Windows 10: Terminal App -- New Tabs

Discus and support Terminal App -- New Tabs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've checked the documentation (doc directory) in github, but the only way mentioned to add new tabs in a Terminal session is to click on the + button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/p011t1c5, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Terminal App -- New Tabs

I've checked the documentation (doc directory) in github, but the only way mentioned to add new tabs in a Terminal session is to click on the + button. Is there any way to do so by keyboard?

I ask because I also use Linux, and in Linux I'm used to using a script which opens new tabs for man and info. I'd like to be able to do the same in Windows without needing to use AutoIt or other macro utilities to simulate mouse clicks.

submitted by /u/p011t1c5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/p011t1c5, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

3. DaveM121 Win User
    New Terminal

Hi EndermanOreaYT

The new Terminal App is not due for release until July, are you sure what you downloaded form GitHub is that same Terminal App, it would be very unusual if you needed to compile a Microsoft Application in order to use it!

Can you please provide a link to the GitHub page you are using, if it turns out that is the Microsoft Terminal App, I will compile that for you . ..

DaveM121, Oct 30, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Terminal App -- New Tabs

Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Terminal App -- New Tabs

1. Terminal App -- New Tabs - Similar Threads - Terminal App Tabs

2. Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens: Hello, I recently got a new laptop Asus Zenbook 2023. There have been multiple terminal tabs that repeatedly open. I am unable to interact with these terminal tabs and I am also unable to close them. The terminal tabs are transparent and have no text. The only way I can close...
  3. Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens: Hello, I recently got a new laptop Asus Zenbook 2023. There have been multiple terminal tabs that repeatedly open. I am unable to interact with these terminal tabs and I am also unable to close them. The terminal tabs are transparent and have no text. The only way I can close...
  4. Windows Terminal app keeps starting new instances

Windows Terminal app keeps starting new instances: After a recent update Windows Terminal app keeps starting new instances of itself. I had turned on autostart for the Terminal app and it has been working correctly for some time. Though it would start two instances. I also turned on Administrative mode so that it ask to...
  5. terminating an app

terminating an app: I've accidentally terminated xbox game bar on my computer and now I am not able to delete this application. Is there any way for me to delete an app after it has been terminated?...
  6. New Microsoft Terminal

New Microsoft Terminal: How can I customize Windows Terminal? I watched some Youtube Tutorials but they all had profiles.json but I do not have that. When I open the dropdown menu and click settings It does not open profiles.json, It opens settings.json....
  7. Terminating an app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Terminating an app: Hi im wondering how i can stop task manager/resource monitor from terminating an app cause when i try and launch a game it works on it for about 5 seconds then instantly suspends and terminates it is there a way to stop resource monitor from terminating a certain app...
  8. Why Can't I Terminate XBOX GAME BAR & Wild Tangent Apps. from Tabs in Apps. The Terminate...

Why Can't I Terminate XBOX GAME BAR & Wild Tangent Apps. from Tabs in Apps. The Terminate...: Can anyone assist me? The Terminate Button for the Gaming Bar is inop. Why is it there if it is inoperative? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-terminate-xbox-game-bar-wild-tangent/3e9f13a0-4469-44e3-838d-20b8db6aa8e4
  9. New tab in terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New tab in terminal: Maybe I’m stupid but how can I open a new tab in windows terminal? (cmd +T in Mac OS) Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/julanteria [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw74kz/new_tab_in_terminal/
  10. New Terminal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Terminal: Hello, i downloaded the new Windows 10 Terminal from GitHub to test it out. But i know nothing about Visual Studio. Could you walk me through how to get it compiled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-terminal/84b581dd-b379-4f1e-a391-5faf66f507a1"