Windows 10: Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

Discus and support Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after replacing hardware and re installing windows i'm 100% sure of the driver that is causing my issue which is 5 minute boot times on a SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelMano, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

So after replacing hardware and re installing windows i'm 100% sure of the driver that is causing my issue which is 5 minute boot times on a SSD and freezing after 1 hour or so.

When I go into device manager and uninstall Intel R Management engine under System Devices and put windows 10 updates on hold It works perfectly for 7 days that the updates are on hold.

But even when I have my update settings set to NOT INSTALL DRIVERS it installs that driver.... then this happens all over again...

I've tried tracking down the driver to see if I can install the latest version and it still happens.

Is there a way for windows to do what I told it to and not install this broken driver which has been causing me headaches for so long that im actually posting on the windows forum.

:)

MichaelMano, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 13, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

Constant freeze up on Vista Ultimate X64

Every time I started running my windows media player 11, the system freezes up. It used to run well. I don't know what is wrong with it. Does any of you have suggestions? Thanks!!!!!

xkm1948, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

1. Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver - Similar Threads - Terrible start constant

2. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. How to stop windows from deleting constantly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop windows from deleting constantly?: About 30 minutes ago, I was working CAD software and content I was trying to add kept getting deleted. Then Windows is asking me to confirm I want to delete the Excel file I had open. I clicked No at least 6 times. Then in Outlook all my emails for the past 2 days deleted...
  5. Windows Book 2 constantly freezing after start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Book 2 constantly freezing after start-up: A few days ago, my Surface Book 2 started freezing up a minute or two after a normal boot/start-up. I can't actually use it for long enough to try updating the drivers with files on a USB key or to reset the Windows installation. Booting up in Safe Mode is stable. I can use...
  6. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows From Installing Drivers: I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in sounds being played with external speakers. Good news is, you can just remove the garbage realtek ones and use the generic AC97...
  7. How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?: Hello, Does anyone know how I can stop Windows Updates from automatically downloading and installing device drivers? I've used several registry hacks and the wushowhide.diagcab; however, so far, it doesn't seem to have worked. Windows Update insists on automatically...
  8. How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly?: Good morning, My computer (ASUS Windows 10 PC) is suddenly acting up (I tried to be detailed in case I needed to be): Freezes up a lot. It's not the typical full-white-page type of freezing, and it's not just the browser or current program. The entire screen will just...
  9. boot times and constant computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    boot times and constant computer freeze: i bought a new dell laptop 2 weeks ago .i Its a dell laptop 4 gigs of ram.The cpu is an Intel i-7 and 320 hard drive. problem long boot time 3-4 minutes sometimes longer. the only programs i run is u torrent , Firefox, opera and bs player. The programs usually freeze for 2-3...
  10. Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.: My computer will lock up constantly for several seconds at a time. At first I thought it was just with games but now I notice that it does it with everything. I've run my anti-virus (Avast!), chkdsk, sfc /scannow and I've defraged but the problem persists. I was looking up a...