Windows 10: Terrible slow shutdown!

Discus and support Terrible slow shutdown! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't have any problem with my PC, but since last windows upgrade (from 20H2 to 21H1) shutdown is too slow. I tried many solutions but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by uco73, May 4, 2021.

1. uco73 Win User

Terrible slow shutdown!

I don't have any problem with my PC, but since last windows upgrade (from 20H2 to 21H1) shutdown is too slow. I tried many solutions but nothing helped. How to fix it?

:)

uco73, May 4, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Terrible slow shutdown!

Hi there
    I think a number of us have had performance issues with some of the latest builds of W10.
    The only thing I can suggest is to switch off indexing, see if your paging file isn't over allocated -especially on slow and / or nearly full HDD's, ensure you are only running the minimum number of required processes and switch off any sort of "Hibernation" options.

If that fails - perhaps a new install is the only solution.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 5, 2021
  3. derek10 Win User
    terrible slow boot

hmmmm... Can you please run HDTune on it if it is still there?

Terrible slow shutdown! [​IMG]

Even if it's IDE, it may be faster (especially if it's a desktop one) *Biggrin, less latency, more continuous throughput, etc

derek10, May 5, 2021
  4. uco73 Win User

Terrible slow shutdown!

Terrible slow shutdown!

I don't have any problem with my PC, but since last windows upgrade (from 20H2 to 21H1) shutdown is too slow. I tried many solutions but nothing helped. How to fix it?

uco73, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Terrible slow shutdown!

1. Terrible slow shutdown! - Similar Threads - Terrible slow shutdown

2. Slow Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown: Hello everyone my laptop was fine but today when i shut it down there were two or three apps which were preventing to shutdown. Two closed so quickly that i couldnt even see the name while one was realtek audio service which also closed quickly. Any fix for this because this...
  3. slow shutdown

slow shutdown: just happened today it took me 10 mins to shutdown idk what I did Im just playing games when i had enough i closed my pc it took me 10 mins to shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-shutdown/0c4677be-7179-41d0-9584-4457d8c88f95
  4. Slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow startup and slow shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine. I disabled all junk...
  5. Slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow shutdown: I've recently upgraded to the 2004 build and since doing so everthing is fine except when i shutdown, before i didnt even have time to reach out to turn the monitor off , now it seems to take quite a while, I've done a Google search for the problem, and tried what was...
  6. Photos terribly slow to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos terribly slow to delete: I am a novice here. My computer recently updated to Windows 10, but even before then I believe it took a LONGtime minutes to delete and try to move pictures to a flash drive. I am moving/deleting photos to try to free up some disc space. The disc has minimum free space. Is...
  7. Slow Shutdown Process

Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...
  8. OneDrive is sooo terribly slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is sooo terribly slow: MS sells Office 365 including 1TB OneDrive space (per account) However, my experience is that it is incredibly slow. For a limited number of files, OneDrive may be okay, but it has significant issues (at least with me here) handling larger number of files. It is...
  9. slow shutdown -- GDI+

slow shutdown -- GDI+: during shutdown, I get message that GDI+ is open, and is delaying the shutdown process what I tried: I ran troubleshooter/power, it just reset the power options to default, but did not solve the problem I ran sfc/scannow, it did not find any integrity violations. 62631
  10. terrible slow boot

in Windows 10 Support
    terrible slow boot: I gave Windows 10 another chance after March update and tried a VM so I upgraded main Windows 8.1 to 10 build 10041 Bios-> windows logo for some seconds->black screen for 10 minutes->desktop While on the black screen, the HD light is constantly on. After desktop...