Windows 10: Test Windows 10 on a Virtual Machine

Discus and support Test Windows 10 on a Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Test Windows 10 on a Virtual Machine Upgrading to a new operating system can be an intimidating undertaking that massively disrupts your daily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jpeni, Oct 23, 2015.

1. jpeni Win User

Test Windows 10 on a Virtual Machine

Upgrading to a new operating system can be an intimidating undertaking that massively disrupts your daily workflow. And considering the dramatic interface changes introduced in Windows 10, you may not want to invest in Microsoft's latest OS without first giving it a thorough shakedown.

Fortunately, there's an easy, hassle-free way to test-drive Windows 10. Using a program called VirtualBox and the new Windows 10, you can try out the new OS for free, without disturbing your current operating system.

If you’re running Windows, Virtualbox is probably your best bet. It’s free, open-source, runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux, the interface is easy to use, and it supports snapshots.

Setup requires a more-than-entry-level PC, since you'll be running two resource-hungry OSes at once. But a virtual machine is well worth the effort, because it means fewer headaches than fully upgrading to beta software or running a second version of Windows on a drive partition. Also, if a VM gets a virus or starts acting weird, you can just delete it and reinstall.

To download Windows 10, go to Windows 10.

For more information, read How to run Windows 10 on a virtual machine | The Download Blog - CNET Download.com

:)

jpeni, Oct 23, 2015
  2. isaact12 Win User

Windows 10 Activation on Virtual Machine

I have a Windows 10 computer. I created a virtual machine and installed my copy of Windows 10 Home. It is asking for activation. Do I have to buy another copy of Windows 10 for the virtual machine? I will be using the virtual machine to test Windows Insider
    builds.

isaact12, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Virtual box and Win 10

unfortunately you would have to purchase a second copy of windows 10, a virtual machine is considered a different device and requires a license of its own.

you can install windows 10 which will give you a short time (without activating) to test your application.

or you could join the insider program (and install insider previews in the virtual machine) and continue to test your app in the pre release versions of windows

Martmcd, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Test Windows 10 on a Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - Test Virtual Machine

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. Windows 10 Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Virtual Machine: Good morningI am running Windows 10 with a virtual machine that runs Windows XP. The problem is that the Windows XP screen size is very small but even if I go to full screen mode the XP window remains very small.How do I get the Virtual Machine to run in full screen mode.I...
  4. virtual windows machine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual windows machine.: Hi all, I have a device that needs to be updated using a PC, but I only have a Chromebook. Would it be possible to use the windows virtual machine and update it while it's connected to my Chromebook?...
  5. Virtual Machine

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Machine: Hello Microsoft this is Philip and i hope you have a wonderful day.I have just purchased a app called VirtualMachine from National Software and i don know how to set it up if youd know please help me thank you.Philip...
  6. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  7. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  8. virtual machine to test malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    virtual machine to test malware: So let's say theres an app I want, but it's from a really sketchy russian site and I'm almost certain it has a virus. But I really need that app and can't find any other sites to download it from. Can I set up a virtual machine and download that app on it to see if it has a...
  9. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  10. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...