Windows 10: Terminology guide for Windows 10 and listing of new names for old terms.

Discus and support Terminology guide for Windows 10 and listing of new names for old terms. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently deleted a box with "Mail" (understood to be called a "Tile") to the right of the start menu items list and it was subsequently deleted but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D.Charner, Oct 29, 2019.

1. D.Charner Win User

Terminology guide for Windows 10 and listing of new names for old terms.

I recently deleted a box with "Mail" (understood to be called a "Tile") to the right of the start menu items list and it was subsequently deleted but from the menu list as well. A great deal of time was wasted because the Microsoft "Advocate" kept repeating the understanding that I wanted the "Tile" back. I still don't know whether Microsoft defines any writing inside a box as a "Tile" or what I have called generically Menu items. It would be useful if there was a link to the latest list available on the Support pages.

:)

D.Charner, Oct 29, 2019
  2. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Terminology guide for Windows 10 and listing of new names for old terms. - Similar Threads - Terminology guide listing

2. Problem with tech terminology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with tech terminology: The problem is that I am just another John Q. Public, and have NO degrees, in computer programming.Yet Microsoft, and other companies, keep sending me messages, which only degreedprogrammers can understand.How do I instruct Microsoft to stop sending me degreed messages, and...
  3. Problem with tech terminology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with tech terminology: The problem is that I am just another John Q. Public, and have NO degrees, in computer programming.Yet Microsoft, and other companies, keep sending me messages, which only degreedprogrammers can understand.How do I instruct Microsoft to stop sending me degreed messages, and...
  4. Problem with tech terminology

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search Bar Terminology

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar Terminology: Hi,I wanted to ask whether it would be possible to change or rename for the sake of clarity.When you refine a search you search by Type: Calendar, Music, Note, Picture etc. However, when it is in search bar it is written as "kind:music" rather than "type:music", I just wanted...
  6. Windows Security Worm terminology

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Worm terminology: I installed an old thumb drive and got a worm notification. One was "quarantined" and I deleted it. The other Worm:VBS/Slogod.E said "failed" I don't know if that means the worm failed to activate, or windows security failed to contain the threat. A scan of my device by...
  7. Terminology Issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Terminology Issue?: Are programs in windows 10 home on my desktop computer suppose to be referred to as apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminology-issue/129dc333-e101-49f2-aa00-4e6070e93794
  8. New terms of service change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New terms of service change: I asked this before a while ago and got some info but nothing etched in stone. I know of the new update to the terms of service that go in effect today(august 30th 2019). I logged into my Microsoft account and went to activity section in my account management page and i did...
  9. Terminology (names) for standard Windows icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Terminology (names) for standard Windows icons: In searching for information, and in writing documentation for myself, I'd like to know the correct names with which to refer to standard Windows 10 icons. Some I've found more or less accidentally by just browsing documentation (e.g. the 'Task View' icon), but others I...
  10. CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10: How to: CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10 Complete List of Windows 10 CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts A CLSID is a globally unique identifier that identifies a COM class object. For more information about a CLSID key and the function of it's subkeys in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 new terms