Windows 10: Test automation for windows credential provider

Discus and support Test automation for windows credential provider in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a requirement where I have to automate the manual tests for a credential provider that provides MFA that has been developed for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by monikaavalur, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Test automation for windows credential provider

Hello,

I have a requirement where I have to automate the manual tests for a credential provider that provides MFA that has been developed for windows.

I have done an extensive research of how it can be done.

I couldn't find any way to automate windows login screen.

However I have see some windows automation frameworks like UI automation, windows accessibility and power automate.

I was wondering if we can use it for the purpose?

:)

monikaavalur, Aug 14, 2020

2. Test automation for windows credential provider

Hello,

I have a requirement where I have to automate the manual tests for a credential provider that provides MFA that has been developed for windows.

I have done an extensive research of how it can be done.

I couldn't find any way to automate windows login screen.

However I have see some windows automation frameworks like UI automation, windows accessibility and power automate.

I was wondering if we can use it for the purpose?

monikaavalur, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Test automation for windows credential provider

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Test automation for windows credential provider

1. Test automation for windows credential provider - Similar Threads - Test automation credential

2. Latest Credential Provider Interfaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Credential Provider Interfaces: Hello,I am developing a credential provider and have come across a number of undocumented...
  3. Latest Credential Provider Interfaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Credential Provider Interfaces: Hello,I am developing a credential provider and have come across a number of undocumented...
  4. Custom Credential Provider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Credential Provider: Hi all,When attempting to create a custom credential provider for my organization I've found that I can successfully "unlock" or rather "logon" to the PC but can't unlock when using the same credentials.Windows reports incorrect username or password - ntsStatus 0xC000006D...
  5. Custom Credential Provider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Credential Provider: Hi all,When attempting to create a custom credential provider for my organization I've found that I can successfully "unlock" or rather "logon" to the PC but can't unlock when using the same credentials.Windows reports incorrect username or password - ntsStatus 0xC000006D...
  6. Custom Credential Provider

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows Hello compatibility with Google Credential Provider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello compatibility with Google Credential Provider: Hi All, I just received a company laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed. The company also installed a necessary login for the laptop account through Google Credential Provider (a kind of gmail log-in option besides the windows Hello options). Logging in through this method is...
  8. Custom credential providers fails to load on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Custom credential providers fails to load on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If your custom credential providers don’t load when you first log on Windows 10, then this post will be able to guide you. Credential providers […] This post Custom credential providers fails to load on Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Credential provider allowing login with no password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential provider allowing login with no password: Hello, I've done a custom credential provider, as the one in the microsofts examples. until now, I'm able to work well with it, but I need to change the credentials needed for the authentication (i.e. login in the user account without the password). I believe that to...
  10. Bringing automated testing to Microsoft Edge through WebDriver

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing automated testing to Microsoft Edge through WebDriver: Today we’re announcing support for automated testing of Microsoft Edge through the W3C WebDriver standard. To use WebDriver with Microsoft Edge, you need the MicrosoftWebDriver server on a Windows Insiders build of 10166 or newer. Once that’s installed, you can try out...