, you may visit the link below:

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, May 11, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter Missing

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to know the reason you are trying to install the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Adapter, so that we can suggest you alternatives. If you are trying to install it for Xbox app on Windows Computer then we can have the dedicated team look
    into it.

However here are some steps that you can try. To enable Teredo adapter:

• Right-click the Start icon, and then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run the following command from the Admin command prompt:
      • netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

**The Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter will reinstall automatically. Don’t install the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface adapter manually in Device Manager, as this may cause issues with Teredo functionality**

Also check to see if Teredo is disabled in the registry by a program or by a manually configured registry value.

Command Prompt (Admin).
      • reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
      • If the output includes the following line, Teredo has been disabled:
      • Type REG_DWORD 0x4
    • You can re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt:
      • netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

Command Prompt (Admin).
      • reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
      • If the output includes the following line, and the value displayed is not
        0x0, Teredo may have been disabled:
      • DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    • You can re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt:
      • reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Important: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information
    in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

**Please take a backup of the registry. To take back up, follow the steps mentioned in article:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, May 11, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Teredo was working and stopped for unknown reasons

Teredo Tunneling not on computer.

Hi,

Your concern about Teredo Tunneling can be due to the configuration of the device. We'd recommend performing the following commands to fix your concern:

• Search Command Prompt using Cortana.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following in order:
      • netsh, press Enter.
      • int ipv6, press Enter.
      • set teredo client, press Enter.
      • Check if the item is already posted.
      Note: If the above steps did not suffice, proceed to the next step.

• Search and launch Device Manager using Cortana.

• Search and locate LogMeIn (Hamichi) if it's listed. If yes, proceed to the next step.

• Right-click on the specified driver, and then select Properties.

• Click on the Driver tab.

• Locate and click on the Disable button.

• Check if Teredo Tunneling is already posted.

In the event that the above steps didn't work, we'd recommend posting the query in our TechNet forums. The community consists of IT Professionals that would be able to impart their knowledge in relation to your concern. To reach the site, click on this

link

Note: We'd also recommend to check this thread from time to time as there might be a community member either existing or new that may be able to share their expertise with Teredo Tunneling.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Jelu Cal, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Teredo was working and stopped for unknown reasons

1. Teredo was working and stopped for unknown reasons - Similar Threads - Teredo was working

2. PC freezes for unknown reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for unknown reasons: Hi all,Lately I've been experiencing freezes while gaming. It happened with CSGO and GTA V so far. Tried windowed, borderless and fullscreen. It mainly happens when I alt+tab, although sometimes it also freezes while doing other things. When it happens I'm usually on a voice...
  3. System crashing, unknown reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashing, unknown reason: For the past year or so, my Win11 system is crashing randomly. I have replaced/upgraded countless components in hopes of finding the solution including the SSD, RAM, and video card but alas still have the crashes, which may occur several times a day, or sometimes just as few...
  4. System crashing, unknown reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashing, unknown reason: For the past year or so, my Win11 system is crashing randomly. I have replaced/upgraded countless components in hopes of finding the solution including the SSD, RAM, and video card but alas still have the crashes, which may occur several times a day, or sometimes just as few...
  5. Teredo Not Working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teredo Not Working.: I have tried setting state and what not, but after a while, this is all I get. Teredo Parameters --------------------------------------------- Type : enterpriseclient Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com. Client Refresh Interval :...
  6. teredo not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    teredo not working: I cannot enable the teredo tunneling adapter. I have tried going to the device manager and enabling it from legacy hardware but it doesn't show up. I have been through about 15 Microsoft support people with no solution. I have tried all the commands in cmd and Powershell and...
  7. BSOD for unknown reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD for unknown reason: hello Microsoft Service Team, i bought a brand new pc and it is not working properly i tried to find out why but the BlueScreenView App is not helping. So the bug id code is: 0x00000101 I do not know where to upload my minidump file so i made a screenshot for you. thx...
  8. Teredo Not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Teredo Not working: These are what im shown i dont know what i need to do because Teredo still says unable to qualify where do i go from here Type : enterpriseclient Group Policy Server Name : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Group Policy Client Refresh Interval : 15...
  9. Teredo Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo Not Working: Had this problem for 3 months. Teredo is always disabled, offline, no errors. I have ZoneAlarm AV+FW and Malwarebytes if that makes a difference. If it is a router issue, I have a Ubiquiti Amplifi HD router. The NAT Type thread from Xbox does not work, do not link it....
  10. Miracast Stopped Working For No Reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Stopped Working For No Reason: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor, and using Miracast it worked. But after I ended the connection, I couldn't find my laptop on my PC. I checked on the Connect app, and both worked, but I couldn't connect to or find my laptop. I've tried removing my laptop from my...