Windows 10: Terrible Customer Service In Response to Windows 10 Update Bug

Discus and support Terrible Customer Service In Response to Windows 10 Update Bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer updated with the new Windows 10 update on the evening of February 16th. Up until that point, my computer was working perfectly normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JordanPA2020, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Terrible Customer Service In Response to Windows 10 Update Bug

My computer updated with the new Windows 10 update on the evening of February 16th. Up until that point, my computer was working perfectly normally. When I went to use my computer on February 17th it would power on but would boot up appropriately, giving a blue screen. I called Windows IT support for help that evening and after being on hold for roughly 30 minutes someone tried to walk me through various different steps to fix my computer. Unfortunately none of these steps worked to fix my computer and I was provided with a case number and told I was being escalated to Level 2 support. They "tried" to "live escalate" me to level 2 support but after almost 1 hour on hold, I was told they could not connect me with Level 2 support and they would have to call me back at a time of my choosing. I picked 8pm the following evening, because of work commitments. On night 2 of trying to fix my computer, I sat waiting for a phone call for 1 hour. After 1 hour I called them back, again having to go through all of the intake information as no direct line was provided to me, even after I requested it, they immediately apologized and said someone would call me within the hour. No phone call took place. On night 3 of trying to fix my computer I again had to call and go through the intake information as I still did not have a direct line for customer support for Level 2. I was on the phone for almost 1 hour, explaining again that I was just trying to reach Level 2 support, and I was told they would live escalate me again, which again failed. They then promised someone would call me back within 30 minutes. I reluctantly hung up the phone, waiting for a phone call which did not happen. I called back after waiting for 1 hour and spent almost 2 hours on the phone, again going through the intake information, explaining my case again, and trying to advocate for myself and my case. Despite multiple attempts at explaining my work schedule and my availability for level 2 support, I was not connected with the appropriate support team to fix my computer, and was given the same repetitive but unhelpful "customer service", spending most of my time on hold, listening to hold music. On the 4th night, I was not able to call because of late work hours and Microsoft support called me and said they were sorry to have missed me, but this was their attempt to help me and I needed to escalate again myself if I wanted assistance. I did not try to call on the 5th night as I knew I was furious and would not have a productive conversation. On the 6th day, I called during the day to schedule a callback time as they had repeatedly told me the only way Level 2 support can help me is by scheduling a call back time. I selected a time and they promised me a 30 minute window. After waiting for 45 minutes with no help and no phone call received, I took the initiative for the 4th time this week, to call, go through the intake information again, and was promised my call would be picked up in the next hour. I then proceeded to sit on hold for 2 hours with no response.

Microsoft customer service is hands down the worst I have ever dealt with. They have no respect for your time and inconvenience after their error, take no ownership for their mistake in their upgrade, and do not follow through on any of their promises to help.

Has any body found any way to fix their mistake without having to use their "customer service"?

:)

JordanPA2020, Feb 22, 2020
  2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Feb 22, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 22, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Terrible Customer Service In Response to Windows 10 Update Bug

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Terrible Customer Service In Response to Windows 10 Update Bug

1. Terrible Customer Service In Response to Windows 10 Update Bug - Similar Threads - Terrible Customer Service

2. **** Customer service are terrible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    **** Customer service are terrible.: Apps and programs are invisible on the task barjust as throughout the system. But you can roight click in the "empty" space and the dialogue willt tell you it there. Is there a damn human working ?...
  3. Windows update is terrible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update is terrible: I have encountered this 3 times already and still not fixed and now my laptop is stucked in acer logo with spinning circle below it. This is the third time already. My warranty is way past now. I can’t install another windows because it is too expensive. I paid the second...
  4. [SOLVED] Which services are responsible for Windows Update on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [SOLVED] Which services are responsible for Windows Update on Windows 10?: I use a 3rd party firewall and anti malware solution, and i use it on "Whitelist mode"only connections following the rule set can establish a connection. And i noticed that whenever i have an update it shows up but never download, they are stuck on Preparing 0% but i still...
  5. Which services are responsible for Windows Update on Windows 10?

Which services are responsible for Windows Update on Windows 10?: I use a 3rd party firewall and anti malware solution, and i use it on "Whitelist mode"only connections following the rule set can establish a connection. And i noticed that whenever i have an update it shows up but never download, they are stuck on Preparing 0%, i already...
  6. Terrible customer support

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Terrible customer support: Upon purchasing a Surface Pro 7 bundle back in May, I was disappointed to find that the tablet screen regularly turned black arbitrarily, requiring me to force restart it several times a day. Upon negotiating an exchange, one agent suggested I only return the tablet as it was...
  7. Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug: Hi, I develop custom animated cursors as a part of my hobby as a graphic designer. They were all working fine 'till version 1809 update came in November 2018. Up until now, the bug is still persistent with the latest Windows version; 1909. Back before 1809, the animation on...
  8. Terrible support service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terrible support service: Unfortunately am facing a problem with Microsoft Mail app for the past 3 days , where I used to have my gmail accounts setup on , suddenly it stopped working well, I had to delete the app and reinstall again for more than 5 times, and yet I could let again add my email...
  9. Windows 10 customer service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 customer service: Does Window 10 customer services call you direct, to let you know you have been hacked ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-customer-service/644b2394-5a0a-4582-add2-a88ec278aa45
  10. Windows Activation - Terrible Service.

Windows Activation - Terrible Service.: G'day i recently built a new system and i'm having trouble activating my windows. I have been trying to talk to a human about the issue but you have simply removed that option from your support website so I use the useless robot that tells me I can talk to a human then...