Windows 10: Terribly Slow User Interface in Windows 10 in High-Resolution Screens

Discus and support Terribly Slow User Interface in Windows 10 in High-Resolution Screens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After 2 - 3 years from letting you know that Windows 10 has serious problems in terms of the user interface in high-resolution devices, you did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmirHosseinAhmadi, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Terribly Slow User Interface in Windows 10 in High-Resolution Screens

After 2 - 3 years from letting you know that Windows 10 has serious problems in terms of the user interface in high-resolution devices, you did NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING.

I personally let you know about this problem more than 2 years ago (here), after sending some ridiculous responses and **** solutions, then you finally fooled me with your so-called Feedback Hub, where NO ONE answered me.

I'm not going to describe and explain the problem for the 100th time, because it has already been explained in the following discussions:

Surface Book 2 Task View Lag (and other high-resolution laptops included)

4k laptop lag in Windows 10 UI animations

Laggy animations and effects at 4K resolution (running Windows 10)Lag with Surface book 2

Windows 10 animation lags

etc.

I'm sorry but I don't really know what your developers do when they do go "work" every day! Everybody who has a device with a screen that has a resolution more than full HD had this problem for more than 3 years and you don't seem to care.

Please do not send responses with childish solutions, we all have already tried EVERYTHING, some people sold their devices because there was no solution to this issue.

This problem only has to do with Windows 10.

Again, please just tell me that you will notice your development team, and they will work on this issue that a lot of people, even the users of your OWN devices (Surface Book and Surface Laptop) are suffering from.

Thanks in Advance.

:)

AmirHosseinAhmadi, Jun 16, 2019

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Screen smaller and resolution

Hello JerryXia1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you are facing issues with the screen resolution, I would suggest you to change the display settings.

Method 1: Change screen resolution

1. Open Start, select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings.
    2. Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked “(Recommended) ”

Method 2: Update Display drivers

Follow the article to update the drivers from Device manager- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers

Additional Information: Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

Hope it helps.

Mala. S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Terribly Slow User Interface in Windows 10 in High-Resolution Screens

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Terribly Slow User Interface in Windows 10 in High-Resolution Screens

1. Terribly Slow User Interface in Windows 10 in High-Resolution Screens - Similar Threads - Terribly Slow User

2. Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s: My DNS name resolution when visiting websites is very slow average 11 s.Typically this happens with web searching and links to unvisited sites. But I also suffer when I access a webapp like microsoft's outlook.office.com.The interface is quick and responsive, but the data...
  3. Terrible slow shutdown!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Terrible slow shutdown!: I don't have any problem with my PC, but since last windows upgrade (from 20H2 to 21H1) shutdown is too slow. I tried many solutions but nothing helped. How to fix it? 177039
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen No User Interface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Lock Screen No User Interface: Hello all, I've trawlled through all the threadsc on this, but i can't seem to find a scenario that replicates my issue. I have no interaction with the computer following an update i performed yesterday 24 October 2020. I jave done the close down the times and i now have...
  5. Windows is terrible at dynamic resolutions.... Is there any solution to this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is terrible at dynamic resolutions.... Is there any solution to this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zkyevolved [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilr4yd/windows_is_terrible_at_dynamic_resolutions_is/
  6. Photos terribly slow to delete

Photos terribly slow to delete: I am a novice here. My computer recently updated to Windows 10, but even before then I believe it took a LONGtime minutes to delete and try to move pictures to a flash drive. I am moving/deleting photos to try to free up some disc space. The disc has minimum free space. Is...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Resolution All Users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screen Resolution All Users: I need to install Windows 10 on 1,500 rugged tablets. We need to have all users with the same screen resolution. Is there a setting in either Group Policy or a Registry setting that I can use to ensure that each user will have the same setting?...
  8. OneDrive is sooo terribly slow

OneDrive is sooo terribly slow: MS sells Office 365 including 1TB OneDrive space (per account) However, my experience is that it is incredibly slow. For a limited number of files, OneDrive may be okay, but it has significant issues (at least with me here) handling larger number of files. It is...
  9. Windows 10 User Interface Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Interface Issues: Hi Everyone, I am having problems with displaying the user interface on my computer after I have updated to Windows 10 1803, the problem is that it dows not show thte whole user interface as shown below when I launch Microsoft visual Studio and some other apps.z [ATTACH] If...
  10. terrible slow boot

in Windows 10 Support
    terrible slow boot: I gave Windows 10 another chance after March update and tried a VM so I upgraded main Windows 8.1 to 10 build 10041 Bios-> windows logo for some seconds->black screen for 10 minutes->desktop While on the black screen, the HD light is constantly on. After desktop...