Windows 10: Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

Discus and support Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after replacing hardware and re installing windows i'm 100% sure of the driver that is causing my issue which is 5 minute boot times on a SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelMano, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

So after replacing hardware and re installing windows i'm 100% sure of the driver that is causing my issue which is 5 minute boot times on a SSD and freezing after 1 hour or so.

When I go into device manager and uninstall Intel R Management engine under System Devices and put windows 10 updates on hold It works perfectly for 7 days that the updates are on hold.

But even when I have my update settings set to NOT INSTALL DRIVERS it installs that driver.... then this happens all over again...

I've tried tracking down the driver to see if I can install the latest version and it still happens.

Is there a way for windows to do what I told it to and not install this broken driver which has been causing me headaches for so long that im actually posting on the windows forum.

:)

MichaelMano, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 13, 2019
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

Constant freeze up on Vista Ultimate X64

Every time I started running my windows media player 11, the system freezes up. It used to run well. I don't know what is wrong with it. Does any of you have suggestions? Thanks!!!!!

xkm1948, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver

1. Terrible start up time and constant freezing - how to stop windows from installing driver - Similar Threads - Terrible start constant

2. boot times and constant computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    boot times and constant computer freeze: i bought a new dell laptop 2 weeks ago .i Its a dell laptop 4 gigs of ram.The cpu is an Intel i-7 and 320 hard drive. problem long boot time 3-4 minutes sometimes longer. the only programs i run is u torrent , Firefox, opera and bs player. The programs usually freeze for 2-3...
  3. HxTsr.exe, is constantly freezing up windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HxTsr.exe, is constantly freezing up windows 10.: This is the info in windows reliability monitor Description https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hxtsrexe-is-constantly-freezing-up-windows-10/1a1ca6ff-0459-4196-aeda-0c361c300fba
  4. How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?: How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer? I was installing Ricoh Aficio MP C3300 on Windows 10 & it kept installing class driver automatically without giving me option to manually browse to the driver location to pick driver ".inf" file that i...
  5. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...
  6. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver: Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to go, so I uninstalled it from the Programs and Features menu, but my issue is it keeps popping back up in Windows Update and...
  7. Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?: Hi everyone, My ati graficscard in my hp notebook broke (probably overheated at one point). While I was using windows 7 there was no problem starting my laptop b/c I just deinstalled the driver of that card. Since i upgraded to Windows 10 it alwaYs reinstalls the driver....
  8. terrible internet connection time

in Windows 10 Support
    terrible internet connection time: Download Speed 5-20 Mbps; CPU < 20%; Memory < 75%; Win 10; anti-virus internet protection off; no viruses found; trouble shooter does not find any connection problems; connecting to links dreadful often taking over 10 minutes 45428
  9. Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.: My computer will lock up constantly for several seconds at a time. At first I thought it was just with games but now I notice that it does it with everything. I've run my anti-virus (Avast!), chkdsk, sfc /scannow and I've defraged but the problem persists. I was looking up a...
  10. windows installation constantly freezes/hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows installation constantly freezes/hangs: On a new PC build, recreated windows installation media twice on the USB, everytime i get to like the enter product key screen it either hangs freezes before i get to enter it or after. 89928