Windows 10: Terrible static and skipping when playing ANY streamed audio or video with audio

Discus and support Terrible static and skipping when playing ANY streamed audio or video with audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having issues with the sound quality whenever I play music or video through a web-based service. I first believed this to be a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephenie Staton, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Terrible static and skipping when playing ANY streamed audio or video with audio

I have been having issues with the sound quality whenever I play music or video through a web-based service. I first believed this to be a problem with Spotify as that was the only platform that was experiencing this issue about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I then noticed it was doing the same thing with YouTube, iTunes or any sound that is streamed. I have contacted Spotify and done all of their fixes and they sent me to JBL to do the same. They have issued a warranty return - however - this is happening regardless of what device I am using to play sound through (laptop speaker, remote bluetooth speaker or a speaker that is plugged directly into my laptop. I have a Dell Vostro 5581 laptop that is less than 8 months old. I have done every single troubleshooting suggestion on every site I could possibly find, including this one and nothing has solved this issue. I see that this seems to be a very common situation for a lot of people and most are having the same issue. If anyone has had luck with getting this resolved, I would greatly appreciate the help.

:)

Stephenie Staton, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows 10 audio

Hi,

It's possible that you're experiencing static audio due to drivers that are incompatible with the latest update. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• What kind of audio devices are you using? For example, speakers or Bluetooth headsets.
    • Does the static occur when playing any kind of audio or video file, or just a specific audio or video file?
    • Does it happen when playing locally stored files or streaming music or videos online?

Yolvi Ell, Aug 13, 2019
  3. theridon Win User
    Audio static, skipping frames on some internet videos

I've been getting this horrid buzzing sound from my speakers like this , but not frequently or very long.

Did a little experimenting, when I had a Twitch stream open in one monitor, and the other monitor I have Amazon prime streaming. If I click "next episode" on Amazon to load a new episode, the Twitch stream would stutter for like half a second, and sometimes it would emitt the buzzing sound too.

It seems like it coincided with the spikes in wifi in the Task Manager. Yet, when I get frame skipping on youtube I have had no spikes in wifi, hard drive, cpu or anything else. I have a wdn4800 wireless adapter, other than that internet runs amazingly, can watch videos and play games with no problem. Still getting random burts of static sound, mainly from Youtube. Are there any tests I should run?

Terrible static and skipping when playing ANY streamed audio or video with audio [​IMG]

theridon, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Terrible static and skipping when playing ANY streamed audio or video with audio

windows 10 audio

it happens on my Lenovo ThinkPad USB c dock, as well as my 2 external usb audio cards and the headphone jack in my pc. I have tried using many pairs of headphones and 2 pairs of speakers. it happens when I am playing anything from a dvd to a YouTube video
    to windows system sounds.

MountainDrew___, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Terrible static and skipping when playing ANY streamed audio or video with audio

1. Terrible static and skipping when playing ANY streamed audio or video with audio - Similar Threads - Terrible static skipping

2. Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...: When watching youtube, disney+, netflix, or other streaming video services the video will stop and start buffering. Sometimes the audio will continue without the video, and other times the video comes back but the audio isnt synced up. When streaming an audio book on Audible...
  3. Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...: When watching youtube, disney+, netflix, or other streaming video services the video will stop and start buffering. Sometimes the audio will continue without the video, and other times the video comes back but the audio isnt synced up. When streaming an audio book on Audible...
  4. Cant stream video or audio

in Browsers and Email
    Cant stream video or audio: Hi,running Dell Lattitude 7380,8gb,win 10 pro,..all updates and driver updates done,.. all of a sudden,i cant stream You Tube vids to vlc,or any other player?..all relavant services seem to be running,..no wrong setting in group policy..wmp is set to allow streaming.. havnt...
  5. Cant stream video or audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant stream video or audio: Hi,running Dell Lattitude 7380,8gb,win 10 pro,..all updates and driver updates done,.. all of a sudden,i cant stream You Tube vids to vlc,or any other player?..all relavant services seem to be running,..no wrong setting in group policy..wmp is set to allow streaming.. havnt...
  6. Streaming Videos Skip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Streaming Videos Skip: I've noticed lately that YouTube and Amazon videos skip or hesitate and will sometimes crash the computer. I have to wait a few minutes to restart when that happens otherwise it'll just shut down again. I've got a HP 6735b laptop with Windows 10...
  7. No audio when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  8. Audio ahead of video streaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio ahead of video streaming: One week ago for no apparent reason, my audio started getting ahead of all streaming services. This happens across all browsers, and I have a second PC on the same network that does not have any issues. That PC does not run on Windows 10, but my PC does. I'm very suspicious...
  9. audio but no video when playing dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio but no video when playing dvd: I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds. This isn't usually a problem for me unless I'm somewhere that doesn't give me internet access, that's when I'll put on a dvd....
  10. Audio static, skipping frames on some internet videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio static, skipping frames on some internet videos: I have a relatively new PC, gtx 1060 and intel i6700 cpu. About 2 weeks ago I started noticing a bit of static/popping randomly, usually when watching youtube/netflix etc. It's a popping/static that comes out of my speakers when I'm playing a video with sound and is real...