Windows 10: Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing

Discus and support Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not happy with the way Libraries collects and displays files. The collection rules are far too broad, I already know where I put my files, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave1310, May 9, 2022.

1. Dave1310 Win User

Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing

I'm not happy with the way Libraries collects and displays files. The collection rules are far too broad, I already know where I put my files, and it has to be using resources my already slower system would really like to have back. So, my question is 2 part.Is libraries just an index? It doesn't actually duplicate the files, I wouldn't think. If that is correct, can the indexing function be permanently terminated? I don't care if the module exists or if the folders it created still exist, as I can delete the contents. I just want my operating system to cease doing searches and indexing that

:)

Dave1310, May 9, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 9, 2022
  3. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 9, 2022
  4. Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing

windows 10 indexing window empty, advanced button not working

Hi Andre,

thanks for the reply but none of the suggested actions is applicable

• troubleshoot wizard says no issues
    • search UI process had been already terminated, pc rebooted, no solution
    • rebuilding the search index needs the 'advanced' button to work, but this is exactly part of the problem, as described in my original post

AndreaCampi, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing

1. Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing - Similar Threads - Terminate Libraries Indexing

2. Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries": Hello, so I'm trying to move my music over to the Windows 11 Media Player. I like the layout and design, but it's proving really troublesome to move my files over to it. If I remove all the files and only add a single folder, it goes smoothly and quickly. The folder gets...
  3. Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries": Hello, so I'm trying to move my music over to the Windows 11 Media Player. I like the layout and design, but it's proving really troublesome to move my files over to it. If I remove all the files and only add a single folder, it goes smoothly and quickly. The folder gets...
  4. Windows 10 Professional Indexing - Gather process termination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Professional Indexing - Gather process termination: Windows 10 indexing is abnormally slow repeatedly pausing. Have performed various checks and tasks. Problem continues.In Windows event viewer - application - there are repeated yellow triangle warnings.For many the Source is "search" and the Task Category is "Gatherer". Some...
  5. Windows 10 Professional Indexing - Gather process termination

Windows 10 Professional Indexing - Gather process termination: Windows 10 indexing is abnormally slow repeatedly pausing. Have performed various checks and tasks. Problem continues.In Windows event viewer - application - there are repeated yellow triangle warnings.For many the Source is "search" and the Task Category is "Gatherer". Some...
  6. Windows 10 Professional Indexing - Gather process termination

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing: I'm not happy with the way Libraries collects and displays files. The collection rules are far too broad, I already know where I put my files, and it has to be using resources my already slower system would really like to have back. So, my question is 2 part.Is libraries just...
  8. Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing

Terminate Windows Libraries Indexing: I'm not happy with the way Libraries collects and displays files. The collection rules are far too broad, I already know where I put my files, and it has to be using resources my already slower system would really like to have back. So, my question is 2 part.Is libraries just...
  9. Windows 10 Indexing by Library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Indexing by Library: I'm looking for a way in Windows 10 to only search by library and only search 3 libraries. I want to be able to hit the Windows key, type a search term and only have results from Music, a custom library for full albums, and Video and nothing else. Is this possible?...
  10. Disable Adding Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Adding Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10: How to: Disable Adding Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10 Enable or Disable Adding Locations on Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want...