Windows 10: Terminating Cortana -- the risks of doing so

Discus and support Terminating Cortana -- the risks of doing so in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello- Questions related to terminating Cortana have been asked many times on this blog. One response mentioned the risks associated with... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by OKDonethat, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Terminating Cortana -- the risks of doing so

Hello-

Questions related to terminating Cortana have been asked many times on this blog. One response mentioned the risks associated with Cortana's deactivation.

This question is about obtaining more details and understanding concerning these risks -- the unforeseen consequences of taking this step.

- What is the impact on the overall performance of your machine?

- Are the risks of terminating Cortana limited only to users of Bing?

- What else do we need to know about taking this step?

Thank you.

:)

OKDonethat, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Terminating Cortana -- the risks of doing so

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Terminating Cortana -- the risks of doing so

1. Terminating Cortana -- the risks of doing so - Similar Threads - Terminating Cortana risks

2. Hardware risks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hardware risks: I Downloaded a video from i think a not legit site by mistake, i'am worried about any hardware risk on my pc or maybe they can hack me and get passwords and that stuff.Any advises?...
  3. Windows Terminal with acrylic is so pretty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Terminal with acrylic is so pretty: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vaporr_mp4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mkgq1a/windows_terminal_with_acrylic_is_so_pretty/
  4. Why is cortana so useless?

in Cortana
    Why is cortana so useless?: it has NONE of the documented functionality. Notebook for example, ANYTHING that comes back from HELP, if you type it in, cortana just says "I cant do that" What is the point of this POS? where are the configuration instructions if these are needed?...
  5. PC at Risk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC at Risk: my stuff is at risk I had a virus and said my that my privacy is in danger [Original Title: viruse] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pc-at-risk/0f42cf89-d2d9-4c32-ba96-1d542e820f84
  6. risk 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    risk 2: how do you download it in the windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/risk-2/c3e04577-2e54-481b-aaa2-08657bae1c49
  7. Risk Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Risk Game: Encore game Risk ran great until last update. Now I get the message below. I went through all the Compatibility Settings and no luck. Is there anything else I can do? I really enjoy this game. [ATTACH]...
  8. Risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Risk: I just bought risk from the microsoft store on my pc and now it wont let me install it on my device. Is there anything i can change to make it install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/risk/31de6d96-8c96-4dfe-abff-b30f6ea70d14
  9. Kaspersky Risks?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kaspersky Risks?: Here is another story on Kaspersky software today - Google for UK spymasters raise suspicions over Kaspersky software’s Russia links I've had concerns for some time and have now decided to remove Kaspersky software from my PCs. This is a shame since Kaspersky antivirus...
  10. What do you think Of Cortana so far ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think Of Cortana so far ?: Hi I hope Microsoft will have some updates to download to in prove Cortana on some of the stuffed I asked I would not open and send me on the Internet. I ask Cortana to open Device manager it wouldn't open it. Thank you 17867

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will terminating cortana remove it