Windows 10: Tethering

Discus and support Tethering in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to tether my windows phone (Lumia 650) with windows 10 to my laptop (HP pavilion g6) with windows 10. The windows questions website and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TF1_uk, Jul 23, 2018.

1. TF1_uk Win User

Tethering

I am trying to tether my windows phone (Lumia 650) with windows 10 to my laptop (HP pavilion g6) with windows 10.

The windows questions website and others say go to internet sharing on settings on the phone to start, but it's not there!

Any ideas on what is missing/ wrong?

Is there a guide to follow?

:)

TF1_uk, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

USB tethering SP3 Win10 Android 4.4.2

We appreciate the detailed reply. To continue troubleshooting, let's reset your Internet connection settings and cache. To reset your Internet connection, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided by
    BenjaminRamsden in the following thread:
    USB tethering does not work on windows 10

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Kasser Win User
    Kasser, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Tethering

USB Tethering problem after win10 upgradation

Dear Sujata,

I followed ur steps. But nothing changed in my laptop and still i cant do USB tethering in my lap. plz suggest me some other ways to rectify my problem.

Regards,

Senthil P

Senthil Pal, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Tethering

1. Tethering - Similar Threads - Tethering

2. Cant usb tether windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant usb tether windows 11: Phone: Motorola g 14OS: Android G14Laptop OS: Windows 11I cant enable USB tethering to share internet from phone to laptop. The USB cable is new and fine, ive confirmed that it has working data transfer capability. I think there might be a driver issue in the laptop.Device...
  3. Cant usb tether windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant usb tether windows 11: Phone: Motorola g 14OS: Android G14Laptop OS: Windows 11I cant enable USB tethering to share internet from phone to laptop. The USB cable is new and fine, ive confirmed that it has working data transfer capability. I think there might be a driver issue in the laptop.Device...
  4. USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend: I'm facing an issue with USB tethering on my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH-HN310W . When I try to use USB tethering with my phone, it doesn't work. However, the same phone and cable work perfectly fine on my friend's laptop, which is also the same model as mine. I've...
  5. USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend

USB Tethering Not Working on Laptop, Works on Same Model Laptop of Friend: I'm facing an issue with USB tethering on my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH-HN310W . When I try to use USB tethering with my phone, it doesn't work. However, the same phone and cable work perfectly fine on my friend's laptop, which is also the same model as mine. I've...
  6. Is there any way to tether my phones 5g to my PC without using a USB cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to tether my phones 5g to my PC without using a USB cable?: I'm using a WIndows 10 PC. My Virgin Media internet will be expiring soon and I want to know if I could just use my 5g mobile phone's internet instead rather than wasting £60 a month on paying for broadband with Virgin/ Sky etc. The only way I know how to tether is by...
  7. Is there any way to tether my phones 5g to my PC without using a USB cable?

Is there any way to tether my phones 5g to my PC without using a USB cable?: I'm using a WIndows 10 PC. My Virgin Media internet will be expiring soon and I want to know if I could just use my 5g mobile phone's internet instead rather than wasting £60 a month on paying for broadband with Virgin/ Sky etc. The only way I know how to tether is by...
  8. Is there any way to tether my phones 5g to my PC without using a USB cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Tethering. WIN 10-Nokia 2.3 TA-1211 -Audimobile network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tethering. WIN 10-Nokia 2.3 TA-1211 -Audimobile network: When I try to Hot-spot/tether my Nokia smartphone, which uses Audi-mobile network Telstra to my my WIN 10 laptop, fully updated, it connects but does not give me access to the internet. I have contacted Nokia who refer me to Audi-mobile. Audi-mobile refer me to Nokia!So I...
  10. Tethering. WIN 10-Nokia 2.3 TA-1211 -Audimobile network

Tethering. WIN 10-Nokia 2.3 TA-1211 -Audimobile network: When I try to Hot-spot/tether my Nokia smartphone, which uses Audi-mobile network Telstra to my my WIN 10 laptop, fully updated, it connects but does not give me access to the internet. I have contacted Nokia who refer me to Audi-mobile. Audi-mobile refer me to Nokia!So I...