Windows 10: Terminating an app

Discus and support Terminating an app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi im wondering how i can stop task manager/resource monitor from terminating an app cause when i try and launch a game it works on it for about 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lachie_196, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Terminating an app

Hi im wondering how i can stop task manager/resource monitor from terminating an app

cause when i try and launch a game it works on it for about 5 seconds then instantly suspends and terminates it

is there a way to stop resource monitor from terminating a certain app cause i launch the game from file explorer hoping for some help to try and fix or stop this

Regards

:)

Lachie_196, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Terminating an app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
  3. SK123 Win User
    Termination of app

What does terminating an app do?Is it similar to uninstalling that app?Actually windows 10 has lots of app that is of no use like Map, Windows 3d builder etc. Some of them I removed while some I was unable since there was no option to uninstall. Instead
    there was an option to terminate. So I was thinking terminating and uninstalling those unused apps might reduce load on system. Is it good to terminate those apps?

SK123, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Terminating an app

Windows Terminal Preview v0.9 for Windows 10 scheduled for Feb. 11

Source: Windows Terminal Status Updates . Issue #3600 . microsoft/terminal . GitHub

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Terminating an app

1. Terminating an app - Similar Threads - Terminating app

2. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  3. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  4. Notepad, Paint, and Terminal cannot start the second time unless reset the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad, Paint, and Terminal cannot start the second time unless reset the app: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and found the new Notepad and Paint app amazing. These apps started successfully the first time after installation, but then they could not be opened the second time saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file"....
  5. Notepad, Paint, and Terminal cannot start the second time unless reset the app

Notepad, Paint, and Terminal cannot start the second time unless reset the app: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and found the new Notepad and Paint app amazing. These apps started successfully the first time after installation, but then they could not be opened the second time saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file"....
  6. how to get terminated apps back?windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get terminated apps back?windows11: i recentally struggled to open minecraft and while that was happening i accidentally terminated the microsoft games app!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-terminated-apps-backwindows11/b4e2c60c-4911-43ba-9270-b30f04ae9d97
  7. how to get terminated apps back?windows11

how to get terminated apps back?windows11: i recentally struggled to open minecraft and while that was happening i accidentally terminated the microsoft games app!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-terminated-apps-backwindows11/b4e2c60c-4911-43ba-9270-b30f04ae9d97
  8. Terminate Phone Link App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminate Phone Link App: What are the ramifications of my terminating the phone link app and its related processes?I don't have an Android phone nor do I plan on getting one... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminate-phone-link-app/48dc210c-dad0-40e9-bc89-9b1095c04a3d
  9. Terminate Phone Link App

Terminate Phone Link App: What are the ramifications of my terminating the phone link app and its related processes?I don't have an Android phone nor do I plan on getting one... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminate-phone-link-app/48dc210c-dad0-40e9-bc89-9b1095c04a3d
  10. Windows Terminal app keeps starting new instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Terminal app keeps starting new instances: After a recent update Windows Terminal app keeps starting new instances of itself. I had turned on autostart for the Terminal app and it has been working correctly for some time. Though it would start two instances. I also turned on Administrative mode so that it ask to...