Windows 10: Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10.

Discus and support Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 regularly terminates legitimate programs/apps that I've installed to run permanently permanently while my computer is switched on, like for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by annaniemand, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10.

Windows 10 regularly terminates legitimate programs/apps that I've installed to run permanently permanently while my computer is switched on, like for instance AnVir Task Manager. I've adjusted Anvir Task Manager to run on start-up. It's very frustrating and I'm not willing to use the "start fresh" option or some standard generic solution. Windows 10 is not supposed to shut down legitimate apps without permission of the computer's administrator.

:)

annaniemand, Sep 12, 2018

2. Terminate WPF/Windows forms applications....

Application.Shutdown Method (System.Windows)

Application.Current.Shutdown()

WPF is just a displayer of data. If you want to "compare the content" then you should compare the underlying, databound collections. Copying and pasting is also performed via the databound collections.

Edit: Technically the correct method to terminate an application is to end all threads...

In console programs, the thread that runs the console is the main thread. Close the application by making sure nothing is keeping the main thread open (e.g. Console.ReadKey() or close all worker threads).

In WinForms and WPF programs, the thread that runs the main form is the main thread. Call this.Close() from within the form to gracefully terminate the application. If there are worker threads that are busy, make sure to close them before calling this.Close().

All applications gracefully terminate when all their threads are closed. The only scenario where Shutdown(), Exit(), or similar should be called is in the case of major, unrecoverable error.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 12, 2018
  3. MrSeanKon Win User
    Terminate WPF/Windows forms applications....

WPF has no concept of MDI applications. In fact Microsoft is trying to discourage any one using that form of application. I'm new to WPF and I really like MDI applications. It allows me to move quickly between windows and compare the content of different windows. Furthermore, sometime the content of one window is useful for another so I can copy and paste. I think it's a great user experience for working mode.
    To continue, download the attachment!
    It includes two folders, they are very simple code.
    The point is how you can terminate an application (Windows Form and WPF).

MrSeanKon, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10.

1. Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Termination programs applications

2. windows terminal not working in visual studio code application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows terminal not working in visual studio code application: windows terminal not working in visual studio code application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-terminal-not-working-in-visual-studio-code/b989e787-ce9d-4c76-9ae0-deb99fa7d924
  3. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application: Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows...
  4. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application: Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows...
  5. How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows Terminal includes Command Prompt, PowerShell, and some other command-line interpreter tools and makes it easier for the user to switch between them, as you can just change tabs to use the tool of your choice. That’s why many users want to set Windows Terminal...
  6. How to shut down a program that will not terminate.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to shut down a program that will not terminate.: I have a Sked Program on windows like use c:\mypathtoIE\iexpore.exe and http://mydomain.com/mypage.htmit runs fine.. but the IE will not shut down after its run and stays running... I have the Sked pgm set to terminate the program if running when time for the next on.. but it...
  7. How to resume terminated programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to resume terminated programs: How to resume terminated processes [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resume-terminated-programs/94914ed9-42dd-477c-a20c-4c61f12f79bd
  8. click ok to terminate the program

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    click ok to terminate the program: Every now and then I sign in and I get an error code and a message " click ok to terminate the program." Should I be worried? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/click-ok-to-terminate-the-program/ec0d1534-8ffb-49e4-95f4-d7e05317bf46
  9. "Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an...

"Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an...: I started getting the following error after I uninstalled some programs. "Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team." I am not sure what program this happened with....
  10. Some programs are terminated without concent

Some programs are terminated without concent: I think it is Windows 10 that I can blame for terminating legitimate programs and apps while my PC is turned on. For instance, AnVir Task Manager is adjusted to run on start up. I dislike it and don’t want to use the "start fresh" option or any other generic solutions. Why...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy and paste abnormal termination windowss 10