Windows 10: TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JT Graphics, Aug 24, 2020.

1. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not solved anything. I have emptied Temp and %Temp% files. Internet extremely slow, too, though I realize this is not Windows' fault but it makes trying to find solution online very frustrating.

:)

JT Graphics, Aug 24, 2020

2. Terrible performance with latest windows 10 update on Lenovo Laptop

Since you have completed most of the steps on the list on how we can improve the PC performance in Windows 10, we can now check the components on your laptop. This is to make sure that the Windows Update is calibrated with the hardware on your laptop.
    This
    link
    contains an article by Andre Da Costa, wherein he listed on how to determine if the PC is compatible with the Windows 10. Please check if your Windows 10 has now the version 1709 by pressing
    Win + R then type winver. Select your OEM on the list and check if Lenovo has an update for the drivers on your laptop. You may also need Lenovo to assist you if there's an update with your laptop's system BIOS.

Regards.

Emmanuel Gam, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

1. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - TERRIBLE performance following

2. Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update: Following last night’s update, I cannot l login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password and it has me sign into my Microsoft account when I try to login, and then it says something about setting up a Windows Hello pin (I already have a password) and after...
  3. Project IGI's terrible performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Project IGI's terrible performance.: I remember playing Project IGI on my older Windows 7 device with 1gb ram and some old intel's dual core processor and it used to run flawlessly,if i remember correctly. However, in my other device with windows 10 First the game didn't even started showing some error which i...
  4. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  5. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  6. Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Latest update on my laptop..terrible: Help Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders like pictures are empty. Had to find them with a *.jpg search. How do I reset this so it sticks. This is like having...
  7. Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation: I reinstalled Windows on my ASUS Zenbooks (UX303LN) but performance is terrible - the system often freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performance-is-terrible-after-windows/f465e1b4-04a0-4a3f-99ee-7e101a61a6da
  8. BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

BSOD Following Latest Windows Update: I'm in a bit of a pickle in that the latest Update killed my rig. I get a stop report BSOD and Windows won't even boot. Back in the day, I would have just grabbed the Windows 7 DVD, re-installed and off I go. But I don't have a Windows 10 DVD and the licence key I have is...
  9. Windows 10 terrible performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 terrible performance issues: So I had a Windows 7 Professional, and yesterday I installed Windows 10, clean installation, not an upgrade. I downloaded CS:GO, and when I went in for a couple of rounds, I noticed a terrible lag. First thing I did was turn off Game DVR. Didn't help. Increased virtual...
  10. [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance: Hello fellow forum members. Since the update from 14393.693 to 14393.953 I am experiencing very bad performance in several games (Grim Dawn, CS:GO). Alhough more testing is needed the difference is quite noticeable all across the board. Any ideas? Nothing else was...