Windows 10: Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Discus and support Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MCT is supposed to format the USB flash drive as FAT32. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Nov 5, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

MCT is supposed to format the USB flash drive as FAT32.

NavyLCDR, Nov 6, 2016

2. Ok, I will use your suggestion from the link. Thanks!

Looks like the MCT is not reliable either...

win10freak, Nov 6, 2016
  3. cereberus Win User
    Not sure why this is not working - first time I ever heard of it.

cereberus, Nov 6, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Only way that would happen is if they had an unattended.xml file. A straight Windows install USB or Disc won't automatically do anything.

Neemobeer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus? - Similar Threads - Testing Win10 Bootable

2. Create bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create bootable USB: Hi community, I'm creating a bootable usb by rufus. It give me 3 options: 1, Create with legacy BIOS or UEFI 2, Create with only UEFI 3, Create with only legacy BIOS Can someone explain to me these 3 options, and your recommendation option ? Thank you, have a good day !...
  3. how to create a USB bootable media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to create a USB bootable media: I have an Acer desktop computer running Windows 10 and I got only the update Version 1803. I can't get 1809 and 19093 because after installation, I can't boot the computer. On the other hand, Microsoft informs that I need to get the newer version update. That is why I need to...
  4. Creating Bootable Media

Creating Bootable Media: Hi all,I have a quick question about creating a bootable usb stick.I am not to computer savvy so please bare with me. I read the tutorial on how to do it with the media creation tool.Went as planned,I guess,haven't used it yet but what I wanted to know is I removed the usb...
  5. Using Rufus to create installation USB

Using Rufus to create installation USB: Hi all, I've been having ridiculous amounts of trouble getting the Media Install tool (whatever its called) from Microsoft to create an USB Installer for windows - I'm done with it, don't want to use it. I've heard there's a program called Rufus, from here: https://rufus.ie...
  6. best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs

best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs: I'm a happy camper using Rufus to create a bootable USB from just one ISO. Now I have a 32 GB USB 3 thumb drive and I want to install various 3, 4, maybe more rescue disks plus Win 64 1803 on this one thumb drive. What's the best, or what are the best choices? Why? There are...
  7. New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives: Version 2.0 (2015.03.03) Major UI improvements (improved font, new info field, no separate progress dialog, etc.) Add support for Windows To Go (when Rufus is running on Windows 8 or later) Add support for Grub4DOS and GRUB 2 based images (e.g. FreeNAS) Add portable...
  8. Query for others who use Rufus to create a bootable Win10 flash drive

Query for others who use Rufus to create a bootable Win10 flash drive: Ive been playing around with various methods for creating a Bootable Windows 10 flash drive to clean install Windows 10. Ive always used the Media Creation Tool to Download/Create the USB until recently it no longer works for me. You guys on here gave me instructions on...
  9. Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus: Hi All, I downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreation tool and selected Pro x86 and x64 ("Both"). After the download was completed an ISO was created. Then i though of using Rufus but it is giving me error "iso image extraction failure". I used winzip to extract files and see...
  10. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...