Windows 10: Tests of Image Backup Software on 32GB tablet with 32bit UEFI OS

Discus and support Tests of Image Backup Software on 32GB tablet with 32bit UEFI OS in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Many tablets and hybrids are unusual as they use a 32bit UEFI OS. I did some tests a couple of years back, and only Macrium Reflect Free was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Sep 23, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Tests of Image Backup Software on 32GB tablet with 32bit UEFI OS

Many tablets and hybrids are unusual as they use a 32bit UEFI OS. I did some tests a couple of years back, and only Macrium Reflect Free was able to successfully backup and restore images of such devices.

I decided to revisit this tests using latest version of each image backup tool.

I tested following free well known tools:-
    Aoemi Backupper
    Veeam Agent
    Easeus Todo Backup Free
    Paragon Backup
    Windows own SIB.
    Macrium Reflect Free
    I did not test Acronis Trueimage as not free.

Overall Summary - Only Easeus Todi Backup and Macrium Reflect Free were successful with Macrium Reflect Free being much faster with a smaller image. In the end, no contest - use Macrium Reflect Free

Here are my detailed results.
    1) Aoemi Backupper - approx 15 mins to create 14GB backup files (split to give 4GB files)
    However, I created boot USB rescue drive using uefi option or legacy bios option. Would not boot from either option!

Conclusion:- Useless if rescue drive will not boot for 32bit uefi systems.

2) Veeam Agent
    You have to register to get this. After installation, tried to create a recovery drive, and it failed saying it could not find a specified file (which error message never specified)

Conclusion:- Useless as it cannot create a rescue drive for 32bit uefi systems.

3) Easeus Todo Backup Free
    Took ages to install, and you have to register email, and you have to deselect additiona crapware options. Was very slow in creating rescue drive.
    Backup was 14 GB.
    Booted OK from boot drive - was a little awkward using menus as in portrait mode, and had to move window to left to see recovery options.
    Recovery was very slow - over 35 minutes. Need well charged battery to use this.
    Recovery was perfect though. Booted fine.

Conclusion:- Does the job but very slow.

4) Paragon Backup
    Did not fully test this but have up when it requireduser to download all of win10adk rather than selectively downloading components it needed as other tools do. This would have led to a 6GB+ download which is stupid on a 32GB device.

Conclusions: Forget it due to large waste of disk space needed.

5) Windows own SIB
    This is now a deprecated feature but I tested anyway.
    I tried to create a repair drive but it would not let me because I have deleted recovery partition, however, it is easy enough to create a bootable windows 10 installation flash drive with repair features included.
    I went to make an image backup, and it failed complaining about vss shadow copy issue.
    I gave up at this point as I had no idea how to sort this without spending a lot of time investigating.

Conclusion: Forget it.

6) Macrium Reflect Free
    No registering email or crapware on install.sound
    Approx 12 mins to create 12 GB backup.
    No need to select boot type for Rescue Drive - dual purpose.
    Booted fine, and restored in less than 9 minutes.
    PC booted perfectly.

Conclusion: Simply the best, and just works perfectly. Do not bother with other options.

:)

cereberus, Sep 23, 2017

2. can I update Lenovo Miix 3-830 Tablet to windows 10

Can I update Lenovo Miix 3-830 Tablet to windows 10?

Its is 2Gb ram, 32GB internal & 32bit

KapilBilwal, Sep 23, 2017
  3. Continual loop after failed update to Windows 10

Sorry, no. The "fix" for me was Digiland replacing the original tablet with a new one and sending the bad one back to China with my SD card for further testing. If you have no way of breaking into the UEFI (BIOS) settings in order to boot from an external
    drive, it's a real challenge that MS will need to address.

What make/model of tablet, and do you also have an SD card installed where it attempted to backup the old OS too?

Sundownkid, Sep 23, 2017
Thema:

Tests of Image Backup Software on 32GB tablet with 32bit UEFI OS

1. Tests of Image Backup Software on 32GB tablet with 32bit UEFI OS - Similar Threads - Tests Image Backup

2. 32bit backup to 64bit os?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    32bit backup to 64bit os?: hi, i need some advice please. i have two notebooks. notebook A has win10 home 32bit. i made a full system image backup of the hdd with macrium. notebook B has win10 pro 64bit and enough free space to accommodate the backup from A, in fact it only has the os and some minor...
  3. 32bit backup to 64bit os?

in Windows 10 Support
    32bit backup to 64bit os?: hi, i need some advice please. i have two notebooks. notebook A has win10 home 32bit. i made a full system image backup of the hdd with macrium. notebook B has win10 pro 64bit and enough free space to accommodate the backup from A, in fact it only has the os and some minor...
  4. Offline image backup of OS: Robocopy ok?

Offline image backup of OS: Robocopy ok?: Hi there! I would like to do an offline image backup of my OS-drive. I'm only interested in the OS itself. The data is backed up separately (and resides on a different drive). For high security, I'd like to avoid using any third party software. I will be installing win 10...
  5. storage space on 32GB tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    storage space on 32GB tablet: I purchased a tablet with 32GB internal memory. When new it had about 9GB free space. And now that's all gone because you, Microsoft, keeps updating the OS. Every time I clean the system up I end up with less and less free space. Yes, I remove temp files, disc cleanup,...
  6. update a 32GB win10 emmc tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update a 32GB win10 emmc tablet: I have an of brand 32GB emmc surface tablet knockoff. I read there is a lite version for a 32bit and 64bit tablet. I have been searching yet I can never find a safe download site. I have a ONDA 64GB 64bit Chinese tablet several years old, came with win 8 and I updated it...
  7. Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought

Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought: I am looking at Acronis or Macrium. Any thoughts? Is the free version of Macrium good or should I buy one. Many thanks SM 125805
  8. VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium: I have a Macrium Reflect Free image backup from my tablet which is uses a 32bit uefi format installation. I tried to open it in viboot but it refused to open it, and got in a loading failed loop. Installs done with 64bit uefi work fine. I checked the image and it is...
  9. test backup

test backup: Run Macrium Reflect free, Backup 10 into USB HDD, how do you test this backup really runs? 70898
  10. Recommendation for image backup software

Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup 32bit uefi