Windows 10: test network connectivity

Discus and support test network connectivity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All Am putting together a system of pre- and post commands for a backup program. Write a copy to a USB disk and starting a second pc to have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by han jansen, May 16, 2020.

1. test network connectivity

Hello All

Am putting together a system of pre- and post commands for a backup program.
    Write a copy to a USB disk and starting a second pc to have a copy on it too.

This is all done with batch files and it is working on WIN 10 latest build.

The only thing left to improve is the fact that when all is started, backed up
    and copied, I have the second pc shutdown.
    This now I would make dependend of the state of the second pc before the pre command.

I would like to test if the second pc is physically connected to my router before I boot it over LAN.
    So NOT testing if it runs or not, that we can ping.

But just checking if the green lights on router and second pc are lit and thus concluding that a cable is connected between the two.
    And now the kicker ......... Without waking up the second pc.

Anyone has an idea?

Ciao, Han

:)

han jansen, May 16, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, May 16, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, May 16, 2020
  4. test network connectivity

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, May 16, 2020
Thema:

test network connectivity

1. test network connectivity - Similar Threads - test network connectivity

2. You’re connected using a virtual network adapter that we can’t test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You’re connected using a virtual network adapter that we can’t test: I did windows update yesterday, and today when getting on computer, I have no way to connect to internet and get the message “You’re connected using a virtual network adapter that we can’t test”I’ve read through other forums and done the things suggested. I’ve done a factory...
  3. You’re connected using a virtual network adapter that we can’t test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You’re connected using a virtual network adapter that we can’t test: I did windows update yesterday, and today when getting on computer, I have no way to connect to internet and get the message “You’re connected using a virtual network adapter that we can’t test”I’ve read through other forums and done the things suggested. I’ve done a factory...
  4. Can’t connect to Network after Running diagnostic test

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to Network after Running diagnostic test: I ran a diagnostic test and restarted my pc. Once it rebooted it looked all fine, besides my Pin wouldn’t load and it wouldn’t connect to my wifi. I’ve tried restarting it and everything but it just won’t connect and I’m in need of some help. I’m a newbie to computers and...
  5. Network speed test

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network speed test: Network speed test - service to perform network speed test not available error -try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-speed-test/e20a44e6-96e4-4ee8-8a3d-258ecfbbeebd
  6. Network Spped Test

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Network Spped Test: To download network speed test, is Microsoft store only Option. I am using Windows 10 build 1903, and Microsoft store is disable in my enterprise laptop. Is there any other option to get Network speed test app. Please suggest. TIA...
  7. Network Speed Test Error?

Network Speed Test Error?: Hi, When I try t run the Microsoft "Network Speed Test" app. I get the error: Service unavailable Looks like the service to perofrm a speed test isn't available right now. Try again later. I have tried uninstall / reset and it does not fix the problem. Thanks, Ward....
  8. Network Speed Test Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Speed Test Not Working: Speed Test from MS store stopped working about a month ago. It says the service is unavailable, try again later. I have used it for a few years before this with no problems....
  9. Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.: I have 3 machines that are running Windows 10 Pro 1803, two of which are Laptops (1 x Acer TMP453-MG & 1 x MSI GE70-2PE). The MSI is for work exclusively and the Acer is primarily for multimedia stuff. I use the laptops at home and at work. At home I have a Huawei B315 LTE...
  10. Testing Networking

Testing Networking: Testing 123 I have to be the first networking post. *Smile 1449