Windows 10: Test New Hard drive

Discus and support Test New Hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; .Yesterday the hard drive has just got two blue screens and re-started twice while i was searching online , i'v had 3 blue screens and restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NettleWarbler, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Test New Hard drive

.Yesterday the hard drive has just got two blue screens and re-started twice while i was searching online , i'v had 3 blue screens and restarted computers in the last 3 days . I think its the new hard drive .

NettleWarbler, Sep 23, 2022

2. full test of hard drive

We don't know what you used to do the test.

Refer to the hard drive diagnostics software that you used list of error codes at their website or community forums.

Bill Smithers, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Test New Hard drive

Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Test New Hard drive

1. Test New Hard drive - Similar Threads - Test Hard drive

2. New hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New hard drive: My old hard drive in my Acer laptop was stuck in a desktop refresh loop. I took a hard drive from a dell desktop and installed it into my Acer laptop. It boots fine, but none of the drivers work. I can't update them or reinstall them to get them to work. I can't connect to...
  3. new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new hard drive: I have just installed a new hard drive as the old one was running slow i transferred everything over but it would not move the windows part so cannot start up pc without the old hard drive...
  4. new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new hard drive: I have just installed a new hard drive as the old one was running slow i transferred everything over but it would not move the windows part so cannot start up pc without the old hard drive...
  5. new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.: Hello everyone, for the past few days my computer has been acting very slow and the disk usage never goes over 50%. I ran a test using "GSmartControl" and it showed the results of the test as "Completed with read failure" I check another tool to be safe and the health of it...
  7. Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive test completed, but with read failure.: Hello everyone, for the past few days my computer has been acting very slow and the disk usage never goes over 50%. I ran a test using "GSmartControl" and it showed the results of the test as "Completed with read failure" I check another tool to be safe and the health of it...
  8. Test hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Test hard drive: Hi, My hard drive [2TB new] takes about 3 minutes to stop making a slight noise at bootup. How can I test a hard drive or figure out why it makes noise for about 3 minutes? Thanks, Joe Delaney Win Version 1909 162464
  9. Test hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Test hard drive: Hi, My hard drive [2TB new] takes about 3 minutes to stop making a slight noise at bootup. How can I test a hard drive or figure out why it makes noise for about 3 minutes? Thanks, Joe Delaney Win Version 1909 162464
  10. New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive: I am looking to replace my current hard drive with a better one, and I am unsure on where to go/what to do on going about to install Windows 10 (Pro, to be exact.) back onto my PC with the new hard drive. Where would I go to download an installer and what would I do? I have a...