Windows 10: terrible slow boot

Discus and support terrible slow boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I gave Windows 10 another chance after March update and tried a VM so I upgraded main Windows 8.1 to 10 build 10041 Bios-> windows logo for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by derek10, Apr 11, 2015.

1. derek10 Win User

terrible slow boot

I gave Windows 10 another chance after March update and tried a VM so I upgraded main Windows 8.1 to 10 build 10041

Bios-> windows logo for some seconds->black screen for 10 minutes->desktop

While on the black screen, the HD light is constantly on. After desktop everything is fine. On windows 8.1 it took less than a minute to boot.

I will defrag and see, meanwhile any suggestion is welcome. Thank you

:)

derek10, Apr 11, 2015

2. Slow restart after win10 upgrade.

I had the same issue. Mine was TERRIBLE!!. This article helped me a little , although not totally. How to fix windows 10 slow boot
    issues

KelvinOgwu, Apr 11, 2015
  3. Jasonut Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update... slow internet.

I have the same issues and trying to find a solution.

Creators Update has made my PC terribly slow.

1. Slow to boot

2. It freezes randomly.

3. Programs slow to load.

4. I started getting BSOD's

Computer worked flawlessly prior to this update.

I even formatted the computer and completed clean install. Still slow. Still freezes. However, I don't get BSOD's anymore.

PC is so slow with Creator update it is unusable.

Jasonut, Apr 11, 2015
  4. derek10 Win User

terrible slow boot

defrag an disk cleanup did nothing.
    Happens when rebooting and not booting from shutdown

Will try build 10049 as I noticed I had a old one

derek10, Apr 12, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Build 10049 is the last official build that MS dropped. Using the newer ones is a bit more risky since they're leaks and not as fully tested out as the official ones. Try to perform a clean install and see what happens.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 12, 2015
  6. derek10 Win User
    Thank you. I am in the fast ring. I will mostly do it as the installation of 10049 failed (Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900106: fbl_impressive 10049 Professional.). I will try a second time and if fails then make an ISO and try a clean install *Wink

update: noticed I had only 10GB free. Maybe it was the problem. I removed a bit and now I have 30, hope now works and see if it fixes the slow boot if not then clean install

derek10, Apr 12, 2015
  7. derek10 Win User
    WTH is installing a new build so SLOW?!?! 5 hours and still only on 23%. A clean install takes no more than 30 min. I will exit fast ring NOW

derek10, Apr 12, 2015
  8. derek10 Win User

terrible slow boot

Installed 10049, still 10 minutes boot time with HD light on.

Does W10 require now a SSD or ultra fast HD or what

derek10, Apr 13, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Either. . .in other words use what you want. . . I am using a SSD. . .*Smile

10. usasma Win User
    The latest BIOS for your mobo dates from 2012. Although Gigabyte supports Win8.1 on it, I have to wonder if there's an issue that makes it incompatible w/Win10.

10 gB free definitely isn't enough. This page says you must have a minimum of 16 gB free: System requirements - Microsoft Windows

Also, if you only have 16 gB free, the system will not respond well and will get even slower as you add things to it.

usasma, Apr 13, 2015
  11. derek10 Win User
    Good for you... I can only use the ancient slow laptop HD mentioned in my sig. But windows 8.1 and previous did boot way faster.

Thank you. Now I have 40 GB after disk cleanup removed 20 GB (LOL) and uninstalled some apps. I hope this is enough for win 10tp.
    I have the latest BIOS, hope my mb is compatible with 10 even unofficially!

derek10, Apr 13, 2015
  12. derek10 Win User
    Reverted back to Windows 7. I will try W10 again when it's released.

derek10, Apr 13, 2015
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

terrible slow boot

Next time you should check in Event 100 of Eventvwr > Details tab what process holds things up. Event 100 you find when you drill down this chain:

Eventvwr
    Applications and Service Logs
    Microsoft
    Windows
    Diagnostics - performance
    Operational
    Event ID 100

14. Something weird is happening with your PC and W10. *Confused

Now that you have reinstalled W7, download VMware Player, install W10TP in that and check the boot time.

I'm running my W10TP VM on Linux Mint 17.1 Host.
    The boot time was ~20 seconds when it was "empty", but now that I have installed a handful of programs it's ~55 seconds.

lehnerus2000, Apr 14, 2015
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
    Yeah right. I run W10TP also in VMware Player on a W7 host and my boot time is 23 seconds.

terrible slow boot [​IMG]

Thema:

terrible slow boot

1. terrible slow boot - Similar Threads - terrible slow boot

2. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot: Hello everyonePlease I need help, in windows 7, I know it's dated but the 'starting windows logo' part takes way longer after installing a lot of performance and sercuirty updates, welcome part is pretty fast but starting windows takes around 2 minutes, please help. Deleting...
  3. Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s: My DNS name resolution when visiting websites is very slow average 11 s.Typically this happens with web searching and links to unvisited sites. But I also suffer when I access a webapp like microsoft's outlook.office.com.The interface is quick and responsive, but the data...
  4. Terrible slow shutdown!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Terrible slow shutdown!: I don't have any problem with my PC, but since last windows upgrade (from 20H2 to 21H1) shutdown is too slow. I tried many solutions but nothing helped. How to fix it? 177039
  5. my boot screen is in terrible quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    my boot screen is in terrible quality: so a while ago my boot screen has been in terrible quality here is what it looks like https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/ma8eml/windows_boot_screen_is_in_really_low_quality/ and yes i did ask reddit first. ive ran many anti virus scans with avast windows defender etc,...
  6. Slow boot

Slow boot: Please, my booting very slow, what can i do to it to make boot faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-boot/31aa9b5a-44ac-4968-a391-e0753744d8d9
  7. slow boot

slow boot: hello everyone, the build number of the system is 19042.546 ssd on the slot m2 is patriot viper vpn 100 1 TB i am sending the file from windows performance recorder it happens from the second start after a clean installation link here...
  8. Photos terribly slow to delete

Photos terribly slow to delete: I am a novice here. My computer recently updated to Windows 10, but even before then I believe it took a LONGtime minutes to delete and try to move pictures to a flash drive. I am moving/deleting photos to try to free up some disc space. The disc has minimum free space. Is...
  9. OneDrive is sooo terribly slow

OneDrive is sooo terribly slow: MS sells Office 365 including 1TB OneDrive space (per account) However, my experience is that it is incredibly slow. For a limited number of files, OneDrive may be okay, but it has significant issues (at least with me here) handling larger number of files. It is...
  10. Terrible terrible support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Terrible terrible support.: I called this number Call a toll free number: (800) 642 7676 / TDD/TTY 800 892-5234 I asked "I want some answer about windows 10 IOT" She said "This is the close time right now" it's 9 PM in US of A (and I think it close 10) So I told her that it's not then she...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. terrible slow boot