Windows 10: Testing computer for hardware issues?

Discus and support Testing computer for hardware issues? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently ran into an issue where I was unable to boot up Windows on my Dell desktop:- Upon booting, blue screen with white horizontal broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MC_271, Jul 22, 2021.

1. MC_271 Win User

Testing computer for hardware issues?

I recently ran into an issue where I was unable to boot up Windows on my Dell desktop:- Upon booting, blue screen with white horizontal broken lines- System attempts to reboot- Black screen with windows symbol --> Preparing Automatic repair… Diagnosing your PC…- Message received: "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC … Log file: C:\Windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

:)

MC_271, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Testing computer for hardware issues? [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Testing computer for hardware issues? - Similar Threads - Testing computer hardware

2. Hardware issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware issue: I bought an external hard drive recently. Anytime I have to access the content on it, I have to open a shortcut the drive has created before I'm able to access the contents. Is this normal?Why can't I access the contents directly but have to open a shortcut before?...
  3. Hardware Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware Issue: My dad has a Sony VAIO Duo 13. His Sony VAIO Duo 13 will turn off if the charger isn't plug. This computer is at 100% Is there a way so the tablet can function without the charger plugged in 24/7? Can anyone fix this? submitted by /u/OrangeJuiceKitten [link] [comments]...
  4. Hardware Issues With Old Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Issues With Old Computer: Hi. I'm not expecting any definite answers, here, but I'm hoping for a few ideas. I decided to try to install Win10 on an old desktop. It is barely minimum spec (896MB RAM - not sure why this isn't 1GB - another issue?). However, this isn't the issue. I can get virtually...
  5. Hardware Issues With Old Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware Issues With Old Computer: Hi. I'm not expecting any definite answers, here, but I'm hoping for a few ideas. I decided to try to install Win10 on an old desktop. It is barely minimum spec (896MB RAM - not sure why this isn't 1GB - another issue?). However, this isn't the issue. I can get virtually...
  6. Dell hardware tests

Dell hardware tests: I have an alienware M17 I just took the full Dell hardware test and and found everything was fine except for IntelR UHD Graphics 630. Here are the results under that section of testing. IntelR UHD Graphics 630 GPU Pipeline Data Test Cannot Run IntelR UHD Graphics 630...
  7. IntelR UHD Graphics 630 failing tests on Dell Full Hardware Test

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 failing tests on Dell Full Hardware Test: My Dell XPS 15 9570 was having a bunch of trouble trying to run video games right after a full reset. the reset itself had its own issues I tried to run Warzone at the lowest possible settings and was bouncing between 2 fps and at most 30. I have spent a number of hours...
  8. Computer test

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer test: My old Dell had a test that gave extensive, several page results- including "extended System test", "system stress test", etc. I have a new Dell which also has problems and cannot find this test- both computers had Windows 10. Thanks for any help John...
  9. A COMPUTER HARDWARE ISSUE

A COMPUTER HARDWARE ISSUE: THERE'S A PROBLEM IN MY LAPTOP THAT HIS DVD DOESN'T PLAY MOVIES I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND I TRIED TO UPDATE THE DVD AND TRY TO PUT OTHER MOVIES BUT IT DIDN'T HELP WHAT'S THE solution FOR THAT ?...
  10. Hardware For Windows 10 Test System

Hardware For Windows 10 Test System: I would like to set up a test computer to test Windows 10 Pro on. I'd like to take advantage of virtualization. What is a good motherboard, processor, and video card for such a test system? I would like to keep costs reasonable, since I have to obtain funding from other...